Nah but they'll no doubt bring one out to keep in with the image line of the Dx50 and to keep up with the Hifiman and A&K ranges. Branding wise it pays for companies to be consistent with their design and manufacturing... the Dx50 stands out too much for them to not have another version in the works .
Recent Images In This Thread
- productColorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-901tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productQLS-HIFI QA350 V2+ SD Card WAV High Fidelity Music Player Portable player Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productTeclast T51tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: HiFi ET MA9 - a new reference level DAP Last post on 3/9/15 at 12:29pm in Portable Source Gear
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 3/31/14 at 11:51am in Portable Source Gear
- 24/96 Playback. Portability? Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso DX100, Colorfly C4 or Hifiman HM 801 Last post on 10/20/13 at 12:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable audiophile DAP with lots of avail disk space? Last post on 1/19/14 at 7:32pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
Who would have ever thought that cans that cost 20~ bucks could sound pretty good, well some how Superlux did it and this is the result. I have the Presonus HD 7 which is essentially the same...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank AudioQuest for providing me with a review sample of their product in exchange for my honest opinion. No matter how much I enjoy listening to...
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
HM-901 - Page 157
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ok... no, Ibasso have not got an updated model in mind and are standing by their Dx100 in defiance of the rest:
Good on them.
Give us the DSD support as bonus instead, pleeeeease
Corrected it for ya ;-). Already has but just dodgy with hiss and not supporting all DSD64 formats. However, I'm already concerned about it's performance without DSD support. CPU/mem upgrade would be nice.
As I see it, they should address, by order of priority (my priorities):
- Stability of the firmware...you still have anoying freezing or restarts from time to time
- Usability of tags in the UI. So far I am have to navigate by folder, too many bugs by album
- Have a decent playlist function
- Fix the DSD playback. I do not really care, but if it is there, it should work. Only thing is that with DSD, battery would last something like 10mn
I do not give a crappy crap about an EQ. The player sounds wonderfuls and sufficiently flat to my ears, and if earphones do not sound good with it, do not buy them is my motto...
But my main wish is that they would come up with a way to improve battery life.
Battery life using what card? People have to sure they're speaking on relevant terms with such a 'diverse' device.
Its a brilliant player regardless of the few set backs, have no doubt they'll get there with it all.
In re the EQ setting....
I am too cheap to buy another battery just to listen to 10min of music...
Should i get the iem card because i always bring a backup player in case 901 runs out of juice?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › JVC SZ2000 + 55x pads / B&O H6. Both pretty much BNIB 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW/TOUR] Somic MH412 + Viper4Android. The "Put Up or Shut Up"... 4 minutes ago
- › Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3 6 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 7 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 8 minutes ago
- › Which CIEM would you recommend for Rap/HipHop use ? 9 minutes ago
- › LIST - Gear with Dual Mono Balanced outs 10 minutes ago
- › Cryogenically frozen vacuum De-Oxygenated Cable Comparison 11 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD 681 by Zulkr9
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2