- 3,290 Posts. Joined 9/2005
- Location: Out in your yard - feathers of an arrow
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Doubt for a warm IEM for Jazz music under 200$ Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best $350 or under IEM with iPhone controls and mic Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's with BEST bass response £100-£250 Last post on 7/29/12 at 5:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Search goes on: Today, the smoothest, non fatiguing in ear, little sub bass rumble, under 150 $ Last post on 7/30/12 at 8:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
IE80 - High End Earphones I think there's a point to where you draw the line for a Price Point, this goes over that boundary and breaks the rules of it's price, which is unfortunate. I feel...
If you want a natural sound with realistic vocals and soundstage, tight bass, sparkling highs without being fatigued, and a headphone who can reveal the true quality of the recorded music, and...
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one thing comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread - Page 171post #2551 of 36911/22/13 at 10:49amEvery time I see this thread bumped , I hope it's about the upgrade, and every time I'm left disappointed. And now I am part of the problem lol
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2552 of 36911/22/13 at 10:51am
Things are probably going to be announced at the launch, whatever the program is gonna be is not just for us head-fi members, so it's gonna show up on their facebook page or someplace else first if not before here.post #2553 of 36911/22/13 at 11:25amQuote:
x2post #2554 of 36911/22/13 at 11:37ampost #2555 of 36911/22/13 at 12:29pmpost #2556 of 36911/22/13 at 12:36pmpost #2557 of 36911/22/13 at 12:40pmpost #2558 of 36911/22/13 at 12:46pmpost #2559 of 36911/22/13 at 12:51pmQuote:
eke2k6 posted this a while back, you might try it out:Quote:Originally Posted by eke2k6
Here, try this EQ out: 2000 Hz : +1.5 dB. 4000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 5000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 8000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 12000 Hz : +5.0 dB 16000 Hz : +5.5 dB.
Let me know what you think. Also, check if you have any EQ setting already enabled on your players that may be interfering with the ASG-1.
and tinyman392 posted this one:Quote:Originally Posted by tinyman392
I forgot that on iOS 6 B2, EQu works! That said, I did play around with the EQ a bit to add a bit of sweetness to these, but also increase treble and detail. IDK what everyone else is using for EQ, but here's mine (on EQu):
Don't hate on the song :p
That show, here's the EQ settings (10 bands):
- 32 Hz : -4.0 dB
- 64 Hz : -0.6 dB
- 128 Hz: 0.0 dB (if possible, don't place a node here)
- 250 Hz: 0.0 dB
- 500 Hz: +0.1 dB
- 1 kHz : +1.5 dB
- 2 kHz : +3.0 dB (if "Shoutyness" occurs, lower to 2.5 or 2 dB or until your personal "shoutyness" "cap" is reached)
- 4 kHz : 0.0 dB
- 8 kHz : +2.0 dB
- 16 kHz: +2.0 dB
If you listen to the vocals, you'll hear what I call sweetness or energy mainly due to the bump in the 1-4 kHz region. The lowering of the sub-bass is to control it a bit and make the sound more punchy. Increase in treble is self explanatory. Now, this EQ works well for me, does add the sweetness I need, I wish it had it by default... Reason being that EQu drains my battery like you wouldn't believe :( With that said, I'm going to stop using the EQ and use something that is less processor intensive... the stock music app (which means no EQ :(). That spike is something that is needed in my book to add sweetness and shoutyness. Even if it's just a 2-2.5 dB bump.post #2560 of 36911/22/13 at 12:56pmQuote:
No worries at all
I was lucky enough to have a chance to order the AS-2's during the sale and then found out I won the ASG-2 which just makes me feel extremely lucky and grateful. I am still trying to sell some things to make up for it (AS-2) and haven't even opened the set of iem's I had to have replaced (warranty).
I keep checking my email like a crazy person hoping for a ship date but I'm really not expecting to hear anything for a few more weeks - especially with NAMM and how many orders I'm sure they received during the sale. The contest did give me a chance to pay it forward and I gave one of my sets of iem's to my nephew who's really into music. I feel like one of the best things about music is sharing it with others, right?post #2561 of 36911/22/13 at 1:00pmLucky nephew. So are you giving him the ASG-2 or another pair?
And yeah, one of the things I like about universals is sharing the sound with others. I can't do that with the ES5.post #2562 of 36911/22/13 at 1:27pmQuote:
I gave him one of my other universal pairs. In all honesty I figured there might be times when I really want/need the custom and others where I'd prefer the universal. He's not quite old enough that I'd be willing to give him something like the ASG-2 just yetpost #2563 of 36911/22/13 at 7:14pmpost #2564 of 36911/22/13 at 7:51pmpost #2565 of 36911/22/13 at 8:36pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › ODAC gaming 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › Questyle Audio Unveils Two New DAP's at CES 2015! 4 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › HD800 vs HE1000/MHP1000 impressions. Suprises all around! 7 minutes ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 9 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2