- 4,336 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productColorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-901tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productQLS-HIFI QA350 V2+ SD Card WAV High Fidelity Music Player Portable player Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productTeclast T51tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: HiFi ET MA9 - a new reference level DAP Last post on 2/19/14 at 6:31am in Portable Source Gear
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 3/31/14 at 11:51am in Portable Source Gear
- 24/96 Playback. Portability? Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso DX100, Colorfly C4 or Hifiman HM 801 Last post on 10/20/13 at 12:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable audiophile DAP with lots of avail disk space? Last post on 1/19/14 at 7:32pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
HM-901 - Page 39post #571 of 27553/14/13 at 2:54pmOK, I have to ask, seeing as it is not for sale are you getting a review sample from them Jamato? I notice a few on here seem to get equipment way ahead of anyone else.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #572 of 27553/14/13 at 2:55pmQuote:
It is supposed to be released soon so I am waiting.post #573 of 27553/14/13 at 2:57pmpost #574 of 27553/14/13 at 3:00pmQuote:
I look forward to it as well. It must be remembered that my AK has the 22ohm resistors bypassed, which I think brings it too life and really opens up the unit. All I would need would be is the Tera Player to round out what I think are the most likely to be the top players right now.post #575 of 27553/14/13 at 3:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by jamato8
I look forward to it as well. It must be remembered that my AK has the 22ohm resistors bypassed, which I think brings it too life and really opens up the unit. All I would need would be is the Tera Player to round out what I think are the most likely to be the top players right now.
curiouspost #576 of 27553/14/13 at 3:28pm
Ahh, cool! I thought it was this month then there was the video earlier where the fellow said April/May. As always I look forward to your thoughts on it.post #577 of 27553/16/13 at 3:44ampost #578 of 27553/17/13 at 9:28pm
I might be getting in a HM-901 from a dealer tuesday; he wants me to review it. I will get back to you guys then.
I'm anxious to hear. I'll be using the IE8, RE-272's and AKG3003's and maybe a friend's FitEar TG334!post #579 of 27553/17/13 at 11:22pmQuote:
Lucky you!post #580 of 27553/18/13 at 3:17amQuote:
Can you get your hands on another high quality DAP to compare it?
If not, you could use your desktop DAC and amp to get the 901 in a comparison.
Also, I would suggest having a listen with the most revealing and transparent 'phones you got - the HE-6 - even though the stock amp won't drive it properly, you'll get a good impression regarding the pureness and transparency of the unit. I tried HE-6 with my HM-801 and the GAME amp module, and it was surprisingly good - though it didn't have the power to drive it fully. If I have to check anything critically to find any micro-tiny-difference between DACs or amps - it's the HE-6 that sits on my head!
I don't know about the HD800, it's so high impedant, that it might be just too much for the 901 stock amp too, but worth a try also.
post #581 of 27553/18/13 at 4:54pm
With the 901 taking the standard SD card, it opens up using some pretty large GB cards. I see it uses the newer SDXC cards also.
Edited by jamato8 - 3/18/13 at 5:21pmpost #582 of 27553/19/13 at 3:14amQuote:I see the 901 in your signature. You have it already! I am looking very much forward to read your impressions of it - especially compared to DX100 and your AK100.
Found you here!
Edited by LarsHP - 3/19/13 at 3:23ampost #583 of 27553/19/13 at 7:43ampost #584 of 27553/22/13 at 2:06am
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 48 seconds ago
- › Why the Beats Hate? 55 seconds ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 + assorted goodies 2 minutes ago
- › Selling more stuff 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Analog Squared Paper Discussion and Appreciation Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob