Recent Images In This Thread
- productColorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-901tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productQLS-HIFI QA350 V2+ SD Card WAV High Fidelity Music Player Portable player Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productTeclast T51tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: HiFi ET MA9 - a new reference level DAP Last post on 7/3/14 at 3:33pm in Portable Source Gear
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 3/31/14 at 11:51am in Portable Source Gear
- 24/96 Playback. Portability? Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso DX100, Colorfly C4 or Hifiman HM 801 Last post on 10/20/13 at 12:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable audiophile DAP with lots of avail disk space? Last post on 1/19/14 at 7:32pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/28/14
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
HM-901 - Page 155
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have been trying to put some sense into the ZX-1 SQ cos I have read comments saying that it falls between AK100 and AK120, whereas some people say it is on par with AK120....some comment said that PHA-2 is better...while a comment said a ibasso D12 is better... hifiman said it probably sounds worse than HM-700, LoL.. after the AK products, I am not so sure if price tag alone is a clear indication on where the product should be at...
I so want Sony suprises all of you 901 snobs in Dec... LoL
Anyway, I predict quite a few 901s will be up for sale in December .;-)
Even IEMs benefit from the 901. 1plus2 sounded very good with 901. ASG2 also. More so than they sounded on say the AK120 / 100 or DX50. Having enough juice for the big boys are just an added benefit to me. Too bad they won't allow balanced line out to desktop amps.
I'd only be willing to give up my balanced 901 for the zx1 if the zx1 can match or surprass the 901 in sq for ciems, but I have a gut feeling that it wont. But we shall see
Nope, no adjustable EQ
Ouch... can perhaps see where they'd want them to represent the actual recording as much as possible but for a high end DAP capable of revealing audio nuances an adjustable EQ would have been handy. That I can adjust the EQ is one of the reasons I like to invest in flat sounding headphones. CAn imagine there's some seriously dull/abrasive recordings waiting to be revealed through the device.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Is Sennheiser HD598 worth keeping? Or should I return it to Amazon... 1 minute ago
- › post your grado mods.... 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 2 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › HD600 vs DT990 Pro 5 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)