I think it would be a good idea to keep the IE800 related talk in one thread. This thread hasn't been updated in a long time.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser IE800tagged by nightmancometh, 8/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best UIEM to run with Last post on Today at 2:26 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears' New Way Of Making Custom In-Ear Monitors - Head-Fi TV Last post on 9/18/14 at 4:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Sennheiser IE 800 earphones Last post on 9/12/14 at 6:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE-800 Last post on 8/8/14 at 12:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Best IEM available? Last post on 8/3/14 at 3:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
Sennheiser IE800 Thread - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i purchased a pair of ie 800 . the sound is so revealing, BUT i had previously owned shure 355 with acs custom moulds. and i could not make them stop in my ears ( i lost 1 ear mould which cost me £40 to replace so when i lost another i sold them) i have a pair of klipsch 10xi and they are an excellent fit .
the sennheiser ie 800 took some fitting correctly, i have had to fit them what i believe is the wrong way, with the cable at about 9 o,clock forward from my ears so what i would like sennheiser to do is fit longer cable to the yoke so that the cable can be run up over the top of the ear then down behind
i have used them with a colorfly and a cowon a3 , and in my cd player ( a modified marantz with 24/96 dac and valve output stage
first impressions is the sound stage which now come from the front of my head and no between the ears, and i am hearing things that i have not heard before, the attack,rise sustain, decay is better, which leads to better timing of the music. drawbacks COST Y cable to short and auditioning , i went to Audio Affair in birmingham , the guys in there where helpful and there was no problem with an audition
if you are a real hifi nut (i am) the cost does not matter
I tested this in a store called Stereo in Singapore. http://www.stereo.com.sg/store/ This is probably the best sounding Earphones I ever listened to. The bass and soundstage can match most mid range Audio Technica, AKG & Beyer and this is straight out of my iPhone. The cable has some serious premium quality to it, I wish more manufacturers would do the same with their high end models. But for that kind of price I rather get a Denon 5000 or save a few months salary & get the incredible Beyerdynamic T1 which is jaw-droppingly euphoric.
- Sennheiser IE800 Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Sennheiser Momentum In ear 11 seconds ago
- › Metro Detroit 2014 Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Fiio X1 VS Colorfly C3? 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Help***Leaving Sales FeedBack 2 minutes ago
- › Best all-rounder ($250) 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › **Schiit Mjolnir: minty** 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)