- 4,266 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Doubt for a warm IEM for Jazz music under 200$ Last post on 9/11/12 at 8:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi-end universal IEMs from Triple.Fis Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best $350 or under IEM with iPhone controls and mic Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's with BEST bass response £100-£250 Last post on 7/29/12 at 5:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Search goes on: Today, the smoothest, non fatiguing in ear, little sub bass rumble, under 150 $ Last post on 7/30/12 at 8:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread - Page 8post #106 of 36284/26/12 at 6:07amYeh , he'll save on what's ridiculous fees and you'll get them cheaper! Win Win! Or for the trust thing you can always ask him to stick em on here and then go through here and PayPal
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 36284/26/12 at 6:13amQuote:
you have no security going via head-fi...
so communication through email would be the same thing...
paypal goods payment will end up i think at around £120-125 (buyer is still protected) and seller doesn't have to pay ebay nor paypal 10%
Anyway...let's not go off-topic now shall we sonny...before I GET TOLD OFF AGAIN...post #108 of 36284/26/12 at 6:22amAhaha but surely were DISCUSSING the purchase of a on topic EARPHONE. Yeh but I've seen people try and scam people on here and they've been helped to be resolved! That's all.
Haven't had enough time for my aurisonics at the moment which is a shame. In school with my able planets (bass monsters) today so I have to wait a bit before the beauty of my ASG-1s!post #109 of 36284/26/12 at 6:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Swimsonny
Ahaha but surely were DISCUSSING the purchase of a on topic EARPHONE. Yeh but I've seen people try and scam people on here and they've been helped to be resolved! That's all.
Haven't had enough time for my aurisonics at the moment which is a shame. In school with my able planets (bass monsters) today so I have to wait a bit before the beauty of my ASG-1s!
And I thought discussing how they got stolen was on-topic too...some have other ideas instead
Back on topic:
You going to replace yours with the 1.2? I can't remember if u already have the 1.2 or notpost #110 of 36284/26/12 at 6:52amNah I'm more than happy with them how they are. I'd be curious of the sound difference but I wouldn't be able to live without them that long.post #111 of 36284/26/12 at 6:54amQuote:
hmm fair enough!post #112 of 36284/26/12 at 7:07am
first my left side had problems with seal. now it's my right one. seems like the canal is severely rotated and as such i have to place my right side in a weird way to achieve a full seal. :( another refit for my right one.
initial impressions. so far the 1 song that strike me the most is Chris Botti's Ave Maria LIve in Boston. in the original version the trumpet shrill was so shrieking that sometimes i had to turn down the volume quite abit to prevent ringing in my ears. but with the filtered version i don't experience this and can enjoy the music like as though i'm watching it live. caught him live while he was in singapore in nov/dec for a performance.
another song would be solu music's fade. this song pretty much highlights the as-1b bass capabilities. the bass notes is full of energy and hits hard with oomph. unlike the ie8 where quantity is all over, the as-1b has quantity but with quality. quality in the energy of the bass notes and the oomph of it.
as for vocals there's this particular song which is really hard to find anywhere by elisa calmo mira, stay with me till dawn. i believe it's from hed kandi nu kool 2. really old song that can't be found anywhere. those interested to hear it pm me for it. ;) the original as-1b make her vocals rather shouty as most described here. but for the filtered version, the vocals feel laid back as how the song type should be.
all i can say is. the filtered version of the as-1b is the best ever!!! even better than me ie8, atrio, tf10 and hd25. take note i opened the ambient ports fully & turned the bass knob half way.post #113 of 36284/26/12 at 7:17amSounds great but shame about the need of a refit. How does the ambient ports effect the sound? More airy?
Bass sounds awesome as well and is how I here the asgs bass but with out the quantity near an IE8!post #114 of 36284/26/12 at 7:20amQuote:
Yea, a shame about a refit, Really hoping mine arent going to need that, would be horrible if I had to start the wait all over again. Though not as bad as finals week at college would keep my mind busy for at least some of that time.post #115 of 36284/26/12 at 9:05am
yeah sadly the fit just isn't there for my right side. have to put it in a really weird position in order to achieve a seal :( i might just be Dale's most troublesome customer for having so much problems. tho i still have to say a big thank you to Dale for having served me with impeccable services.post #116 of 36284/26/12 at 10:20amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by zenor87
yeah sadly the fit just isn't there for my right side. have to put it in a really weird position in order to achieve a seal :( i might just be Dale's most troublesome customer for having so much problems. tho i still have to say a big thank you to Dale for having served me with impeccable services.
The seal would be a whole lot better the ear canal extended a bit more into the ear. For me, the ASG-1's go in at an angle (so instead of being like: || it's like: /| to get a good seal)post #117 of 36284/27/12 at 8:01pmFor those wondering about the revision of 2nd hand asg1s i received email ttoday stati g he will honor them. I did tell him i got them in trade and have the rwciwpt from original owner. So i will be sending mine in monday (good thing my atrio mg7 arrived today and sennheiser addidas 25s tommarrow so i will be ok for few weeks. Originally planned on using atrios just whole asg being revised but after 1at listen i may be keeping them as that bass is no joke. I read reviews but had to hear for myself. Now to find used digizoid although cowon j3 and mach3 was damn good.post #118 of 36284/29/12 at 10:30pmpost #119 of 36284/29/12 at 11:27pm
For the past couple weeks :p I made a post about it in the old thread (calling them battle scars too :p). Some people thought it was a defect when I said it, so I had to explain that it wasn't :pReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sony XB500 Headphones 27 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 1 minute ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 1 minute ago
- › 100.00 budget 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 5 minutes ago
- › Parasound or Emotiva w/ KEF LS50 6 minutes ago
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)