Recent Images In This Thread
- productColorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-901tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productQLS-HIFI QA350 V2+ SD Card WAV High Fidelity Music Player Portable player Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productTeclast T51tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: HiFi ET MA9 - a new reference level DAP Last post on 5/30/15 at 9:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 3/31/14 at 11:51am in Portable Source Gear
- 24/96 Playback. Portability? Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso DX100, Colorfly C4 or Hifiman HM 801 Last post on 10/20/13 at 12:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable audiophile DAP with lots of avail disk space? Last post on 1/19/14 at 7:32pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/770243/soundmagic-e50-e50s-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A middy...
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
HM-901 - Page 34
Gear mentioned in this thread:
No EQ for now. I believe it is a matter of enabling the function in the firmware, but so far there is no related discussion on whether it will be in future firmware. Gapless however will be supported in future.
HD and Vintage mode might sound like EQ, but they are actually the LPF stage after the DAC.
Yes, SDPIF functions (both I/O) must be used with a breakout cable (or the upcoming cradle). Also yes, the breakout cable is included, for the current batch. Fang said they might adjust the accessories in the future.
Edited by ClieOS - 3/7/13 at 7:26am
Ummm? Unless that is exclusive to just the 801, that is wrong.
The latest Rockbox (3.12) plays literally everything including 24 bit WAV, FLAC, AIFF, etc, etc.
Edited by burtomr - 3/7/13 at 7:43am
Am I to infer, from the above, that Fang will probably remove the breakout cable from the standard package for future 901 customers..?
I hope not.
If you get a chance could you upload a pic of the cable next to the unit and include some rough dimensions? Trying to plan how to transport my rig...
He mentioned the current accessories are not final and maybe adjusted. You will have to ask him to be sure.
Black and While RCA is for SPDIF I/O
One of the points getting a HM-901 / 801 or DX100 is native playback of hi res files, and for that very reason RockBox isn't a real option to me. Well, unless the UI is incredibly good, which it's not in my opinion.
Guys, I just posted this on the 801 thread but there is not much traffic there. I just got my 801, gave it a quick listen and very much like what I hear, don't even have to do the firmware update as it already has it.
My question is I have just put it on to charge, green light is shining on the charger but how do I know when it is fully charged, I can't see anything on the player to tell, does the green light on the charger go out when fully charged?
Thanks in advance!
The green light never seems to go out on my 801. I just let it charge overnight when the battery is depleted.
Thanks so much for that, a couple others have said the same so I will do that as well! Thanks so much for your help.
My pleasure! Enjoy your new 801!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Astell&Kern, what's the best/great IEM to use? 48 seconds ago
- › Best Studio Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 2 minutes ago
- › Squeezebox Touch 2 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 2 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin Audio is now on Head-FI 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 2 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 3 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2