Thanks for the review. I've had the M2 for about half a year now and I love the sound signature, but unfortunately it broke recently. I was wondering how the M4 sounds in comparison to the M2, if anyone could help me out here?
Related Forum Threads
- IEMs for Metal/Rock (replacement for Brainwavz M3) Last post on 1/18/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phiaton PS 20 vs Brainwavz M4 Last post on 4/17/13 at 2:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a "Jack of all trades" Last post on 7/16/12 at 6:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good IEMs under $30? Last post on 8/17/12 at 8:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget IEM Battle (under $40) Last post on 7/20/12 at 10:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
IntroductionWhen I first reviewed Schiit Audio's original Modi/Vali stack many moons ago, I walked away very impressed to say the least. Not only was it a cost effective solution for the budding...
1. Introduction The Prophile-8, a 8 balanced armature in-ear monitor, is the new flagship from well-established German brand In-ear. So far the brand had an offering going from 2 to 4 driver...
Video Review It's not unusual to find a headphone or IEM manufacturer to branch out into making their own amps, and then their own cables, but Ken Ball is one of two people who have gone in...
Warm, good sounding player with no harshness. Spacious and natural sound. Easy to listen for long time without any fatigue. Fiio x5 II sounds more neutral and analytical with harshness on upper...
[REVIEW] Brainwavz M4 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 485/29/12 at 12:49pmpost #18 of 485/29/12 at 7:31pmThread StarterQuote:
SuperDarts is one of very few IEM that I think can challenge TF10 with the same sound signature. Though I did say M4 is like a step-down, dynamic version TF10, it is not that good yet. If you check out my concise comparison, you'll see there are 4 other IEM between M4 and SuperDarts of the balanced sound signature.post #19 of 485/29/12 at 10:34pmpost #20 of 485/29/12 at 10:35pmQuote:
To my ears, the SuperDarts are a lot deeper than the M4s with their V.post #21 of 485/30/12 at 2:04amThread StarterQuote:
Yep. I'll say the same. They both have a very obvious V-shaped sound, but SuperDarts is much more deeper. Probably the deepest of any IEM I have heard.post #22 of 485/30/12 at 2:28am
anything against the mic-version?
I´m afraid it´s not as durable,
or the mic does influence the sound?
It´s because I have so many IEM, but not a single headset for my mobile....post #23 of 485/30/12 at 8:26ampost #24 of 485/30/12 at 8:56amQuote:
Mics are wired separately to the actual drivers. So they really can't affect the sound. I don't know why people think they do. Unless wired incorrectly or electricity can jump through two layers or thin plastic/rubber.
Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this messagepost #25 of 485/30/12 at 9:28ampost #26 of 485/30/12 at 10:29am
Sounds good. I didn't see your question regarding durability, the cables are Kevlare reinforced, which helps loads. The lower half, before the Y-split, is fabric. The only problem I had regarding the build was really just the strain relief leading out of the earpiece. Headphone jack is straight, but durable nevertheless.post #27 of 485/31/12 at 8:51am
Hmm. I'm really looking forward to using M4 for country/slow rock genre...Is it worth the buy? Can anyone suggest me some IEMs on this price range for this genre. I have a pair of M2 and I really cannot enjoy Rock at all. *sigh*post #28 of 485/31/12 at 8:56amQuote:
In my opinion, the M4s are a perfect IEM to enjoy rock with. You shouldn't be disappointed. They are currently 28 bucks, so there is nothing to lose. Be quick, sales aren't ever permanent! :ppost #29 of 485/31/12 at 8:58amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Brainwavz M4
- Headphone Impedance
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 20 seconds ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 29 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 31 seconds ago
- › Best earbuds to get 47 seconds ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 1 minute ago
- › A+ Technology in Daniel Hertz's Master Class software and future of... 1 minute ago
- › Shanling M5 1 minute ago
- › Trinity Audio Q & A 1 minute ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear