Interesting question and I hope it hasn't already been asked: is there anyone who had the chance to hear the AS-2 (or who has it) that has also heard the PFE 232 and could potentially give a comparison or the differences? Thank you
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAurisonicstagged by System, 6/19/12
- productAurisonics AS-1btagged by System, 6/19/12
- productAurisonics ASG-1 Generic Fit IEMtagged by System, 6/19/12
- productAurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in Polished Redtagged by Hawaiibadboy, 5/15/15
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Doubt for a warm IEM for Jazz music under 200$ Last post on 5/19/15 at 1:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best $350 or under IEM with iPhone controls and mic Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's with BEST bass response £100-£250 Last post on 7/29/12 at 5:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Search goes on: Today, the smoothest, non fatiguing in ear, little sub bass rumble, under 150 $ Last post on 7/30/12 at 8:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread - Page 149post #2221 of 389912/5/12 at 1:42pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2222 of 389912/5/12 at 2:12pmQuote:
If I get my hands on the ASG-2 I'll do a comparison. If is the key word though.post #2223 of 389912/5/12 at 2:28pmQuote:
That would be awesome. I was hoping someone might know now as I was pondering the custom AS-2 but I don't think timing will be on my side. I'm incredibly excited to upgrade my 1.2, regardless, though!post #2224 of 389912/5/12 at 4:07pm
Upgrade options for the ASG-2 posted to our facebook page. Don't forget to enter the "Get you BASS on" contest.
Edited by Aurisonics - 12/5/12 at 4:08pmpost #2225 of 389912/5/12 at 4:21pmQuote:
Those options look very promising :) I should try to enter the contest... It'd be fun ;)post #2226 of 389912/5/12 at 4:26pmQuote:
Most excellent! Since adjustable bass ports are an option, would adjustable ambient ports be available also on the ASG-2?post #2227 of 389912/5/12 at 4:33pmQuote:
Sorry not enough room in them to add the ambient port. I squeezed out some room for the bass port though.post #2228 of 389912/5/12 at 4:34pm
for the busy ones, check up the aurisonics facebook page once in a while as i find their posts concise, so you dont have to go through the clutter
edit: sorry have to check facebook for pricing
Edited by fuzzyash - 12/5/12 at 5:18pmpost #2229 of 389912/5/12 at 4:43pmpost #2230 of 389912/5/12 at 4:56pmpost #2231 of 389912/5/12 at 5:04pmQuote:
I personally hand build and tune every Signature Series unit. They use our finest drivers hand picked and matched out of hundreds tested that stand out with specs higher than the average. They will only look one way and will be packaged differently.post #2232 of 389912/5/12 at 5:11pm
No offense, but that reminds me of Apple and their 'S' devices....slightly annoying for ASG-2 upgraders like me who might feel like they are getting duped by not getting the 'finest drivers' with 'specs higher than average.' Instead we're only getting the mediocre or average quality components. Why not just make all of them like ASG-2S instead?post #2233 of 389912/5/12 at 5:11pmQuote:
Sounds like a real premium product. If I had the funds I would definitely spring for it but that's highly unlikely. I'm just hoping now for the upgrade option as I already have the ASG-1.2.post #2234 of 389912/5/12 at 5:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by anoxy
No offense, but that reminds me of Apple and their 'S' devices....slightly annoying for ASG-2 upgraders like me who might feel like they are getting duped by not getting the 'finest drivers' with 'specs higher than average.' Instead we're only getting the mediocre or average quality components. Why not just make all of them like ASG-2S instead?
None taken. If you had ever worked around speakers you would have a better sense of what this means. The average specs are within the norm which is what we want. On occasion one or two out of every hundred or so have specs above norm which are then out of spec. We then take those and pair them and they will be used in the S series. I then tune the S series. If we only made everything the S series the cost would not be very affordable. I do not call any of our components mediocre or average as they are the best we can get our hands on far far above any typical component so I really do not see how your comparison is valid in that regards.post #2235 of 389912/5/12 at 5:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Aurisonics
None taken. If you had ever worked around speakers you would have a better sense of what this means. The average specs are within the norm which is what we want. On occasion one or two out of every hundred or so have specs above norm which are then out of spec. We then take those and pair them and they will be used in the S series. I then tune the S series. If we only made everything the S series the cost would not be very affordable. I do not call any of our components mediocre or average as they are the best we can get our hands on far far above any typical component so I really do not see how your comparison is valid in that regards.
could you shed some light as how some parts would be "better"?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Bypassing the headphone amplifier in a DAC/AMP 7 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 20 seconds ago
- › FiiO's new Q1 portable DAC-amp: Let's drink to "Happy Listening"! 52 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 56 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 2 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 5 minutes ago
- › Overly loud concerts ruining the experience? 7 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2