Recent Images In This Thread
- productColorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-901tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productQLS-HIFI QA350 V2+ SD Card WAV High Fidelity Music Player Portable player Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productTeclast T51tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: HiFi ET MA9 - a new reference level DAP Last post on 2/19/14 at 6:31am in Portable Source Gear
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 2/22/14 at 7:40am in Portable Source Gear
- 24/96 Playback. Portability? Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso DX100, Colorfly C4 or Hifiman HM 801 Last post on 10/20/13 at 12:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable audiophile DAP with lots of avail disk space? Last post on 1/19/14 at 7:32pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
Considering the poor review level here I felt I had to post a review: I spent some time checking reviews of these AKG K451 headphones, and found conflicting comments. What I can do is confirm...
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
HM-901 - Page 155post #2311 of 265810/6/13 at 9:55pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2312 of 265810/6/13 at 11:13pmQuote:
I have been trying to put some sense into the ZX-1 SQ cos I have read comments saying that it falls between AK100 and AK120, whereas some people say it is on par with AK120....some comment said that PHA-2 is better...while a comment said a ibasso D12 is better... hifiman said it probably sounds worse than HM-700, LoL.. after the AK products, I am not so sure if price tag alone is a clear indication on where the product should be at...post #2313 of 265810/7/13 at 3:25ampost #2314 of 265810/7/13 at 3:41ampost #2315 of 265810/7/13 at 4:43amThose more likely to use demanding headphones will probably stick with the 901 but those using iems and after the best sound on the move, like me, will likely switch allegiance.
Anyway, I predict quite a few 901s will be up for sale in December .;-)post #2316 of 265810/7/13 at 7:34amQuote:
Even IEMs benefit from the 901. 1plus2 sounded very good with 901. ASG2 also. More so than they sounded on say the AK120 / 100 or DX50. Having enough juice for the big boys are just an added benefit to me. Too bad they won't allow balanced line out to desktop amps.post #2317 of 265810/7/13 at 9:26ampost #2318 of 265810/7/13 at 11:08am
I'd only be willing to give up my balanced 901 for the zx1 if the zx1 can match or surprass the 901 in sq for ciems, but I have a gut feeling that it wont. But we shall seepost #2319 of 265810/7/13 at 11:22ampost #2320 of 265810/7/13 at 11:26ampost #2321 of 265810/8/13 at 4:35ampost #2322 of 265810/8/13 at 7:39ampost #2323 of 265810/8/13 at 7:43ampost #2324 of 265810/8/13 at 8:20am
Ouch... can perhaps see where they'd want them to represent the actual recording as much as possible but for a high end DAP capable of revealing audio nuances an adjustable EQ would have been handy. That I can adjust the EQ is one of the reasons I like to invest in flat sounding headphones. CAn imagine there's some seriously dull/abrasive recordings waiting to be revealed through the device.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite 7 seconds ago
- › Torn between picking Soundmagic E10 or Xiaomi Piston II 9 seconds ago
- › VentureCraft new DDC/DAC Go-DAP DD Socket 1 product 11 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 57 seconds ago
- › Onkyo TX-NR515 receiver as headphone amp? 59 seconds ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 1 minute ago
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by subwoofer
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude