Nah but they'll no doubt bring one out to keep in with the image line of the Dx50 and to keep up with the Hifiman and A&K ranges. Branding wise it pays for companies to be consistent with their design and manufacturing... the Dx50 stands out too much for them to not have another version in the works .
Recent Images In This Thread
- productColorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-901tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productQLS-HIFI QA350 V2+ SD Card WAV High Fidelity Music Player Portable player Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productTeclast T51tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: HiFi ET MA9 - a new reference level DAP Last post on 7/3/14 at 3:33pm in Portable Source Gear
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 3/31/14 at 11:51am in Portable Source Gear
- 24/96 Playback. Portability? Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso DX100, Colorfly C4 or Hifiman HM 801 Last post on 10/20/13 at 12:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable audiophile DAP with lots of avail disk space? Last post on 1/19/14 at 7:32pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
HM-901 - Page 157
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ok... no, Ibasso have not got an updated model in mind and are standing by their Dx100 in defiance of the rest:
Good on them.
Give us the DSD support as bonus instead, pleeeeease
Corrected it for ya ;-). Already has but just dodgy with hiss and not supporting all DSD64 formats. However, I'm already concerned about it's performance without DSD support. CPU/mem upgrade would be nice.
As I see it, they should address, by order of priority (my priorities):
- Stability of the firmware...you still have anoying freezing or restarts from time to time
- Usability of tags in the UI. So far I am have to navigate by folder, too many bugs by album
- Have a decent playlist function
- Fix the DSD playback. I do not really care, but if it is there, it should work. Only thing is that with DSD, battery would last something like 10mn
I do not give a crappy crap about an EQ. The player sounds wonderfuls and sufficiently flat to my ears, and if earphones do not sound good with it, do not buy them is my motto...
But my main wish is that they would come up with a way to improve battery life.
Battery life using what card? People have to sure they're speaking on relevant terms with such a 'diverse' device.
Its a brilliant player regardless of the few set backs, have no doubt they'll get there with it all.
In re the EQ setting....
I am too cheap to buy another battery just to listen to 10min of music...
Should i get the iem card because i always bring a backup player in case 901 runs out of juice?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" just now
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 29 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 42 seconds ago
- › S.M.S.L M2 DAC First Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Comply Ts 400 Medium Size Tips 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › New York Dolls on HD Tracks 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › right channel / Left channel marking o2 Amp 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)