I think it would be a good idea to keep the IE800 related talk in one thread. This thread hasn't been updated in a long time.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser IE800tagged by nightmancometh, 8/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- HiFi Headphones UK dem - Dita, Final, Sennheiser, Shure Last post on 12/23/14 at 5:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE 800 owners, please enter. Last post on 12/16/14 at 12:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE800 vs Headphones? Last post on 12/8/14 at 3:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review of the Dita the answer (truth) and compare to ie800 Last post on 12/7/14 at 12:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from IE800 Last post on 12/19/14 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I compared them to many other BT Headphones. A real comparison will be posted sooner or later in the "Huge Comparison" thread in the Forum. I liked them. They have personality. Warm signature,...
Well, I can't really write much more than what I wrote for the E40. They are the same in everything except that the E50 is bigger and have at least some bass. Actually, to really be honest,...
The only reason to buy these Headphones is if you want to give money to JBL in change of a big JBL logo on your head. Or if you hate Paul McCartney and want to listen to the Beatles without any...
Sennheiser IE800 Thread - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i purchased a pair of ie 800 . the sound is so revealing, BUT i had previously owned shure 355 with acs custom moulds. and i could not make them stop in my ears ( i lost 1 ear mould which cost me £40 to replace so when i lost another i sold them) i have a pair of klipsch 10xi and they are an excellent fit .
the sennheiser ie 800 took some fitting correctly, i have had to fit them what i believe is the wrong way, with the cable at about 9 o,clock forward from my ears so what i would like sennheiser to do is fit longer cable to the yoke so that the cable can be run up over the top of the ear then down behind
i have used them with a colorfly and a cowon a3 , and in my cd player ( a modified marantz with 24/96 dac and valve output stage
first impressions is the sound stage which now come from the front of my head and no between the ears, and i am hearing things that i have not heard before, the attack,rise sustain, decay is better, which leads to better timing of the music. drawbacks COST Y cable to short and auditioning , i went to Audio Affair in birmingham , the guys in there where helpful and there was no problem with an audition
if you are a real hifi nut (i am) the cost does not matter
I tested this in a store called Stereo in Singapore. http://www.stereo.com.sg/store/ This is probably the best sounding Earphones I ever listened to. The bass and soundstage can match most mid range Audio Technica, AKG & Beyer and this is straight out of my iPhone. The cable has some serious premium quality to it, I wish more manufacturers would do the same with their high end models. But for that kind of price I rather get a Denon 5000 or save a few months salary & get the incredible Beyerdynamic T1 which is jaw-droppingly euphoric.
- Sennheiser IE800 Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 28 seconds ago
- › Earwerkz Legend R vs Noble K10 Brief Review (and 15 others,... 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer 4 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › Best all-rounder for ~$300 new or used? 4 minutes ago
- › ATH-ES10 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 7 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 7 minutes ago
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › Focal Spirit Professional by Frequen-C
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Frequen-C
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)