Nah but they'll no doubt bring one out to keep in with the image line of the Dx50 and to keep up with the Hifiman and A&K ranges. Branding wise it pays for companies to be consistent with their design and manufacturing... the Dx50 stands out too much for them to not have another version in the works .
Recent Images In This Thread
- productColorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-901tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productQLS-HIFI QA350 V2+ SD Card WAV High Fidelity Music Player Portable player Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productTeclast T51tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: HiFi ET MA9 - a new reference level DAP Last post on 6/5/15 at 3:16pm in Portable Source Gear
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 3/31/14 at 11:51am in Portable Source Gear
- 24/96 Playback. Portability? Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso DX100, Colorfly C4 or Hifiman HM 801 Last post on 10/20/13 at 12:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable audiophile DAP with lots of avail disk space? Last post on 1/19/14 at 7:32pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
HM-901 - Page 157
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ok... no, Ibasso have not got an updated model in mind and are standing by their Dx100 in defiance of the rest:
Good on them.
Give us the DSD support as bonus instead, pleeeeease
Corrected it for ya ;-). Already has but just dodgy with hiss and not supporting all DSD64 formats. However, I'm already concerned about it's performance without DSD support. CPU/mem upgrade would be nice.
As I see it, they should address, by order of priority (my priorities):
- Stability of the firmware...you still have anoying freezing or restarts from time to time
- Usability of tags in the UI. So far I am have to navigate by folder, too many bugs by album
- Have a decent playlist function
- Fix the DSD playback. I do not really care, but if it is there, it should work. Only thing is that with DSD, battery would last something like 10mn
I do not give a crappy crap about an EQ. The player sounds wonderfuls and sufficiently flat to my ears, and if earphones do not sound good with it, do not buy them is my motto...
But my main wish is that they would come up with a way to improve battery life.
Battery life using what card? People have to sure they're speaking on relevant terms with such a 'diverse' device.
Its a brilliant player regardless of the few set backs, have no doubt they'll get there with it all.
In re the EQ setting....
I am too cheap to buy another battery just to listen to 10min of music...
Should i get the iem card because i always bring a backup player in case 901 runs out of juice?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FS: Fitear A111 with custom headphone cable 4 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 6 minutes ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 7 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 8 minutes ago
- › It is odd but not peculiar... 8 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)