Recent Images In This Thread
- productColorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-901tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productQLS-HIFI QA350 V2+ SD Card WAV High Fidelity Music Player Portable player Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productTeclast T51tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: HiFi ET MA9 - a new reference level DAP Last post on 6/5/15 at 3:16pm in Portable Source Gear
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 3/31/14 at 11:51am in Portable Source Gear
- 24/96 Playback. Portability? Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso DX100, Colorfly C4 or Hifiman HM 801 Last post on 10/20/13 at 12:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable audiophile DAP with lots of avail disk space? Last post on 1/19/14 at 7:32pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
The Elecom LBT-PAR500AV was purchased by me on Ebay. I’m not in any way affiliated with Elecom. The price was about $50 when I bought it. About me: I’m a 42 year old music...
These are simply the best sounding headphones I have ever owned (and I've owned and sold a lot of them). They are sublimely smooth, yet detailed without the least bit of harshness at all in the...
HM-901 - Page 34
Gear mentioned in this thread:
No EQ for now. I believe it is a matter of enabling the function in the firmware, but so far there is no related discussion on whether it will be in future firmware. Gapless however will be supported in future.
HD and Vintage mode might sound like EQ, but they are actually the LPF stage after the DAC.
Yes, SDPIF functions (both I/O) must be used with a breakout cable (or the upcoming cradle). Also yes, the breakout cable is included, for the current batch. Fang said they might adjust the accessories in the future.
Edited by ClieOS - 3/7/13 at 7:26am
Ummm? Unless that is exclusive to just the 801, that is wrong.
The latest Rockbox (3.12) plays literally everything including 24 bit WAV, FLAC, AIFF, etc, etc.
Edited by burtomr - 3/7/13 at 7:43am
Am I to infer, from the above, that Fang will probably remove the breakout cable from the standard package for future 901 customers..?
I hope not.
If you get a chance could you upload a pic of the cable next to the unit and include some rough dimensions? Trying to plan how to transport my rig...
He mentioned the current accessories are not final and maybe adjusted. You will have to ask him to be sure.
Black and While RCA is for SPDIF I/O
One of the points getting a HM-901 / 801 or DX100 is native playback of hi res files, and for that very reason RockBox isn't a real option to me. Well, unless the UI is incredibly good, which it's not in my opinion.
Guys, I just posted this on the 801 thread but there is not much traffic there. I just got my 801, gave it a quick listen and very much like what I hear, don't even have to do the firmware update as it already has it.
My question is I have just put it on to charge, green light is shining on the charger but how do I know when it is fully charged, I can't see anything on the player to tell, does the green light on the charger go out when fully charged?
Thanks in advance!
The green light never seems to go out on my 801. I just let it charge overnight when the battery is depleted.
Thanks so much for that, a couple others have said the same so I will do that as well! Thanks so much for your help.
My pleasure! Enjoy your new 801!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 1 minute ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 2 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (Reviewed: #8:CT6E, #7:H8P,... 3 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 4 minutes ago
- › $399 Apple iPod Touch 6G with 128GB storage and A8 chip 5 minutes ago
- › FT: Roxanne's by JH audio 6 minutes ago
- › The ultimate DAP! 512GB storage, 10,000mAh battery, features of... 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for new earbuds! $80 - $125 7 minutes ago
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3