- 319 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productColorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-901tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productQLS-HIFI QA350 V2+ SD Card WAV High Fidelity Music Player Portable player Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productTeclast T51tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: HiFi ET MA9 - a new reference level DAP Last post on 6/5/15 at 3:16pm in Portable Source Gear
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 3/31/14 at 11:51am in Portable Source Gear
- 24/96 Playback. Portability? Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso DX100, Colorfly C4 or Hifiman HM 801 Last post on 10/20/13 at 12:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable audiophile DAP with lots of avail disk space? Last post on 1/19/14 at 7:32pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
I own 3 High-end headphones ( HD 600, HD-650s, and HE 500s) and this amplifier does everything I want it to do. The headphones have been driven with authority, speed and transparency. The sound is...
Disclaimer: I would like to thank www.hifinage.com and Fidue for this review sample. I was supposed...
I received by LG for review purposes. Here are my thoughts are 6 weeks. Aesthetics. The unique ‘on-neck horse-shoe’ design is inconspicuous sits neatly and discreetly around the neck line....
Signature Acoustics C-12: The Elemental Underdog Woodies Company Background Audiophiles love music, especially when played from high quality audio products that contain several different...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank SoundMagic for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. If you live in US, they are currently available at a...
HM-901 - Page 151
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Both WAV & AIFF are un-compressed lossless PCM files which means they are perfect copies of the original data (music) with no processing or compression. They are identical in content (bits) so they should sound identical provided the correct SW is used to play them.
I really wished that would be the case.
I am not surprised firmware updates are so slow to come as they are apparently launching two new daps while their flagship remains buggy and has basic features not working or missing.
The more I listen to it the more I like the sound and the more I hate using it.
The 5-6 minutes it takes to rescan the SD card every time you turn it on is also bothering me.
I timed battery life and I got 5h40mn with the balanced amp and minimal use of the screen. That was using IEM with volume between 2 and 2.5. It is actually pretty good considering the two Sabre DAC chips and the balanced board, but very poor in the grand scheme of things.
I have high hope for the new Sony, which will hopefully make it easier for me to ditch the HM-901.
Edited by zenpunk - 9/26/13 at 3:03am
Which one you are talking about ? Low battery life looks like a sore point.
Hmmm, you guys talking about Sony DAP's....you know the kind with NO external memory slots.
@zenpunk: That will surely eliminate your re-scan issues, but it will ad a whole new level of inconvenience loading music. I bet it takes a whole lot longer to than 5-6 minutes to load new music via USB.
If there is one company that can do it, that is Sony. They have the resources, some of the best engineers, and have already developed quite a few outstanding products. Considering the many advantages the ZX1 has over the HM-901 it will have just to sound very nearly as good to convince me.
128Gb storage is what I have now in the HM-901 so the ZX1 will do fine.
The 901 is a pleasure to listen to but not very enjoyable device to use, sadly.
Try the EX1000 (only if you don't mind its low price).
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 11 seconds ago
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet Summer 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Rational reasons to love vinyl 2 minutes ago
- › Boston Meet? 4 minutes ago
- › Confused: Vinyl(Analog) vs Digital 6 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 8 minutes ago
- › iDAC2 is a coming - internal discussions 8 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 9 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)