- 2,286 Posts. Joined 9/2005
- Location: For we are many
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Doubt for a warm IEM for Jazz music under 200$ Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best $350 or under IEM with iPhone controls and mic Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's with BEST bass response £100-£250 Last post on 7/29/12 at 5:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Search goes on: Today, the smoothest, non fatiguing in ear, little sub bass rumble, under 150 $ Last post on 7/30/12 at 8:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread - Page 171post #2551 of 36271/22/13 at 10:49amEvery time I see this thread bumped , I hope it's about the upgrade, and every time I'm left disappointed. And now I am part of the problem lol
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2552 of 36271/22/13 at 10:51am
Things are probably going to be announced at the launch, whatever the program is gonna be is not just for us head-fi members, so it's gonna show up on their facebook page or someplace else first if not before here.post #2553 of 36271/22/13 at 11:25amQuote:
x2post #2554 of 36271/22/13 at 11:37ampost #2555 of 36271/22/13 at 12:29pmpost #2556 of 36271/22/13 at 12:36pmpost #2557 of 36271/22/13 at 12:40pmpost #2558 of 36271/22/13 at 12:46pmpost #2559 of 36271/22/13 at 12:51pmQuote:
eke2k6 posted this a while back, you might try it out:Quote:Originally Posted by eke2k6
Here, try this EQ out: 2000 Hz : +1.5 dB. 4000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 5000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 8000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 12000 Hz : +5.0 dB 16000 Hz : +5.5 dB.
Let me know what you think. Also, check if you have any EQ setting already enabled on your players that may be interfering with the ASG-1.
and tinyman392 posted this one:Quote:Originally Posted by tinyman392
I forgot that on iOS 6 B2, EQu works! That said, I did play around with the EQ a bit to add a bit of sweetness to these, but also increase treble and detail. IDK what everyone else is using for EQ, but here's mine (on EQu):
Don't hate on the song :p
That show, here's the EQ settings (10 bands):
- 32 Hz : -4.0 dB
- 64 Hz : -0.6 dB
- 128 Hz: 0.0 dB (if possible, don't place a node here)
- 250 Hz: 0.0 dB
- 500 Hz: +0.1 dB
- 1 kHz : +1.5 dB
- 2 kHz : +3.0 dB (if "Shoutyness" occurs, lower to 2.5 or 2 dB or until your personal "shoutyness" "cap" is reached)
- 4 kHz : 0.0 dB
- 8 kHz : +2.0 dB
- 16 kHz: +2.0 dB
If you listen to the vocals, you'll hear what I call sweetness or energy mainly due to the bump in the 1-4 kHz region. The lowering of the sub-bass is to control it a bit and make the sound more punchy. Increase in treble is self explanatory. Now, this EQ works well for me, does add the sweetness I need, I wish it had it by default... Reason being that EQu drains my battery like you wouldn't believe :( With that said, I'm going to stop using the EQ and use something that is less processor intensive... the stock music app (which means no EQ :(). That spike is something that is needed in my book to add sweetness and shoutyness. Even if it's just a 2-2.5 dB bump.post #2560 of 36271/22/13 at 12:56pmQuote:
No worries at all
I was lucky enough to have a chance to order the AS-2's during the sale and then found out I won the ASG-2 which just makes me feel extremely lucky and grateful. I am still trying to sell some things to make up for it (AS-2) and haven't even opened the set of iem's I had to have replaced (warranty).
I keep checking my email like a crazy person hoping for a ship date but I'm really not expecting to hear anything for a few more weeks - especially with NAMM and how many orders I'm sure they received during the sale. The contest did give me a chance to pay it forward and I gave one of my sets of iem's to my nephew who's really into music. I feel like one of the best things about music is sharing it with others, right?post #2561 of 36271/22/13 at 1:00pmLucky nephew. So are you giving him the ASG-2 or another pair?
And yeah, one of the things I like about universals is sharing the sound with others. I can't do that with the ES5.post #2562 of 36271/22/13 at 1:27pmQuote:
I gave him one of my other universal pairs. In all honesty I figured there might be times when I really want/need the custom and others where I'd prefer the universal. He's not quite old enough that I'd be willing to give him something like the ASG-2 just yetpost #2563 of 36271/22/13 at 7:14pmpost #2564 of 36271/22/13 at 7:51pmpost #2565 of 36271/22/13 at 8:36pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Destop DAC/HeadAmp combo upgrade recommendations 7 minutes ago
- › Worst Concert Experience (Bizarre....Dissapointed, Etc.) 9 minutes ago
- › Positional audio for new guys. 10 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)