I think it would be a good idea to keep the IE800 related talk in one thread. This thread hasn't been updated in a long time.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser IE800tagged by nightmancometh, 8/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question Sennheiser IE 800 and Sony NW-ZX2 Last post on 4/11/16 at 2:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 7/13/16 at 7:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Difficult To Only Have 1 IEM That (Does it all!) Last post on 12/8/15 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beware of Sennheiser IE 800 fakes/counterfeits, question for owners Last post on 1/26/16 at 11:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for the most comfortable, best sounding IEM without an amp Last post on 11/28/16 at 12:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Sennheiser IE800 Thread - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i purchased a pair of ie 800 . the sound is so revealing, BUT i had previously owned shure 355 with acs custom moulds. and i could not make them stop in my ears ( i lost 1 ear mould which cost me £40 to replace so when i lost another i sold them) i have a pair of klipsch 10xi and they are an excellent fit .
the sennheiser ie 800 took some fitting correctly, i have had to fit them what i believe is the wrong way, with the cable at about 9 o,clock forward from my ears so what i would like sennheiser to do is fit longer cable to the yoke so that the cable can be run up over the top of the ear then down behind
i have used them with a colorfly and a cowon a3 , and in my cd player ( a modified marantz with 24/96 dac and valve output stage
first impressions is the sound stage which now come from the front of my head and no between the ears, and i am hearing things that i have not heard before, the attack,rise sustain, decay is better, which leads to better timing of the music. drawbacks COST Y cable to short and auditioning , i went to Audio Affair in birmingham , the guys in there where helpful and there was no problem with an audition
if you are a real hifi nut (i am) the cost does not matter
I tested this in a store called Stereo in Singapore. http://www.stereo.com.sg/store/ This is probably the best sounding Earphones I ever listened to. The bass and soundstage can match most mid range Audio Technica, AKG & Beyer and this is straight out of my iPhone. The cable has some serious premium quality to it, I wish more manufacturers would do the same with their high end models. But for that kind of price I rather get a Denon 5000 or save a few months salary & get the incredible Beyerdynamic T1 which is jaw-droppingly euphoric.
- Sennheiser IE800 Thread
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 32 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone 54 seconds ago
- › Sony XBA-N3AP and XBA-N1AP — Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio D3 192kHz/24bit Optical and Coaxial DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Discussion Thread: CampFred Earbuds, QFred... 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Announces New Quad Driver IEM @ CES 2017 4 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 5 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 5 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear