im looking for a new phone and i want to give the new windows phones a try, i already like the UI and stuff, just wondering if anyone has any info on the sound quality. i will be using head direct re0
Related Forum Threads
- best smart phone for music (no apple) Last post on 4/17/13 at 1:31pm in Portable Source Gear
- iPhone 4 versus 4S - which has better SQ Last post on 1/15/13 at 7:12am in Portable Source Gear
- Help pleas choosing earbuds + Smartphone .. Last post on 8/10/12 at 11:52am in Portable Source Gear
- iPod 5th or iPhone 4S + E11 for HD25-1 ii Last post on 6/18/12 at 8:57am in Portable Source Gear
- smartphone for music quality Last post on 10/26/12 at 3:29pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Edited on 12/28/12
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Nokai Lumia 900
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
My recommendation is to give it a test, and return it if you don't like it. Me, I'm keeping mine. And I'm coming off of a Motorola Atrix 4G and an iPhone 4 before that.
My iPhone 4 had excellent SQ, but it was the small screen that killed it for me. I did love how it sounded though,...
Some higher quality tracks I synced from Itunes. The sound was better on highs and mids than before, still weak on bass. i was listening to rdio before so that may be the problem. The sound reminds me of the Zune HD. I was using ety hf5. On my Sony players I run clear bass +1, lowest band +1, the rest flat.
And I get a sound I am very happy with, the Nokia in comparison has no bottom at all. An EQ would help much.
I have the Lumia 800, which I assume the 900 shares audio components with considering virtually everything else in the internals is the same. I'm in agreement with Dobber, audio quality is pretty average. I was only a fledgling audio enthusiast back when I bought it 6 months ago, but even then I was able to recognise a significant step down from my iPhone 4. From what I can remember it seemed a lot flatter, I never thought of the iPhone this way but listening to the Lumia 800 for the first time made the iPhone seem warm in comparison. The low end is particularly lacking, even for listening to the likes of acoustic music. It just feels a bit lifeless. The lack of EQ in any capacity didn't help much either. I'm getting a couple of amps over the coming weeks, so it will be interesting to see how it performs then. Or better yet, hopefully Nokia will find a way to bring over the digital-out functionality from the N8!
Not heard the 900 yet, but I have yet to hear a better stock phone than a N8, add on the OTG usb DAC feature and
it wins by a few furlongs
i am really enjoying the phone as well. I'm coming from an iphone 3gs and getting an immediate response to user inputs is definitely much better with the nokia.
Sound quality with warmer sounding cans(portapro, AKG K518) is acceptable.
If you own this phone get these hp's,...you'll be glad you did.
Those Incase Sonic's look pretty nice. I'm looking at getting a 900, but I'm wondering how the TMA-1's sound with it.. Both items are matte black and very minimal in their appearance. I hope they'd be a good pairing sound wise too.
I hope the popularity of this phone leads to more compatible headphones and accessories. I e-mailed Nokia and the only headphones that can control the volume and whatnot are the Monster Purity headphones. I also asked about doing audio out of the USB and they said no go. Coming from my iPhone 4 I'd love to be able to run a line out to my car stereo. I'd also love more headphones with a built in mic and controls. I plugged in my Klipsch Image Ones and the phone recognizes something with the controls. Maybe there are other headphones that would work? I'm hoping the Fidelio L1 but I think that's a stretch.
- Nokai Lumia 900
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Whiplash Audio 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 3 minutes ago
- › Norse Audio: Feedback & Impression Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - No affiliate links... 3 minutes ago
- › FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FS: HiFiMan HE-300 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › Heir Audio - The Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X3 Thread. Full review:... 7 minutes ago
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe