or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HM-901 - Page 179

post #2671 of 3516

The dock lives!

 

 

 

Just waiting for the Windows USB driver to do away with the V-link.   Otherwise, it's working well with the 1.085 firmware.

post #2672 of 3516
Hmmm....is there a relation to the release timing of the 1.085 & the dock?
post #2673 of 3516
Yeah, the dock features r built in the firmware ...maybe for usb dac
post #2674 of 3516

Yes, with 1.085b it automatically switches when plugged into the dock and switched to an input other than "Player".  You need to switch back to "player" before unplugging when you disconnect from the dock.

 

Now all we need is the Windows driver for this dock.

post #2675 of 3516
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

Since this digital filter is only available to HM901 and not HM802 (where both runs on the same hardware besides the DAC section), I'll venture a guess and say the digital filter is referring to the filters built into ES9018, which allows user to set between either a slow or a sharp roll-off.
Its exactly that. It has been turned off except in this beta firmware 1.081Beta which was set to on. Some customers like how it sounds and hence the new firmware allows us to choose it.
post #2676 of 3516

Moved to other thread.


Edited by y2jdmbfan - 3/29/14 at 11:38am
post #2677 of 3516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer View Post

The dock lives!





Just waiting for the Windows USB driver to do away with the V-link.   Otherwise, it's working well with the 1.085 firmware.

Are you guys beta customers for the dock? I don't think its generally available right?
post #2678 of 3516

Beta testing.

post #2679 of 3516

would you say that this player is still at the top end of the DAP ladder? I heard comments about how it is on par with the ak 240 and have better overall sq compared to other flagship dap , I may get one of these at the end of the year if it pops up for cheap in my country

post #2680 of 3516

As far as I've personally heard, the HM-901 is the best sounding player.  While the HM-901 is clearly not the best when it comes to UI and features, at least the UI can be addressed (to some extent) through software updates.  Hardware is usually not able to be changed once it's released, so Sound Quality improvement has a much smaller potential.

 

While I wish the HM-901 had built in USB connectivity without the need for a large dock, maybe there will be a smaller portable dock in the future?  Who knows.  But for now it's the best sounding DAP out there.  But the market is getting more and more crowded.

post #2681 of 3516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
 

As far as I've personally heard, the HM-901 is the best sounding player.  While the HM-901 is clearly not the best when it comes to UI and features, at least the UI can be addressed (to some extent) through software updates.  Hardware is usually not able to be changed once it's released, so Sound Quality improvement has a much smaller potential.

 

While I wish the HM-901 had built in USB connectivity without the need for a large dock, maybe there will be a smaller portable dock in the future?  Who knows.  But for now it's the best sounding DAP out there.  But the market is getting more and more crowded.

thanks for the reply, can i ask what player have you heard as a comparison? is the ui comfortable for tag browsing?

post #2682 of 3516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrias View Post
 

thanks for the reply, can i ask what player have you heard as a comparison? is the ui comfortable for tag browsing?

 

AK240, AK120, HM-801, HM-802 so far. 

 

Haven't had quality time with the AK240 for head to head.  Had time spent listening at 2 different occassions.  But used same files on both players side by side.

 

The HM-901 UI is able to browse by Artist, Album, Genre, etc.  Works pretty well, but I prefer to folder browse.

post #2683 of 3516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
 

 

AK240, AK120, HM-801, HM-802 so far. 

 

Haven't had quality time with the AK240 for head to head.  Had time spent listening at 2 different occassions.  But used same files on both players side by side.

 

The HM-901 UI is able to browse by Artist, Album, Genre, etc.  Works pretty well, but I prefer to folder browse.

 

I've got a demo AK240 with me. Need to burn it in a little though. Can compare it with my HM-901 tonight. Despite both having balanced amps, I don't have the right 2.5mm for the AK240 so comparison will be in SE mode only. Any other particular criteria ppl want me to compare? Otherwise it'll be a generic comparison and most likely with FitEar MH335DW CIEMs.

post #2684 of 3516
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

 

I've got a demo AK240 with me. Need to burn it in a little though. Can compare it with my HM-901 tonight. Despite both having balanced amps, I don't have the right 2.5mm for the AK240 so comparison will be in SE mode only. Any other particular criteria ppl want me to compare? Otherwise it'll be a generic comparison and most likely with FitEar MH335DW CIEMs.


Hi Sean

 

Will you compare which one has a better line out?

post #2685 of 3516
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 


Hi Sean

 

Will you compare which one has a better line out?

 

I don't have that fancy adapter thing for the AK240 so it'll just be a 3.5mm->3.5mm with the software setting enabled fro lineout. That ok?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear