- 4,110 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: Colchester, Essex, UK
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Doubt for a warm IEM for Jazz music under 200$ Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best $350 or under IEM with iPhone controls and mic Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's with BEST bass response £100-£250 Last post on 7/29/12 at 5:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Search goes on: Today, the smoothest, non fatiguing in ear, little sub bass rumble, under 150 $ Last post on 7/30/12 at 8:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationEdited on 5/7/10
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread - Page 8post #106 of 34314/26/12 at 6:07amYeh , he'll save on what's ridiculous fees and you'll get them cheaper! Win Win! Or for the trust thing you can always ask him to stick em on here and then go through here and PayPal
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #107 of 34314/26/12 at 6:13amQuote:
you have no security going via head-fi...
so communication through email would be the same thing...
paypal goods payment will end up i think at around £120-125 (buyer is still protected) and seller doesn't have to pay ebay nor paypal 10%
Anyway...let's not go off-topic now shall we sonny...before I GET TOLD OFF AGAIN...post #108 of 34314/26/12 at 6:22amAhaha but surely were DISCUSSING the purchase of a on topic EARPHONE. Yeh but I've seen people try and scam people on here and they've been helped to be resolved! That's all.
Haven't had enough time for my aurisonics at the moment which is a shame. In school with my able planets (bass monsters) today so I have to wait a bit before the beauty of my ASG-1s!post #109 of 34314/26/12 at 6:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Swimsonny
Ahaha but surely were DISCUSSING the purchase of a on topic EARPHONE. Yeh but I've seen people try and scam people on here and they've been helped to be resolved! That's all.
Haven't had enough time for my aurisonics at the moment which is a shame. In school with my able planets (bass monsters) today so I have to wait a bit before the beauty of my ASG-1s!
And I thought discussing how they got stolen was on-topic too...some have other ideas instead
Back on topic:
You going to replace yours with the 1.2? I can't remember if u already have the 1.2 or notpost #110 of 34314/26/12 at 6:52ampost #111 of 34314/26/12 at 6:54amQuote:
hmm fair enough!post #112 of 34314/26/12 at 7:07am
first my left side had problems with seal. now it's my right one. seems like the canal is severely rotated and as such i have to place my right side in a weird way to achieve a full seal. :( another refit for my right one.
initial impressions. so far the 1 song that strike me the most is Chris Botti's Ave Maria LIve in Boston. in the original version the trumpet shrill was so shrieking that sometimes i had to turn down the volume quite abit to prevent ringing in my ears. but with the filtered version i don't experience this and can enjoy the music like as though i'm watching it live. caught him live while he was in singapore in nov/dec for a performance.
another song would be solu music's fade. this song pretty much highlights the as-1b bass capabilities. the bass notes is full of energy and hits hard with oomph. unlike the ie8 where quantity is all over, the as-1b has quantity but with quality. quality in the energy of the bass notes and the oomph of it.
as for vocals there's this particular song which is really hard to find anywhere by elisa calmo mira, stay with me till dawn. i believe it's from hed kandi nu kool 2. really old song that can't be found anywhere. those interested to hear it pm me for it. ;) the original as-1b make her vocals rather shouty as most described here. but for the filtered version, the vocals feel laid back as how the song type should be.
all i can say is. the filtered version of the as-1b is the best ever!!! even better than me ie8, atrio, tf10 and hd25. take note i opened the ambient ports fully & turned the bass knob half way.post #113 of 34314/26/12 at 7:17amSounds great but shame about the need of a refit. How does the ambient ports effect the sound? More airy?
Bass sounds awesome as well and is how I here the asgs bass but with out the quantity near an IE8!post #114 of 34314/26/12 at 7:20amQuote:
Yea, a shame about a refit, Really hoping mine arent going to need that, would be horrible if I had to start the wait all over again. Though not as bad as finals week at college would keep my mind busy for at least some of that time.post #115 of 34314/26/12 at 9:05am
yeah sadly the fit just isn't there for my right side. have to put it in a really weird position in order to achieve a seal :( i might just be Dale's most troublesome customer for having so much problems. tho i still have to say a big thank you to Dale for having served me with impeccable services.post #116 of 34314/26/12 at 10:20amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by zenor87
yeah sadly the fit just isn't there for my right side. have to put it in a really weird position in order to achieve a seal :( i might just be Dale's most troublesome customer for having so much problems. tho i still have to say a big thank you to Dale for having served me with impeccable services.
The seal would be a whole lot better the ear canal extended a bit more into the ear. For me, the ASG-1's go in at an angle (so instead of being like: || it's like: /| to get a good seal)post #117 of 34314/27/12 at 8:01pmFor those wondering about the revision of 2nd hand asg1s i received email ttoday stati g he will honor them. I did tell him i got them in trade and have the rwciwpt from original owner. So i will be sending mine in monday (good thing my atrio mg7 arrived today and sennheiser addidas 25s tommarrow so i will be ok for few weeks. Originally planned on using atrios just whole asg being revised but after 1at listen i may be keeping them as that bass is no joke. I read reviews but had to hear for myself. Now to find used digizoid although cowon j3 and mach3 was damn good.post #118 of 34314/29/12 at 10:30pmpost #119 of 34314/29/12 at 11:27pm
For the past couple weeks :p I made a post about it in the old thread (calling them battle scars too :p). Some people thought it was a defect when I said it, so I had to explain that it wasn't :pReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“Good bass, sound stage, durable, 3 year warranty, lots of accessories, easy identification of R and L channel, tangle-free cord, isolation.”“Sound quality & 'all around' sound signature.”
- Pros:“Fantastic bass in every meaning of the word; mids are still forward and not killed by the bass; build quality is A++; fit for me was great”“very airy sound, isolation, decent bass,portability, design, built quality”
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Stax thread (New) 7 seconds ago
- › Affordable tube amplifier 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › Does it get much better than the HD800? 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 2 minutes ago
- › Project Sunrise/PS2 Tube Rolling Thread (and maybe even Project... 2 minutes ago
- › Who has an end game setup? 3 minutes ago
- › Equaliser (EQ) knowledge 3 minutes ago
- › TDK BA200 - Impressions and Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread 6 minutes ago
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe