New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HM-901 - Page 185

post #2761 of 3191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

The new AKs are upgrades for the 100 and 120...one of them is a "cheaper" 240 with less memory...no way their SQ is at 901 level...

I mean if one is looking for "value for money" in DAP from Astell & kern, he is really looking at the wrong brand
post #2762 of 3191
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post


I mean if one is looking for "value for money" in DAP from Astell & kern, he is really looking at the wrong brand

hahaha...soooo true...sooo true indeed

post #2763 of 3191
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrin313 View Post

hahaha...soooo true...sooo true indeed
My point being that if one can afford an AK120II, he should really go for the AK240. A used AK240 is like 15,000hkd and the AK120II is 13,000hkd? The diff is so small and just go for the flagship and u can tell ppl how ak120ii is not all that. Life is too short to compare the two
post #2764 of 3191
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post


My point being that if one can afford an AK120II, he should really go for the AK240. A used AK240 is like 15,000hkd and the AK120II is 13,000hkd? The diff is so small and just go for the flagship and u can tell ppl how ak120ii is not all that. Life is too short to compare the two

if I was to buy an AK product owh dont you worry..it'll be the flagship...that way I wouldnt be looking up all the time...lol

post #2765 of 3191

So...

 

I just decided to sell my CLAS solo -db & duet combo and bought the HM-901 with the balanced card, as my research told me this was the one to get. I have the Earsonics sm64's coming in the mail.

 

Was this amplifier card the one to get?

post #2766 of 3191
Is duet balance as well? If u r already using balance rsa type cable with ur iem, u can consider to ask someone to build u an adapter from rsa to trrs 3.5mm or reterminate ur cable to trrs to enjoy the balance card. Its a great card except it runs a bit warm. Another thing is u should brace yourself for the primitive but stable UI.
Congrats!
post #2767 of 3191
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanderson View Post
 

So...

 

I just decided to sell my CLAS solo -db & duet combo and bought the HM-901 with the balanced card, as my research told me this was the one to get. I have the Earsonics sm64's coming in the mail.

 

Was this amplifier card the one to get?


Hmmm. Maybe ... especially if you plan using the HM901 with full size headphones too. If you only plan using it with IEMs/CIEMs, then the IEM amp card might be the one to get.

 

I only have the Balanced amp card and use it for my CIEMs (as well as HE-6!) and it sounds wonderful, but it does give you less fine-tuning of volume, shorter battery time and it gets hotter in the pocket too compared to the IEM card.

post #2768 of 3191
I only use iems and prefer the balanced card. I have the iem card and do not use it. Personal taste.
post #2769 of 3191
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrin313 View Post

gaaaaaaah..thats the thing bro that is stopping me getting the AK240....

i have the modded C4 pro now and is super happy with it and I really believe nothing can sound as good as this on a portable setup.

Its just curiosity is getting better of me...maybe I will just fly to singpore, indonesia or malaysia to demo both the HM901 and AK240 and make my final decision.

Maybe you can catch when I find time to make it across to Bandar to see my friends there. smily_headphones1.gif
post #2770 of 3191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post

Maybe you can catch when I find time to make it across to Bandar to see my friends there. smily_headphones1.gif

Owh bro, that will be sweet, u can pm me when that happens..
post #2771 of 3191
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrin313 View Post

Owh bro, that will be sweet, u can pm me when that happens..

Will do! Just remind me in due course what you want to try. smily_headphones1.gif
post #2772 of 3191
Lol.. Where to start? Depends what u have.. Lol.. Priority is of cos the ak240 and the hm901
post #2773 of 3191
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrin313 View Post

Lol.. Where to start? Depends what u have.. Lol.. Priority is of cos the ak240 and the hm901

Just have a look at my inventory... ;p and within reason as I do not want to have to explain to The Royal Brunei Customs what I am bringing in... smily_headphones1.gif
post #2774 of 3191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post


Just have a look at my inventory... ;p and within reason as I do not want to have to explain to The Royal Brunei Customs what I am bringing in... smily_headphones1.gif


i look at the inventory in your sig and I get confused if I am looking at the Jaben catalog for DAP

post #2775 of 3191
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post


i look at the inventory in your sig and I get confused if I am looking at the Jaben catalog for DAP

Haha! Not true, my friend. They do not carry the Hifiman HM 901 and 802... smily_headphones1.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear