Interesting question and I hope it hasn't already been asked: is there anyone who had the chance to hear the AS-2 (or who has it) that has also heard the PFE 232 and could potentially give a comparison or the differences? Thank you
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAurisonicstagged by System, 6/19/12
- productAurisonics AS-1btagged by System, 6/19/12
- productAurisonics ASG-1 Generic Fit IEMtagged by System, 6/19/12
- productAurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in Polished Redtagged by Hawaiibadboy, 5/15/15
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Doubt for a warm IEM for Jazz music under 200$ Last post on 5/19/15 at 1:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best $350 or under IEM with iPhone controls and mic Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's with BEST bass response £100-£250 Last post on 7/29/12 at 5:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Search goes on: Today, the smoothest, non fatiguing in ear, little sub bass rumble, under 150 $ Last post on 7/30/12 at 8:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread - Page 149post #2221 of 383012/5/12 at 1:42pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2222 of 383012/5/12 at 2:12pmQuote:
If I get my hands on the ASG-2 I'll do a comparison. If is the key word though.post #2223 of 383012/5/12 at 2:28pmQuote:
That would be awesome. I was hoping someone might know now as I was pondering the custom AS-2 but I don't think timing will be on my side. I'm incredibly excited to upgrade my 1.2, regardless, though!post #2224 of 383012/5/12 at 4:07pm
Upgrade options for the ASG-2 posted to our facebook page. Don't forget to enter the "Get you BASS on" contest.
Edited by Aurisonics - 12/5/12 at 4:08pmpost #2225 of 383012/5/12 at 4:21pmQuote:
Those options look very promising :) I should try to enter the contest... It'd be fun ;)post #2226 of 383012/5/12 at 4:26pmQuote:
Most excellent! Since adjustable bass ports are an option, would adjustable ambient ports be available also on the ASG-2?post #2227 of 383012/5/12 at 4:33pmQuote:
Sorry not enough room in them to add the ambient port. I squeezed out some room for the bass port though.post #2228 of 383012/5/12 at 4:34pm
for the busy ones, check up the aurisonics facebook page once in a while as i find their posts concise, so you dont have to go through the clutter
edit: sorry have to check facebook for pricing
Edited by fuzzyash - 12/5/12 at 5:18pmpost #2229 of 383012/5/12 at 4:43pmpost #2230 of 383012/5/12 at 4:56pmpost #2231 of 383012/5/12 at 5:04pmQuote:
I personally hand build and tune every Signature Series unit. They use our finest drivers hand picked and matched out of hundreds tested that stand out with specs higher than the average. They will only look one way and will be packaged differently.post #2232 of 383012/5/12 at 5:11pm
No offense, but that reminds me of Apple and their 'S' devices....slightly annoying for ASG-2 upgraders like me who might feel like they are getting duped by not getting the 'finest drivers' with 'specs higher than average.' Instead we're only getting the mediocre or average quality components. Why not just make all of them like ASG-2S instead?post #2233 of 383012/5/12 at 5:11pmQuote:
Sounds like a real premium product. If I had the funds I would definitely spring for it but that's highly unlikely. I'm just hoping now for the upgrade option as I already have the ASG-1.2.post #2234 of 383012/5/12 at 5:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by anoxy
No offense, but that reminds me of Apple and their 'S' devices....slightly annoying for ASG-2 upgraders like me who might feel like they are getting duped by not getting the 'finest drivers' with 'specs higher than average.' Instead we're only getting the mediocre or average quality components. Why not just make all of them like ASG-2S instead?
None taken. If you had ever worked around speakers you would have a better sense of what this means. The average specs are within the norm which is what we want. On occasion one or two out of every hundred or so have specs above norm which are then out of spec. We then take those and pair them and they will be used in the S series. I then tune the S series. If we only made everything the S series the cost would not be very affordable. I do not call any of our components mediocre or average as they are the best we can get our hands on far far above any typical component so I really do not see how your comparison is valid in that regards.post #2235 of 383012/5/12 at 5:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Aurisonics
None taken. If you had ever worked around speakers you would have a better sense of what this means. The average specs are within the norm which is what we want. On occasion one or two out of every hundred or so have specs above norm which are then out of spec. We then take those and pair them and they will be used in the S series. I then tune the S series. If we only made everything the S series the cost would not be very affordable. I do not call any of our components mediocre or average as they are the best we can get our hands on far far above any typical component so I really do not see how your comparison is valid in that regards.
could you shed some light as how some parts would be "better"?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Welcome one and all! Please introduce yourselves! 7 seconds ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 13 seconds ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 15 seconds ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 1 minute ago
- › Theft of Orpheus at IFA 2015 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Opamp thread 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Westone Sweepstakes Presented by Sonic Electronix! 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2