Recent Images In This Thread
- productColorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-901tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productQLS-HIFI QA350 V2+ SD Card WAV High Fidelity Music Player Portable player Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productTeclast T51tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: HiFi ET MA9 - a new reference level DAP Last post on 7/3/14 at 3:33pm in Portable Source Gear
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 3/31/14 at 11:51am in Portable Source Gear
- 24/96 Playback. Portability? Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso DX100, Colorfly C4 or Hifiman HM 801 Last post on 10/20/13 at 12:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable audiophile DAP with lots of avail disk space? Last post on 1/19/14 at 7:32pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
HM-901 - Page 155
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have been trying to put some sense into the ZX-1 SQ cos I have read comments saying that it falls between AK100 and AK120, whereas some people say it is on par with AK120....some comment said that PHA-2 is better...while a comment said a ibasso D12 is better... hifiman said it probably sounds worse than HM-700, LoL.. after the AK products, I am not so sure if price tag alone is a clear indication on where the product should be at...
I so want Sony suprises all of you 901 snobs in Dec... LoL
Anyway, I predict quite a few 901s will be up for sale in December .;-)
Even IEMs benefit from the 901. 1plus2 sounded very good with 901. ASG2 also. More so than they sounded on say the AK120 / 100 or DX50. Having enough juice for the big boys are just an added benefit to me. Too bad they won't allow balanced line out to desktop amps.
I'd only be willing to give up my balanced 901 for the zx1 if the zx1 can match or surprass the 901 in sq for ciems, but I have a gut feeling that it wont. But we shall see
Nope, no adjustable EQ
Ouch... can perhaps see where they'd want them to represent the actual recording as much as possible but for a high end DAP capable of revealing audio nuances an adjustable EQ would have been handy. That I can adjust the EQ is one of the reasons I like to invest in flat sounding headphones. CAn imagine there's some seriously dull/abrasive recordings waiting to be revealed through the device.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Grado Fan Club! 9 seconds ago
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 34 seconds ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 1 minute ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › Can someone help me with my buzzing problem? 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)