- 4,266 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Doubt for a warm IEM for Jazz music under 200$ Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best $350 or under IEM with iPhone controls and mic Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's with BEST bass response £100-£250 Last post on 7/29/12 at 5:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Search goes on: Today, the smoothest, non fatiguing in ear, little sub bass rumble, under 150 $ Last post on 7/30/12 at 8:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread - Page 9post #121 of 35604/30/12 at 12:40amNah mine are staying crystal clear!
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #122 of 35604/30/12 at 1:30amQuote:
congratz on the new title bro!
And green colour blindness - sad face :(
I guess, the genes didn't pass unto the kids...which is good news :)
Out of interest, why do they turn green so fast?
Corrosion right?post #123 of 35604/30/12 at 2:13ampost #124 of 35604/30/12 at 2:27amQuote:
why aren't you worthy?
I think you are! :)
Enjoy :Dpost #125 of 35604/30/12 at 6:24amQuote:
I beleive the term is oxidation. Without getting too technical it is imiliar to corrosion or rusting, but not as serious.post #126 of 35604/30/12 at 6:30amQuote:
I'm familiar with the term.
So why is it we see oxidation in these wires, and not others? I'm curious.
I guess that's why many manufacturers have a black wirepost #127 of 35604/30/12 at 6:44am
Its either the copper or the silver they use. Most cables do it, apparently Chris_Himself Silver Ray cables don't, but most others do.
And yes, this may be the reason some manufacturers make black cables.Quote:post #128 of 35604/30/12 at 9:07amThe cables turn green because they tarnish. All cables actually tarnish, how much they tarnish is dependent on environment and material. Silver cables will tarnish blue while copper will tarnish green. This cable's tarnish is visible because the cable used has a translucent coating. Other cables don't have it visible since the cables coating is opaque.
Tarnish is normal for a cable. It'll happen with time and is not a defect.
Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this messagepost #129 of 35604/30/12 at 6:49pmI shipped mine off today. I know it says turnaround can be 3 weeks, is that what it has taken for u guys so far. And are there spme reveiws of the updated version around yet as ive only seen a couple.post #130 of 35605/1/12 at 3:26am
Actually in copper cables and silver cables, only copper cables oxidize under room temperature and turn green, and yes, that is one reason why there are black cables. Silver cables don't oxidize in room temperature, but instead they react with sulfur and form a black compound -silver sulfide, which is black. But this process is much slower. If you sweat a lot cables tarnish faster.post #131 of 35605/1/12 at 5:45ampost #132 of 35605/1/12 at 5:55amThread Starter
I remember that bang for buck was questioned back in the original thread. While I can't say the ASG-1's offer the best bang for buck, it definitely competes with those in it's price range and it's definitely not under par. Given the choice, I would probably take these over the PFE 132 in a number of areas.post #133 of 35605/1/12 at 7:27amQuote:Originally Posted by jrkong
I remember that bang for buck was questioned back in the original thread. While I can't say the ASG-1's offer the best bang for buck, it definitely competes with those in it's price range and it's definitely not under par. Given the choice, I would probably take these over the PFE 132 in a number of areas.
These smash 132s everywhere but smoothness... In my opinion.post #134 of 35605/1/12 at 7:33amThread Starter
Not really, PFE132 blows the ASG-1 treble out of the water. The PFE 132 also have a more engaging sound. Mids, soundstage and bass is taken by the ASG-1.post #135 of 35605/1/12 at 7:34amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 31 seconds ago
- › Over-ear, inexpensive headphone recs for jammin' (electronic, prog,... 1 minute ago
- › Meier Audio Daccord 1 minute ago
- › Looking for IEM Advice - Analytical & Detailed & New 2 minutes ago
- › Trying to narrow X-Mas list (DT880 vs. HE400 vs. HD650) 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 4 minutes ago
- › Vienna/Austria Meet? 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 4 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi