- 4,266 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Doubt for a warm IEM for Jazz music under 200$ Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best $350 or under IEM with iPhone controls and mic Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's with BEST bass response £100-£250 Last post on 7/29/12 at 5:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Search goes on: Today, the smoothest, non fatiguing in ear, little sub bass rumble, under 150 $ Last post on 7/30/12 at 8:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These earbuds were my first "serious" earbuds and they dissapointed me pretty soon. Everything was perfect until one morning I went out plugged them in and found that the cable was disconnected...
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread - Page 9post #121 of 35814/30/12 at 12:40amNah mine are staying crystal clear!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 35814/30/12 at 1:30amQuote:
congratz on the new title bro!
And green colour blindness - sad face :(
I guess, the genes didn't pass unto the kids...which is good news :)
Out of interest, why do they turn green so fast?
Corrosion right?post #123 of 35814/30/12 at 2:13ampost #124 of 35814/30/12 at 2:27amQuote:
why aren't you worthy?
I think you are! :)
Enjoy :Dpost #125 of 35814/30/12 at 6:24amQuote:
I beleive the term is oxidation. Without getting too technical it is imiliar to corrosion or rusting, but not as serious.post #126 of 35814/30/12 at 6:30amQuote:
I'm familiar with the term.
So why is it we see oxidation in these wires, and not others? I'm curious.
I guess that's why many manufacturers have a black wirepost #127 of 35814/30/12 at 6:44am
Its either the copper or the silver they use. Most cables do it, apparently Chris_Himself Silver Ray cables don't, but most others do.
And yes, this may be the reason some manufacturers make black cables.Quote:post #128 of 35814/30/12 at 9:07amThe cables turn green because they tarnish. All cables actually tarnish, how much they tarnish is dependent on environment and material. Silver cables will tarnish blue while copper will tarnish green. This cable's tarnish is visible because the cable used has a translucent coating. Other cables don't have it visible since the cables coating is opaque.
Tarnish is normal for a cable. It'll happen with time and is not a defect.
Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this messagepost #129 of 35814/30/12 at 6:49pmI shipped mine off today. I know it says turnaround can be 3 weeks, is that what it has taken for u guys so far. And are there spme reveiws of the updated version around yet as ive only seen a couple.post #130 of 35815/1/12 at 3:26am
Actually in copper cables and silver cables, only copper cables oxidize under room temperature and turn green, and yes, that is one reason why there are black cables. Silver cables don't oxidize in room temperature, but instead they react with sulfur and form a black compound -silver sulfide, which is black. But this process is much slower. If you sweat a lot cables tarnish faster.post #131 of 35815/1/12 at 5:45ampost #132 of 35815/1/12 at 5:55amThread Starter
I remember that bang for buck was questioned back in the original thread. While I can't say the ASG-1's offer the best bang for buck, it definitely competes with those in it's price range and it's definitely not under par. Given the choice, I would probably take these over the PFE 132 in a number of areas.post #133 of 35815/1/12 at 7:27amQuote:Originally Posted by jrkong
I remember that bang for buck was questioned back in the original thread. While I can't say the ASG-1's offer the best bang for buck, it definitely competes with those in it's price range and it's definitely not under par. Given the choice, I would probably take these over the PFE 132 in a number of areas.
These smash 132s everywhere but smoothness... In my opinion.post #134 of 35815/1/12 at 7:33amThread Starter
Not really, PFE132 blows the ASG-1 treble out of the water. The PFE 132 also have a more engaging sound. Mids, soundstage and bass is taken by the ASG-1.post #135 of 35815/1/12 at 7:34amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 22 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 27 seconds ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 50 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX50 + Rockbox finally here (Latest Update: 2014-03-25) 1 minute ago
- › Quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever read... 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Roll Call for Team AKG 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob