Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread - Page 132

post #1966 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

W4R, perhaps you have missed the Heir 4.Ai wink.gif Also the ASG-2 seems likely to cause a bit of a stur wink.gif

You've heard the W4 Swim?
post #1967 of 3628

No one has one yet but i was told i while back that i would be reviewing the ASG 2!

post #1968 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

No one has one yet but i was told i while back that i would be reviewing the ASG 2!

 

I'm a little confused...  Did you just say no one has heard the W4?

post #1969 of 3628

Hey fuzzyash, don't worry about the size of the ASG-1.2. the pics look big but it really isn't that big. I was surprised by how small they were in person - and i'm not a very big person either.

 

Have gotten small-sized folks, as well as folks with small ears to try the ASG-1, all seem to enjoy the fit. Might be different over long term use though.

 

As for the ASG-2 - I can't comment on that per se, but I have tried a universal demo of the AS-2 (apparently there is a difference). If the fit of the AS-2 universal demo is anything to go by, its actually noticeably smaller. Doesn't fill up my ears as much, and I worry a bit about getting a good seal. Nonetheless, during my very brief audition session, the AS-2 universal demo unit impressed me very, very considerably. Can't wait for my AS-2 to arrive. Its been months - but I know its well worth the wait.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyash View Post

oops
here is a picture of the asg 1.2
http://i.imgur.com/BiamR.jpg
seem pretty big
im interested in what the price will be as the custom version starts at $800
$100 less for the generics like the asg 1 perhaps?
post #1970 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

 

I'm a little confused...  Did you just say no one has heard the W4?

No i was responding to the post above yours and talking about the ASG 2!


Edited by Swimsonny - 11/12/12 at 7:16am
post #1971 of 3628

I'm glad to hear about another member getting a set of AS-2's. I'm sure you'll love them as well. Post up some pictures and a review when you get them.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangcore View Post

Hey fuzzyash, don't worry about the size of the ASG-1.2. the pics look big but it really isn't that big. I was surprised by how small they were in person - and i'm not a very big person either.

 

Have gotten small-sized folks, as well as folks with small ears to try the ASG-1, all seem to enjoy the fit. Might be different over long term use though.

 

As for the ASG-2 - I can't comment on that per se, but I have tried a universal demo of the AS-2 (apparently there is a difference). If the fit of the AS-2 universal demo is anything to go by, its actually noticeably smaller. Doesn't fill up my ears as much, and I worry a bit about getting a good seal. Nonetheless, during my very brief audition session, the AS-2 universal demo unit impressed me very, very considerably. Can't wait for my AS-2 to arrive. Its been months - but I know its well worth the wait.

 

post #1972 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlooienuker View Post

Yeah I really need to try the 4Ai and the ASG 2. Its just both are out of my budget, I cant wait for reviews on the ASG 2 and if they're making a universal fit version of the ASG 2. Hopefully $100 cheaper than a custom.

the AS-2 are already out retailing for $800 and they are the custom version
the ASG-2 is not yet released but if the 4ai are out of your budget at $400, the universal version will probably be over your budget
if they are $100 below the customs, that means they'll retail for $700, almost double the 4ai
post #1973 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman345 View Post

I'm glad to hear about another member getting a set of AS-2's. I'm sure you'll love them as well. Post up some pictures and a review when you get them.

 

I also recently sent off impressions for a pair.  I requested a stealth cover (sexy finish) with a polished body (sexy electronics) and Dale's going to make it happen.  I'll try to provide some comments from a musician's perspective, especially regarding the effectiveness of the ambient ports for monitoring.

post #1974 of 3628

mmm Fiona Apple sounds wonderful on my 1.2. They don't do all vocals well, but they definitely compliment Fiona's voice.

post #1975 of 3628

IDK if anyone has mentioned this, if anyone has, I don't remember :p  Put some resistance against your ASG 1.2...  The high midrange increases a bit so does treble.  Actually, the bass tones down a bit giving way for some of the vocals to come back :) 

post #1976 of 3628

With or without EQ treble boost?

post #1977 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoxy View Post

With or without EQ treble boost?

 

I never EQ, IDK why, I just don't do it.  So without. In this case, I don't know how much resistence I gave it, I was using the little airline attenuator that came with my UE 900 (it came with a 3.5 mm > 3.5 mm adapter). 


Edited by tinyman392 - 11/15/12 at 10:52pm
post #1978 of 3628
It's 75 ohms
post #1979 of 3628

Anyone tried pairing amps with the ASG-1's? Just curious whether it scales well or not.

post #1980 of 3628
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixClaw View Post

Anyone tried pairing amps with the ASG-1's? Just curious whether it scales well or not.


Big dynamics usually do well with amps, I find the ASG-1.2 no exception with my 5.5 ipod just not quite doing the job alone.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread