Nah but they'll no doubt bring one out to keep in with the image line of the Dx50 and to keep up with the Hifiman and A&K ranges. Branding wise it pays for companies to be consistent with their design and manufacturing... the Dx50 stands out too much for them to not have another version in the works .
Recent Images In This Thread
- productColorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-901tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productQLS-HIFI QA350 V2+ SD Card WAV High Fidelity Music Player Portable player Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productTeclast T51tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: HiFi ET MA9 - a new reference level DAP Last post on 3/9/15 at 12:29pm in Portable Source Gear
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 3/31/14 at 11:51am in Portable Source Gear
- 24/96 Playback. Portability? Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso DX100, Colorfly C4 or Hifiman HM 801 Last post on 10/20/13 at 12:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable audiophile DAP with lots of avail disk space? Last post on 1/19/14 at 7:32pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Very strong and impactfull bass, great build quality. High input power. It is very sensible, has a very loud volume. Very good for DJ monitoring. Not confortable! Very fatiguing. It makes a...
HM-901 - Page 157
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ok... no, Ibasso have not got an updated model in mind and are standing by their Dx100 in defiance of the rest:
Good on them.
Give us the DSD support as bonus instead, pleeeeease
Corrected it for ya ;-). Already has but just dodgy with hiss and not supporting all DSD64 formats. However, I'm already concerned about it's performance without DSD support. CPU/mem upgrade would be nice.
As I see it, they should address, by order of priority (my priorities):
- Stability of the firmware...you still have anoying freezing or restarts from time to time
- Usability of tags in the UI. So far I am have to navigate by folder, too many bugs by album
- Have a decent playlist function
- Fix the DSD playback. I do not really care, but if it is there, it should work. Only thing is that with DSD, battery would last something like 10mn
I do not give a crappy crap about an EQ. The player sounds wonderfuls and sufficiently flat to my ears, and if earphones do not sound good with it, do not buy them is my motto...
But my main wish is that they would come up with a way to improve battery life.
Battery life using what card? People have to sure they're speaking on relevant terms with such a 'diverse' device.
Its a brilliant player regardless of the few set backs, have no doubt they'll get there with it all.
In re the EQ setting....
I am too cheap to buy another battery just to listen to 10min of music...
Should i get the iem card because i always bring a backup player in case 901 runs out of juice?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 37 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS55I vs Sennheiser HD429S for android phone .... 5 minutes ago
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones 6 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 9 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 10 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2