- 5,338 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productColorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-901tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productQLS-HIFI QA350 V2+ SD Card WAV High Fidelity Music Player Portable player Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productTeclast T51tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: HiFi ET MA9 - a new reference level DAP Last post on 2/19/14 at 6:31am in Portable Source Gear
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 3/31/14 at 11:51am in Portable Source Gear
- 24/96 Playback. Portability? Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso DX100, Colorfly C4 or Hifiman HM 801 Last post on 10/20/13 at 12:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable audiophile DAP with lots of avail disk space? Last post on 1/19/14 at 7:32pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
HM-901 - Page 170post #2536 of 27551/4/14 at 12:02amQuote:You could wait for feedback on upcoming DAPs such as Calyx, X5, AK240. I think the 901 incredible in SQ and easy to use, but it has very short battery life.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2537 of 27551/4/14 at 12:12amQuote:
How short is the battery life? I remember it having its own power adapter right ? instead of common usb charger of some kind , out of those I am rather interested in the ak240, x5 , zx1 and the hm901 , size is not really an issue for me as long as its a stand alone dap of somekindpost #2538 of 27551/4/14 at 12:19amQuote:Honestly the 901 is a keeper...plus with the balanced card and balanced cables you take all the advantage of the amp. But then you only have 5 hours of play. The plus side is that the upgraded battery does not drain while the DAP is off.Originally Posted by Retrias
How short is the battery life? I remember it having its own power adapter right ? instead of common usb charger of some kind , out of those I am rather interested in the ak240, x5 , zx1 and the hm901 , size is not really an issue for me as long as its a stand alone dap of somekindpost #2539 of 27551/4/14 at 12:26amQuote:
How long is the battery life with the balanced setting on off? I don't have any balanced headphones yetpost #2540 of 27551/4/14 at 12:30ampost #2541 of 27551/4/14 at 1:03amQuote:
I am getting 7+ hours with the new battery and the balance cardpost #2542 of 27551/4/14 at 3:36ampost #2543 of 27551/4/14 at 8:14amQuote:
Thankfully they sent me my replacement 901 with that new battery, it's a lot thinner than the old one and easier to close. I get 7-8 hrs when burning in from low gain @ volume 2-2.5
Tried to use it too with Abyss and got 6-6.5 hrspost #2544 of 27551/4/14 at 8:16ampost #2545 of 27551/4/14 at 8:35ampost #2546 of 27551/4/14 at 8:35amQuote:
I have the opposite experience: the new battery is thicker and makes it harder to close the back cover...post #2547 of 27551/4/14 at 8:39amQuote:
Yes. @ high gain, with trrs then balanced volume @ 4 and I get 6-6.5 hrs this is just burn inpost #2548 of 27551/4/14 at 9:01am
Was that any better sounding then other combo listed on your signature?
If so, the upcoming U235 amp card could be another serious contender for sure.post #2549 of 27551/4/14 at 9:07am
Does the old battery lose a lot of charge while the player is off ? My HM-901 will arrive next week, hope it has the new one installed. I think it won't be difficult to determine if its losing charge or not.
The german manual has a different standard amp module. On head-direct it's called Ganqi II module. Anyone has experiences with it ?post #2550 of 27551/4/14 at 9:08amQuote:
I miss my Abyss. Take care of it soullinker. XD
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Grado Fan Club! 50 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 1 minute ago
- › Fiio E11 - UK/Europe - You pay for shipping only 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 2 minutes ago
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Discussion and Review... 3 minutes ago
- › pupDAC Step-by-Step Build Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K240 Studio Review 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob