New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HM-901 - Page 45

post #661 of 3187
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon View Post

you can get a headstart by telling me how the tera fares with the dx100 first!!!
Well I haven't A/Bed yet. If it is a weight / SQ ratio, the Tera beats anybody's ass. They are at least at the DX100 SQ level I would say, but I really need to compare.
post #662 of 3187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Well I haven't A/Bed yet. If it is a weight / SQ ratio, the Tera beats anybody's ass. They are at least at the DX100 SQ level I would say, but I really need to compare.

 

 

take your time, we will be patiently waiting, im sure we all have patience providing we are on the hm901's thread biggrin.gif sorry, just had to throw that in there tongue.gif

post #663 of 3187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Well I haven't A/Bed yet. If it is a weight / SQ ratio, the Tera beats anybody's ass. They are at least at the DX100 SQ level I would say, but I really need to compare.

What chip, battery and amp do they use? I find it quite shocking that this small device can produce "brick" sound. And is the UI easy to control when there is no screen?

post #664 of 3187
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

What chip, battery and amp do they use? I find it quite shocking that this small device can produce "brick" sound. And is the UI easy to control when there is no screen?
Well if you just listen to albums it's ok, but if you change songs from one album to another all the time, it will be difficult !
Specs are here:

http://www.tera-player.com/
post #665 of 3187
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

Not "sound like" or "close enough", 901 already sounds better than DX100 for me, easy.


Is that with the Standard amp module? Or with the game module? How much more will that set you back on a $1000.00 base price unit?

post #666 of 3187
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Is that with the Standard amp module? Or with the game module? How much more will that set you back on a $1000.00 base price unit?

 

 

are you maybe thinking of getting one?

post #667 of 3187

It's Lee. After he's finished trying not towink_face.gif, of course he will, LOL.

 

I may break down as well at some point. I really liked my short listen.

post #668 of 3187
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon View Post

 

 

are you maybe thinking of getting one?


Not really sure. The Tera Player has my interest of them all though.

post #669 of 3187
The Terra Player has my interest too bar the wav file structure. Wish it was FLAC and it would have another sale weeks ago
post #670 of 3187
How many gbs does the Tera have?
post #671 of 3187
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon View Post

How many gbs does the Tera have?


It doesn't have internal memory to my knowledge. It uses SDXC cards. So currently up to 128 GBs per card.

post #672 of 3187
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


It doesn't have internal memory to my knowledge. It uses SDXC cards. So currently up to 128 GBs per card.

Thank you Lee and its 1000 bucks right? Same price as hm901?
post #673 of 3187
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon View Post


Thank you Lee and its 1000 bucks right? Same price as hm901?


Nope Teras are around $1,300 to my knowledge.

post #674 of 3187
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Nope Teras are around $1,300 to my knowledge.

 

wow eek.gif

post #675 of 3187
Just checked via XE for current exchange rates between Euro and US $. The standard player costs €840 which comes out at US$1,086

For the " Stealth" version sans orange markings it is US$1,241 (€960)

Bizarre that taking off printing of letters and orange markers should increase the cost drastically, you would think it would be cheaper!
Edited by ianmedium - 4/4/13 at 9:37pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear