- 4,336 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productColorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-901tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productQLS-HIFI QA350 V2+ SD Card WAV High Fidelity Music Player Portable player Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productTeclast T51tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: HiFi ET MA9 - a new reference level DAP Last post on 2/19/14 at 6:31am in Portable Source Gear
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 3/31/14 at 11:51am in Portable Source Gear
- 24/96 Playback. Portability? Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso DX100, Colorfly C4 or Hifiman HM 801 Last post on 10/20/13 at 12:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable audiophile DAP with lots of avail disk space? Last post on 1/19/14 at 7:32pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
HM-901 - Page 39post #571 of 27553/14/13 at 2:54pmOK, I have to ask, seeing as it is not for sale are you getting a review sample from them Jamato? I notice a few on here seem to get equipment way ahead of anyone else.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #572 of 27553/14/13 at 2:55pmQuote:
It is supposed to be released soon so I am waiting.post #573 of 27553/14/13 at 2:57pmpost #574 of 27553/14/13 at 3:00pmQuote:
I look forward to it as well. It must be remembered that my AK has the 22ohm resistors bypassed, which I think brings it too life and really opens up the unit. All I would need would be is the Tera Player to round out what I think are the most likely to be the top players right now.post #575 of 27553/14/13 at 3:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by jamato8
I look forward to it as well. It must be remembered that my AK has the 22ohm resistors bypassed, which I think brings it too life and really opens up the unit. All I would need would be is the Tera Player to round out what I think are the most likely to be the top players right now.
curiouspost #576 of 27553/14/13 at 3:28pm
Ahh, cool! I thought it was this month then there was the video earlier where the fellow said April/May. As always I look forward to your thoughts on it.post #577 of 27553/16/13 at 3:44ampost #578 of 27553/17/13 at 9:28pm
I might be getting in a HM-901 from a dealer tuesday; he wants me to review it. I will get back to you guys then.
I'm anxious to hear. I'll be using the IE8, RE-272's and AKG3003's and maybe a friend's FitEar TG334!post #579 of 27553/17/13 at 11:22pmQuote:
Lucky you!post #580 of 27553/18/13 at 3:17amQuote:
Can you get your hands on another high quality DAP to compare it?
If not, you could use your desktop DAC and amp to get the 901 in a comparison.
Also, I would suggest having a listen with the most revealing and transparent 'phones you got - the HE-6 - even though the stock amp won't drive it properly, you'll get a good impression regarding the pureness and transparency of the unit. I tried HE-6 with my HM-801 and the GAME amp module, and it was surprisingly good - though it didn't have the power to drive it fully. If I have to check anything critically to find any micro-tiny-difference between DACs or amps - it's the HE-6 that sits on my head!
I don't know about the HD800, it's so high impedant, that it might be just too much for the 901 stock amp too, but worth a try also.
post #581 of 27553/18/13 at 4:54pm
With the 901 taking the standard SD card, it opens up using some pretty large GB cards. I see it uses the newer SDXC cards also.
Edited by jamato8 - 3/18/13 at 5:21pmpost #582 of 27553/19/13 at 3:14amQuote:I see the 901 in your signature. You have it already! I am looking very much forward to read your impressions of it - especially compared to DX100 and your AK100.
Found you here!
Edited by LarsHP - 3/19/13 at 3:23ampost #583 of 27553/19/13 at 7:43ampost #584 of 27553/22/13 at 2:06am
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › The Basshead Club 16 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 41 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 50 seconds ago
- › Best closed back headphone for gaming 1 minute ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. LATEST Specifications just added.... 1 minute ago
- › Speakers recommendation for desktop 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HM-700 impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob