Recent Images In This Thread
- productColorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-901tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productQLS-HIFI QA350 V2+ SD Card WAV High Fidelity Music Player Portable player Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productTeclast T51tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: HiFi ET MA9 - a new reference level DAP Last post on 6/5/15 at 3:16pm in Portable Source Gear
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 3/31/14 at 11:51am in Portable Source Gear
- 24/96 Playback. Portability? Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso DX100, Colorfly C4 or Hifiman HM 801 Last post on 10/20/13 at 12:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable audiophile DAP with lots of avail disk space? Last post on 1/19/14 at 7:32pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
HM-901 - Page 155
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have been trying to put some sense into the ZX-1 SQ cos I have read comments saying that it falls between AK100 and AK120, whereas some people say it is on par with AK120....some comment said that PHA-2 is better...while a comment said a ibasso D12 is better... hifiman said it probably sounds worse than HM-700, LoL.. after the AK products, I am not so sure if price tag alone is a clear indication on where the product should be at...
I so want Sony suprises all of you 901 snobs in Dec... LoL
Anyway, I predict quite a few 901s will be up for sale in December .;-)
Even IEMs benefit from the 901. 1plus2 sounded very good with 901. ASG2 also. More so than they sounded on say the AK120 / 100 or DX50. Having enough juice for the big boys are just an added benefit to me. Too bad they won't allow balanced line out to desktop amps.
I'd only be willing to give up my balanced 901 for the zx1 if the zx1 can match or surprass the 901 in sq for ciems, but I have a gut feeling that it wont. But we shall see
Nope, no adjustable EQ
Ouch... can perhaps see where they'd want them to represent the actual recording as much as possible but for a high end DAP capable of revealing audio nuances an adjustable EQ would have been handy. That I can adjust the EQ is one of the reasons I like to invest in flat sounding headphones. CAn imagine there's some seriously dull/abrasive recordings waiting to be revealed through the device.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread just now
- › Headphone Sightings 2 19 seconds ago
- › Lite DAC60 - PCM1704 R2R tubed DAC Mod Project 25 seconds ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 38 seconds ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Meet Downtown Montreal 2015 AUGUST 30TH DATE CONFIRMED 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2