- 4,266 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Doubt for a warm IEM for Jazz music under 200$ Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best $350 or under IEM with iPhone controls and mic Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's with BEST bass response £100-£250 Last post on 7/29/12 at 5:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Search goes on: Today, the smoothest, non fatiguing in ear, little sub bass rumble, under 150 $ Last post on 7/30/12 at 8:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread - Page 9post #121 of 36914/30/12 at 12:40amNah mine are staying crystal clear!
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #122 of 36914/30/12 at 1:30amQuote:
congratz on the new title bro!
And green colour blindness - sad face :(
I guess, the genes didn't pass unto the kids...which is good news :)
Out of interest, why do they turn green so fast?
Corrosion right?post #123 of 36914/30/12 at 2:13ampost #124 of 36914/30/12 at 2:27amQuote:
why aren't you worthy?
I think you are! :)
Enjoy :Dpost #125 of 36914/30/12 at 6:24amQuote:
I beleive the term is oxidation. Without getting too technical it is imiliar to corrosion or rusting, but not as serious.post #126 of 36914/30/12 at 6:30amQuote:
I'm familiar with the term.
So why is it we see oxidation in these wires, and not others? I'm curious.
I guess that's why many manufacturers have a black wirepost #127 of 36914/30/12 at 6:44am
Its either the copper or the silver they use. Most cables do it, apparently Chris_Himself Silver Ray cables don't, but most others do.
And yes, this may be the reason some manufacturers make black cables.Quote:post #128 of 36914/30/12 at 9:07amThe cables turn green because they tarnish. All cables actually tarnish, how much they tarnish is dependent on environment and material. Silver cables will tarnish blue while copper will tarnish green. This cable's tarnish is visible because the cable used has a translucent coating. Other cables don't have it visible since the cables coating is opaque.
Tarnish is normal for a cable. It'll happen with time and is not a defect.
Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this messagepost #129 of 36914/30/12 at 6:49pmI shipped mine off today. I know it says turnaround can be 3 weeks, is that what it has taken for u guys so far. And are there spme reveiws of the updated version around yet as ive only seen a couple.post #130 of 36915/1/12 at 3:26am
Actually in copper cables and silver cables, only copper cables oxidize under room temperature and turn green, and yes, that is one reason why there are black cables. Silver cables don't oxidize in room temperature, but instead they react with sulfur and form a black compound -silver sulfide, which is black. But this process is much slower. If you sweat a lot cables tarnish faster.post #131 of 36915/1/12 at 5:45ampost #132 of 36915/1/12 at 5:55amThread Starter
I remember that bang for buck was questioned back in the original thread. While I can't say the ASG-1's offer the best bang for buck, it definitely competes with those in it's price range and it's definitely not under par. Given the choice, I would probably take these over the PFE 132 in a number of areas.post #133 of 36915/1/12 at 7:27amQuote:Originally Posted by jrkong
I remember that bang for buck was questioned back in the original thread. While I can't say the ASG-1's offer the best bang for buck, it definitely competes with those in it's price range and it's definitely not under par. Given the choice, I would probably take these over the PFE 132 in a number of areas.
These smash 132s everywhere but smoothness... In my opinion.post #134 of 36915/1/12 at 7:33amThread Starter
Not really, PFE132 blows the ASG-1 treble out of the water. The PFE 132 also have a more engaging sound. Mids, soundstage and bass is taken by the ASG-1.post #135 of 36915/1/12 at 7:34amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 or M2 Wired 4 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 5 minutes ago
- › Headphone amplifier overload! 5 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 5 minutes ago
- › WTB: Wattgate 381 AG Silver duplex outlet(AUS would be great) 5 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 7 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 7 minutes ago
- › Unbalanced sound in my ears 7 minutes ago
- › The Alan Lomax recordings 9 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2