New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SE215 vs TDK BA200

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 

The Shures I can get for SGD180, the TDKs SGD160 on promotion.

 

I listen to mainly rock, some pop and other genres as well, a little bossonova, no classical.

 

I really LOVE the look of the clear Shures as well as the bass, but am not digging the long cable, as well as the issues some users have with the connection between the cable and housing.

 

The TDKs are lesser known, but the little sources where I've seen things written about them are almost all good, plus there's a promotion for them going on at the moment.

 

As I point of reference, I currently use ATH-50s and love how they sound, although I wouldn't mind trying something different.

 

Going to run them unamped out of my 3rd gen Ipod Touch, mainly on the go and commuting.

 

Which would you suggest for me, and why?

post #2 of 13

The BA200s are brilliant for that price.

Their Sound-signature is perfect in my opinion; it sounded great with any genre I had tested with it.

post #3 of 13

BA200 hands down, they are quite similar to the M50 but more neutral and darker without the harsh treble (more towards the M50LE sound). And since you live in Singapore and the place you're most going to buy at is at Stereo Electronics, why not go down and try the two and see which one you like more?

post #4 of 13
Thread Starter 

After some auditioning, went for the TDKs.

 

Was pretty impressed by the Shures at first, but the clarity just paled in comparison to the TDKs.

 

Was a no-brainer for me once I tried them out.

post #5 of 13

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emospence View Post

After some auditioning, went for the TDKs.

 

Was pretty impressed by the Shures at first, but the clarity just paled in comparison to the TDKs.

 

Was a no-brainer for me once I tried them out.

 

Great decision!

Hope you'll enjoy them a lot!

post #6 of 13

great choice.

post #7 of 13
Thread Starter 

The sound I'm getting from the stock bi-flanges is amazing.

 

However, it does get a little uncomfortable after a while, and I sometimes lose the seal while walking about.

 

Any of you guys can recommend any other tips for a similar sound?

post #8 of 13

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emospence View Post

The sound I'm getting from the stock bi-flanges is amazing.

 

However, it does get a little uncomfortable after a while, and I sometimes lose the seal while walking about.

 

Any of you guys can recommend any other tips for a similar sound?

 

Shure gray flex, hands down. No way I can live without them on my BA200 ;) 

post #9 of 13

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emospence View Post

The sound I'm getting from the stock bi-flanges is amazing.

 

However, it does get a little uncomfortable after a while, and I sometimes lose the seal while walking about.

 

Any of you guys can recommend any other tips for a similar sound?

 

Earsonics Double-Flanged gray tips are great, one of my favorite sets of tips.

post #10 of 13
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremypsp View Post

 

 

Shure gray flex, hands down. No way I can live without them on my BA200 ;) 

 

They fit the BA200s? The opening seems too tiny for the nozzle!

 

What about the black shure silicones?

post #11 of 13

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emospence View Post

 

 

They fit the BA200s? The opening seems too tiny for the nozzle!

 

What about the black shure silicones?

 

That's... right! They do fit. I'm not sure about the black shure silicons, I did see them before, looked kinda different, but never tried them. The BA200's nozzle is just as thick as Shure and Westone's nozzle, they fit :) 

post #12 of 13
I know this is an old thread, but I am looking at these two IEMs. Can anyone comment on the bass between them. I listen to r&b and hip hop mostly ( but do listen to a lot od other music too) but don't need a crazy bassy headphone I'd prefer clean rich mids to hear the lyrics and the vocals....BUT if I can get that and some good sub-bass (assuming sub-bass is the correct term for the deep rumble bass you feel vs punchy snare drum type bass) then that would be the ideal situation for me.

Any info or advice is appreciated.
post #13 of 13
How about Shure SE215 SPE vs TDK BA200?

Who wins the:

Sub-bass,
Bass,
Mids, and
Highs?

Include the soundstage and isolation too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: