Recent Images In This Thread
- productColorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-901tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productQLS-HIFI QA350 V2+ SD Card WAV High Fidelity Music Player Portable player Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productTeclast T51tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: HiFi ET MA9 - a new reference level DAP Last post on 3/9/15 at 12:29pm in Portable Source Gear
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 3/31/14 at 11:51am in Portable Source Gear
- 24/96 Playback. Portability? Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso DX100, Colorfly C4 or Hifiman HM 801 Last post on 10/20/13 at 12:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable audiophile DAP with lots of avail disk space? Last post on 1/19/14 at 7:32pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
Who would have ever thought that cans that cost 20~ bucks could sound pretty good, well some how Superlux did it and this is the result. I have the Presonus HD 7 which is essentially the same...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank AudioQuest for providing me with a review sample of their product in exchange for my honest opinion. No matter how much I enjoy listening to...
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
HM-901 - Page 34
Gear mentioned in this thread:
No EQ for now. I believe it is a matter of enabling the function in the firmware, but so far there is no related discussion on whether it will be in future firmware. Gapless however will be supported in future.
HD and Vintage mode might sound like EQ, but they are actually the LPF stage after the DAC.
Yes, SDPIF functions (both I/O) must be used with a breakout cable (or the upcoming cradle). Also yes, the breakout cable is included, for the current batch. Fang said they might adjust the accessories in the future.
Edited by ClieOS - 3/7/13 at 7:26am
Ummm? Unless that is exclusive to just the 801, that is wrong.
The latest Rockbox (3.12) plays literally everything including 24 bit WAV, FLAC, AIFF, etc, etc.
Edited by burtomr - 3/7/13 at 7:43am
Am I to infer, from the above, that Fang will probably remove the breakout cable from the standard package for future 901 customers..?
I hope not.
If you get a chance could you upload a pic of the cable next to the unit and include some rough dimensions? Trying to plan how to transport my rig...
He mentioned the current accessories are not final and maybe adjusted. You will have to ask him to be sure.
Black and While RCA is for SPDIF I/O
One of the points getting a HM-901 / 801 or DX100 is native playback of hi res files, and for that very reason RockBox isn't a real option to me. Well, unless the UI is incredibly good, which it's not in my opinion.
Guys, I just posted this on the 801 thread but there is not much traffic there. I just got my 801, gave it a quick listen and very much like what I hear, don't even have to do the firmware update as it already has it.
My question is I have just put it on to charge, green light is shining on the charger but how do I know when it is fully charged, I can't see anything on the player to tell, does the green light on the charger go out when fully charged?
Thanks in advance!
The green light never seems to go out on my 801. I just let it charge overnight when the battery is depleted.
Thanks so much for that, a couple others have said the same so I will do that as well! Thanks so much for your help.
My pleasure! Enjoy your new 801!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › WHO ARE THE BEST LOOKING PEOPLE ON EARTH? 22 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 2 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Edition 8 "Limited Edition" 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 4 minutes ago
- › The "Lovely Cube" Headphone Amp (Lehmann Black Cube Linear Clone) 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 5 minutes ago
- › LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs ) 9 minutes ago
- › hd25-1 impressions thread 11 minutes ago
- › Great wings at Hooters last night 11 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD 681 by Zulkr9
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2