Recent Images In This Thread
- productColorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-901tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productQLS-HIFI QA350 V2+ SD Card WAV High Fidelity Music Player Portable player Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productTeclast T51tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: HiFi ET MA9 - a new reference level DAP Last post on 2/19/14 at 6:31am in Portable Source Gear
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 3/31/14 at 11:51am in Portable Source Gear
- 24/96 Playback. Portability? Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso DX100, Colorfly C4 or Hifiman HM 801 Last post on 10/20/13 at 12:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable audiophile DAP with lots of avail disk space? Last post on 1/19/14 at 7:32pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
The Sennheiser HD280 that I'm reviewing do not belong to me, they're presumably a couple years old (I didn't ask) and in good condition aside from a couple scratches on the earcups. I was curious...
Disclaimer The FR is a review sample sent from Noble Audio. The reviewer was compensated in the form of a ridiculously cool and form-fitting Noble Audio shirt. Introduction Despite humans...
HM-901 - Page 34post #496 of 27553/7/13 at 5:12am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #497 of 27553/7/13 at 6:53amCool, I thought everybody on this thread was a rockbox advocate. I dont want to stir up any controversy but this post/thread was very enlightening as to the confusion behind 24bit audio. Its a good read, check it out.http://www.head-fi.org/t/415361/24bit-vs-16bit-the-myth-exploded I think it'd be really cool to take a census on this thread. Everybody following weighs in...we tally up the numbers of how many DX100 owners how many 801 owners are following. cool? I'd be interesting.post #498 of 27553/7/13 at 7:07ampost #499 of 27553/7/13 at 7:20amQuote:
No EQ for now. I believe it is a matter of enabling the function in the firmware, but so far there is no related discussion on whether it will be in future firmware. Gapless however will be supported in future.
HD and Vintage mode might sound like EQ, but they are actually the LPF stage after the DAC.Quote:
Yes, SDPIF functions (both I/O) must be used with a breakout cable (or the upcoming cradle). Also yes, the breakout cable is included, for the current batch. Fang said they might adjust the accessories in the future.
Edited by ClieOS - 3/7/13 at 7:26ampost #500 of 27553/7/13 at 7:41amQuote:
Ummm? Unless that is exclusive to just the 801, that is wrong.
The latest Rockbox (3.12) plays literally everything including 24 bit WAV, FLAC, AIFF, etc, etc.
Edited by burtomr - 3/7/13 at 7:43ampost #501 of 27553/7/13 at 8:08amQuote:
Am I to infer, from the above, that Fang will probably remove the breakout cable from the standard package for future 901 customers..?
I hope not.post #502 of 27553/7/13 at 8:16amMuch obliged for the info ClieOS!!!
If you get a chance could you upload a pic of the cable next to the unit and include some rough dimensions? Trying to plan how to transport my rig...
Thanks!post #503 of 27553/7/13 at 9:17amQuote:
He mentioned the current accessories are not final and maybe adjusted. You will have to ask him to be sure.Quote:
Black and While RCA is for SPDIF I/Opost #504 of 27553/7/13 at 9:21ampost #505 of 27553/7/13 at 11:17ampost #506 of 27553/7/13 at 11:26ampost #507 of 27553/7/13 at 11:40amOkay, then we agree 😃
One of the points getting a HM-901 / 801 or DX100 is native playback of hi res files, and for that very reason RockBox isn't a real option to me. Well, unless the UI is incredibly good, which it's not in my opinion.post #508 of 27553/7/13 at 1:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by ianmedium
Guys, I just posted this on the 801 thread but there is not much traffic there. I just got my 801, gave it a quick listen and very much like what I hear, don't even have to do the firmware update as it already has it.
My question is I have just put it on to charge, green light is shining on the charger but how do I know when it is fully charged, I can't see anything on the player to tell, does the green light on the charger go out when fully charged?
Thanks in advance!
The green light never seems to go out on my 801. I just let it charge overnight when the battery is depleted.post #509 of 27553/7/13 at 1:52pmQuote:
Thanks so much for that, a couple others have said the same so I will do that as well! Thanks so much for your help.post #510 of 27553/7/13 at 7:42pmQuote:
My pleasure! Enjoy your new 801!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 19 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 23 seconds ago
- › Charleston Cable Company Headphone Cables and Interconnects - WOW! 45 seconds ago
- › Grace m903 report with HD800, LCD-2, LCD-3, T5P. 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 3/29/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › Need help determining if my new Ultimate Ears Custom In-Ear... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob