Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread - Page 144

post #2146 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurisonics View Post

Ok I see. No the frosted finish is the standard finish. These are all still handmade like customs. Our chrome and polishes are not plastic chrome like on mass produced units made overseas so it is more expensive to make them. They require just as much work as a custom set to do these aesthetic upgrades. The ASG-2S will be more. We are still working on the cost for those.

 

Thanks for doing this. What will be the difference between the ASG-2 and the ASG-2S? Will it offer a different sound and/or asthetic option? Also will this be available as part of the 25% off event?

post #2147 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

 

It hasn't even been released yet.

there could have been pre-release samples reviewed... just would like to know what change to expect from the asg1

post #2148 of 3628
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyostrow View Post

there could have been pre-release samples reviewed... just would like to know what change to expect from the asg1

Patience is key here.

post #2149 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurisonics View Post

The shell will have to change if you want the ASG-2. We have something special planned for those who have the ASG-1 and want to get the ASG-2 but we are still working out the details on that.

Oh bother. I just sold my asg-1 in anticipation of the sale, wasnt sure if upgrading would cost the same/more than just getting special one day price. Best of luck with the sale. Lots of excited buyers!
post #2150 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post

 

Thanks for doing this. What will be the difference between the ASG-2 and the ASG-2S? Will it offer a different sound and/or asthetic option? Also will this be available as part of the 25% off event?

We had not planned to have the ASG-2S as part of the sale as we don't have final pricing on it but will see what we can do before Friday.

post #2151 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by dflock View Post


Oh bother. I just sold my asg-1 in anticipation of the sale, wasnt sure if upgrading would cost the same/more than just getting special one day price. Best of luck with the sale. Lots of excited buyers!

For those of you that are selling your ASG-1 to make way for the ASG-2, keep them we have something special planned for you. JRkong said it correctly "patience is key here".

post #2152 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyostrow View Post

there could have been pre-release samples reviewed... just would like to know what change to expect from the asg1

Several people heard the prototype and AS-2 demo over the past six months. I can only say it just got better with some more tweaking. Given the response from those who heard the prototype and AS-2 demo set things could get interesting when the ASG-2 hits the streets.

 

Anyone who heard the prototype or AS-2 demo set care to chime in here?

post #2153 of 3628

The only possibility to pre-order a ASG-2 is via phone? Why is that? Sucks a bit for people for example from Europe...

post #2154 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiCore View Post

The only possibility to pre-order a ASG-2 is via phone? Why is that? Sucks a bit for people for example from Europe...

Good point, thanks for pointing that out. You can use email as well use the following:

 

Email orders can be placed as well with properly documented order. Please use our website to look up options (will make pricing and options available online) you would like and list in your email as well as your full name and contact information. We will then send you a PayPal invoice to pay for your order or contact you for CC info. Please email your order info to in-ear@aurisonics.com

 

We are about to announce another set of options for the ASG-2 which will be available for the pre-order.


Edited by Aurisonics - 12/4/12 at 1:43pm
post #2155 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurisonics View Post

For those of you that are selling your ASG-1 to make way for the ASG-2, keep them we have something special planned for you. JRkong said it correctly "patience is key here".

So will the upgrade go live with the one day preorder or will it go live with the official launch of the ASG-2 in January? Will units be sent direct to Aurisonics or thru the vendor we purchased them from? I ask because I noticed that springtree seems to list the ability to upgrade the 1.0 to 1.2 on their site?
post #2156 of 3628
Originally Posted by Aurisonics View Post

Several people heard the prototype and AS-2 demo over the past six months. I can only say it just got better with some more tweaking. Given the response from those who heard the prototype and AS-2 demo set things could get interesting when the ASG-2 hits the streets.

 

Anyone who heard the prototype or AS-2 demo set care to chime in here?

I've heard the prototype.. in a nutshell, the AS-2 is much more neutral than the ASG-1 (less sweet/midrange focused) as far as signature is concerned.  Treble was impeccably detailed & very natural sounding (I'm talking decay and & texturing.. treble didn't sound metallic or synthetic).. despite it coming from a pair of BAs.  Dale mentioned this as being quite important to him & I'd say he really nailed it.  The AS-2 midrange isn't as dry as the ASG-1's midrange.. but better balanced in terms of tone.  The bass was simply phenomenal.  Again, neutral.. but possessing unreal dynamics and precision.  Very effortless.  You can look at my gear (in my sig) and get a general idea of what kind of sound I like.  The AS-2 fits my sound preference to a T.

 

Talking with Dale the last couple of days.. it's definitely safe to say the AS-2 has gotten even better since I heard the prototype.


Edited by FlySweep - 12/4/12 at 12:04pm
post #2157 of 3628

I think you meant the prototype has gotten even better than the one you heard. Should be exciting to see what tweaks they could have made to an already pretty spectacular setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

I've heard the prototype.. in a nutshell, the AS-2 is much more neutral than the ASG-1 (less sweet/midrange focused) as far as signature is concerned.  Treble was impeccably detailed & very natural sounding (I'm talking decay and & texturing.. treble didn't sound metallic or synthetic).. despite it coming from a pair of BAs.  Dale mentioned this as being quite important to him & I'd say he really nailed it.  The AS-2 midrange isn't as dry as the ASG-1's midrange.. but better balanced in terms of tone.  The bass was simply phenomenal.  Again, neutral.. but possessing unreal dynamics and precision.  Very effortless.

 

Talking with Dale the last couple of days.. it's definitely safe to say the AS-2 has gotten even better since I heard the prototype.

post #2158 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post


So will the upgrade go live with the one day preorder or will it go live with the official launch of the ASG-2 in January? Will units be sent direct to Aurisonics or thru the vendor we purchased them from? I ask because I noticed that springtree seems to list the ability to upgrade the 1.0 to 1.2 on their site?

Springtree (One of our outstanding dealers) does list the ability to upgrade from 1.0 to 1.2 but all product always goes through us for upgrades.

If you have the ASG-1 and want the ASG-2 we have something quite epic for you coming so don't sell off your ASG-1 keep it and don't buy the ASG-2 on Friday. That is unless you want to have both...

post #2159 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurisonics View Post

Springtree (One of our outstanding dealers) does list the ability to upgrade from 1.0 to 1.2 but all product always goes through us for upgrades.
If you have the ASG-1 and want the ASG-2 we have something quite epic for you coming so don't sell off your ASG-1 keep it and don't buy the ASG-2 on Friday. That is unless you want to have both...

Cult of Dale redeemed. I for one, can not wait now haha
post #2160 of 3628
Thread Starter 

woops missed the past few posts


Edited by jrkong - 12/4/12 at 12:53pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread