im looking for a new phone and i want to give the new windows phones a try, i already like the UI and stuff, just wondering if anyone has any info on the sound quality. i will be using head direct re0
- productApple iPhone 4 white 16GBtagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productNokia Lumia 900 4G Windows Phone, Black (AT&T)tagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productSamsung Galaxy S II HDtagged by System, 6/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- best smart phone for music (no apple) Last post on 4/17/13 at 1:31pm in Portable Source Gear
- iPhone 4 versus 4S - which has better SQ Last post on 1/15/13 at 7:12am in Portable Source Gear
- Help pleas choosing earbuds + Smartphone .. Last post on 8/10/12 at 11:52am in Portable Source Gear
- iPod 5th or iPhone 4S + E11 for HD25-1 ii Last post on 6/18/12 at 8:57am in Portable Source Gear
- smartphone for music quality Last post on 10/26/12 at 3:29pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
Nokai Lumia 900
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
My recommendation is to give it a test, and return it if you don't like it. Me, I'm keeping mine. And I'm coming off of a Motorola Atrix 4G and an iPhone 4 before that.
My iPhone 4 had excellent SQ, but it was the small screen that killed it for me. I did love how it sounded though,...
Some higher quality tracks I synced from Itunes. The sound was better on highs and mids than before, still weak on bass. i was listening to rdio before so that may be the problem. The sound reminds me of the Zune HD. I was using ety hf5. On my Sony players I run clear bass +1, lowest band +1, the rest flat.
And I get a sound I am very happy with, the Nokia in comparison has no bottom at all. An EQ would help much.
I have the Lumia 800, which I assume the 900 shares audio components with considering virtually everything else in the internals is the same. I'm in agreement with Dobber, audio quality is pretty average. I was only a fledgling audio enthusiast back when I bought it 6 months ago, but even then I was able to recognise a significant step down from my iPhone 4. From what I can remember it seemed a lot flatter, I never thought of the iPhone this way but listening to the Lumia 800 for the first time made the iPhone seem warm in comparison. The low end is particularly lacking, even for listening to the likes of acoustic music. It just feels a bit lifeless. The lack of EQ in any capacity didn't help much either. I'm getting a couple of amps over the coming weeks, so it will be interesting to see how it performs then. Or better yet, hopefully Nokia will find a way to bring over the digital-out functionality from the N8!
Not heard the 900 yet, but I have yet to hear a better stock phone than a N8, add on the OTG usb DAC feature and
it wins by a few furlongs
i am really enjoying the phone as well. I'm coming from an iphone 3gs and getting an immediate response to user inputs is definitely much better with the nokia.
Sound quality with warmer sounding cans(portapro, AKG K518) is acceptable.
If you own this phone get these hp's,...you'll be glad you did.
Those Incase Sonic's look pretty nice. I'm looking at getting a 900, but I'm wondering how the TMA-1's sound with it.. Both items are matte black and very minimal in their appearance. I hope they'd be a good pairing sound wise too.
I hope the popularity of this phone leads to more compatible headphones and accessories. I e-mailed Nokia and the only headphones that can control the volume and whatnot are the Monster Purity headphones. I also asked about doing audio out of the USB and they said no go. Coming from my iPhone 4 I'd love to be able to run a line out to my car stereo. I'd also love more headphones with a built in mic and controls. I plugged in my Klipsch Image Ones and the phone recognizes something with the controls. Maybe there are other headphones that would work? I'm hoping the Fidelio L1 but I think that's a stretch.
- Nokai Lumia 900
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 22 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 23 seconds ago
- › December 2013 Mid-Level DAC Comparison 1 minute ago
- › V-Moda M-100s (Shadow) with XL Pads 1 minute ago
- › Best music while stoned? 1 minute ago
- › [Interest Check] Official Vienna Meet 1 minute ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 2 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 3 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe