Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread - Page 149

post #2221 of 3628

Interesting question and I hope it hasn't already been asked:  is there anyone who had the chance to hear the AS-2 (or who has it) that has also heard the PFE 232 and could potentially give a comparison or the differences?  Thank you beerchug.gif

post #2222 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocalist View Post

Interesting question and I hope it hasn't already been asked:  is there anyone who had the chance to hear the AS-2 (or who has it) that has also heard the PFE 232 and could potentially give a comparison or the differences?  Thank you beerchug.gif

 

If I get my hands on the ASG-2 I'll do a comparison.  If is the key word though.

post #2223 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

 

If I get my hands on the ASG-2 I'll do a comparison.  If is the key word though.

That would be awesome.  I was hoping someone might know now as I was pondering the custom AS-2 but I don't think timing will be on my side.  I'm incredibly excited to upgrade my 1.2, regardless, though!

post #2224 of 3628

Upgrade options for the ASG-2 posted to our facebook page. Don't forget to enter the "Get you BASS on" contest.


Edited by Aurisonics - 12/5/12 at 4:08pm
post #2225 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurisonics View Post

Upgrade options for the ASG-2 posted to our facebook page. Don't forget to enter the "Get you BASS on" contest.

 

Those options look very promising :)  I should try to enter the contest...  It'd be fun ;)

post #2226 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurisonics View Post

Upgrade options for the ASG-2 posted to our facebook page. Don't forget to enter the "Get you BASS on" contest.

 

Most excellent!  Since adjustable bass ports are an option, would adjustable ambient ports be available also on the ASG-2?

post #2227 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinicus View Post

 

Most excellent!  Since adjustable bass ports are an option, would adjustable ambient ports be available also on the ASG-2?

Sorry not enough room in them to add the ambient port. I squeezed out some room for the bass port though.

post #2228 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by fzman View Post

sorry for not reading more carefully  - been crazy-busy at work..

for the busy ones, check up the aurisonics facebook page once in a while as i find their posts concise, so you dont have to go through the clutter

edit: sorry have to check facebook for pricing
Edited by fuzzyash - 12/5/12 at 5:18pm
post #2229 of 3628
deleted

Edited by Aurisonics - 12/5/12 at 4:45pm
post #2230 of 3628

So will the ASG-2S be an upgrade or side-grade in technical ability and sound over the ASG-2 and AS-2? What is the incentive to wait for that over the ASG-2?

post #2231 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoxy View Post

So will the ASG-2S be an upgrade or side-grade in technical ability and sound over the ASG-2 and AS-2? What is the incentive to wait for that over the ASG-2?

I personally hand build and tune every Signature Series unit. They use our finest drivers hand picked and matched out of hundreds tested that stand out with specs higher than the average. They will only look one way and will be packaged differently.

post #2232 of 3628

No offense, but that reminds me of Apple and their 'S' devices....slightly annoying for ASG-2 upgraders like me who might feel like they are getting duped by not getting the 'finest drivers' with 'specs higher than average.' Instead we're only getting the mediocre or average quality components. Why not just make all of them like ASG-2S instead?

post #2233 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurisonics View Post

I personally hand build and tune every Signature Series unit. They use our finest drivers hand picked and matched out of hundreds tested that stand out with specs higher than the average. They will only look one way and will be packaged differently.

 

Sounds like a real premium product. If I had the funds I would definitely spring for it but that's highly unlikely. I'm just hoping now for the upgrade option as I already have the ASG-1.2.

post #2234 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoxy View Post

No offense, but that reminds me of Apple and their 'S' devices....slightly annoying for ASG-2 upgraders like me who might feel like they are getting duped by not getting the 'finest drivers' with 'specs higher than average.' Instead we're only getting the mediocre or average quality components. Why not just make all of them like ASG-2S instead?

None taken. If you had ever worked around speakers you would have a better sense of what this means. The average specs are within the norm which is what we want. On occasion one or two out of every hundred or so have specs above norm which are then out of spec. We then take those and pair them and they will be used in the S series. I then tune the S series. If we only made everything the S series the cost would not be very affordable. I do not call any of our components mediocre or average as they are the best we can get our hands on far far above any typical component so I really do not see how your comparison is valid in that regards.

post #2235 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurisonics View Post

None taken. If you had ever worked around speakers you would have a better sense of what this means. The average specs are within the norm which is what we want. On occasion one or two out of every hundred or so have specs above norm which are then out of spec. We then take those and pair them and they will be used in the S series. I then tune the S series. If we only made everything the S series the cost would not be very affordable. I do not call any of our components mediocre or average as they are the best we can get our hands on far far above any typical component so I really do not see how your comparison is valid in that regards.

could you shed some light as how some parts would be "better"?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread