I think it would be a good idea to keep the IE800 related talk in one thread. This thread hasn't been updated in a long time.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser IE800tagged by nightmancometh, 8/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- IE-800 Last post on 8/8/14 at 12:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- shure se 846 is there any warmer iem than it Last post on 7/11/14 at 6:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best amp for ie800, budget £200 Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:47am in Portable Headphone Amps
- F.S. Sennheiser IE800 (price drop) + free shipping Last post on 6/30/14 at 12:18pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Custom - Help to find the WOW sound again Last post on 7/15/14 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Sennheiser IE800 Thread - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i purchased a pair of ie 800 . the sound is so revealing, BUT i had previously owned shure 355 with acs custom moulds. and i could not make them stop in my ears ( i lost 1 ear mould which cost me £40 to replace so when i lost another i sold them) i have a pair of klipsch 10xi and they are an excellent fit .
the sennheiser ie 800 took some fitting correctly, i have had to fit them what i believe is the wrong way, with the cable at about 9 o,clock forward from my ears so what i would like sennheiser to do is fit longer cable to the yoke so that the cable can be run up over the top of the ear then down behind
i have used them with a colorfly and a cowon a3 , and in my cd player ( a modified marantz with 24/96 dac and valve output stage
first impressions is the sound stage which now come from the front of my head and no between the ears, and i am hearing things that i have not heard before, the attack,rise sustain, decay is better, which leads to better timing of the music. drawbacks COST Y cable to short and auditioning , i went to Audio Affair in birmingham , the guys in there where helpful and there was no problem with an audition
if you are a real hifi nut (i am) the cost does not matter
I tested this in a store called Stereo in Singapore. http://www.stereo.com.sg/store/ This is probably the best sounding Earphones I ever listened to. The bass and soundstage can match most mid range Audio Technica, AKG & Beyer and this is straight out of my iPhone. The cable has some serious premium quality to it, I wish more manufacturers would do the same with their high end models. But for that kind of price I rather get a Denon 5000 or save a few months salary & get the incredible Beyerdynamic T1 which is jaw-droppingly euphoric.
- Sennheiser IE800 Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Cowon Plenue P1 6 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 18 seconds ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 42 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Would a portable tube amp pair better with high impedance... 1 minute ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Open vs Closed: A Review and Comparison of the AKG K712 Pro and the... 2 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)