I think it would be a good idea to keep the IE800 related talk in one thread. This thread hasn't been updated in a long time.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser IE800tagged by nightmancometh, 8/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- Question Sennheiser IE 800 and Sony NW-ZX2 Last post on 4/11/16 at 2:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 7/13/16 at 7:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Difficult To Only Have 1 IEM That (Does it all!) Last post on 12/8/15 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beware of Sennheiser IE 800 fakes/counterfeits, question for owners Last post on 1/26/16 at 11:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for the most comfortable, best sounding IEM without an amp Last post on 11/28/16 at 12:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
Sennheiser IE800 Thread - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i purchased a pair of ie 800 . the sound is so revealing, BUT i had previously owned shure 355 with acs custom moulds. and i could not make them stop in my ears ( i lost 1 ear mould which cost me £40 to replace so when i lost another i sold them) i have a pair of klipsch 10xi and they are an excellent fit .
the sennheiser ie 800 took some fitting correctly, i have had to fit them what i believe is the wrong way, with the cable at about 9 o,clock forward from my ears so what i would like sennheiser to do is fit longer cable to the yoke so that the cable can be run up over the top of the ear then down behind
i have used them with a colorfly and a cowon a3 , and in my cd player ( a modified marantz with 24/96 dac and valve output stage
first impressions is the sound stage which now come from the front of my head and no between the ears, and i am hearing things that i have not heard before, the attack,rise sustain, decay is better, which leads to better timing of the music. drawbacks COST Y cable to short and auditioning , i went to Audio Affair in birmingham , the guys in there where helpful and there was no problem with an audition
if you are a real hifi nut (i am) the cost does not matter
I tested this in a store called Stereo in Singapore. http://www.stereo.com.sg/store/ This is probably the best sounding Earphones I ever listened to. The bass and soundstage can match most mid range Audio Technica, AKG & Beyer and this is straight out of my iPhone. The cable has some serious premium quality to it, I wish more manufacturers would do the same with their high end models. But for that kind of price I rather get a Denon 5000 or save a few months salary & get the incredible Beyerdynamic T1 which is jaw-droppingly euphoric.
- Sennheiser IE800 Thread
- › HD 650, Q701, and a Few Questions 32 seconds ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 1 minute ago
- › Hidizs AP60 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Kansas City Headfi Meet June 3rd @ Oak Park Library 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM 3 minutes ago
- › [Wanted] Sennheiser HD 580 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear