Recent Images In This Thread
- productColorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-901tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productQLS-HIFI QA350 V2+ SD Card WAV High Fidelity Music Player Portable player Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productTeclast T51tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: HiFi ET MA9 - a new reference level DAP Last post on 7/3/14 at 3:33pm in Portable Source Gear
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 3/31/14 at 11:51am in Portable Source Gear
- 24/96 Playback. Portability? Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso DX100, Colorfly C4 or Hifiman HM 801 Last post on 10/20/13 at 12:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable audiophile DAP with lots of avail disk space? Last post on 1/19/14 at 7:32pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
HM-901 - Page 34
Gear mentioned in this thread:
No EQ for now. I believe it is a matter of enabling the function in the firmware, but so far there is no related discussion on whether it will be in future firmware. Gapless however will be supported in future.
HD and Vintage mode might sound like EQ, but they are actually the LPF stage after the DAC.
Yes, SDPIF functions (both I/O) must be used with a breakout cable (or the upcoming cradle). Also yes, the breakout cable is included, for the current batch. Fang said they might adjust the accessories in the future.
Edited by ClieOS - 3/7/13 at 7:26am
Ummm? Unless that is exclusive to just the 801, that is wrong.
The latest Rockbox (3.12) plays literally everything including 24 bit WAV, FLAC, AIFF, etc, etc.
Edited by burtomr - 3/7/13 at 7:43am
Am I to infer, from the above, that Fang will probably remove the breakout cable from the standard package for future 901 customers..?
I hope not.
If you get a chance could you upload a pic of the cable next to the unit and include some rough dimensions? Trying to plan how to transport my rig...
He mentioned the current accessories are not final and maybe adjusted. You will have to ask him to be sure.
Black and While RCA is for SPDIF I/O
One of the points getting a HM-901 / 801 or DX100 is native playback of hi res files, and for that very reason RockBox isn't a real option to me. Well, unless the UI is incredibly good, which it's not in my opinion.
Guys, I just posted this on the 801 thread but there is not much traffic there. I just got my 801, gave it a quick listen and very much like what I hear, don't even have to do the firmware update as it already has it.
My question is I have just put it on to charge, green light is shining on the charger but how do I know when it is fully charged, I can't see anything on the player to tell, does the green light on the charger go out when fully charged?
Thanks in advance!
The green light never seems to go out on my 801. I just let it charge overnight when the battery is depleted.
Thanks so much for that, a couple others have said the same so I will do that as well! Thanks so much for your help.
My pleasure! Enjoy your new 801!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Q701 impressions thread 23 seconds ago
- › Recommendation for: Closed Headphones (~$400) 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Toronto Winter 2014 Meet 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 4 minutes ago
- › I will surely hate myself 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)