- 261 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productColorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-901tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productQLS-HIFI QA350 V2+ SD Card WAV High Fidelity Music Player Portable player Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productTeclast T51tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- 24/96 Playback. Portability? Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso DX100, Colorfly C4 or Hifiman HM 801 Last post on 10/20/13 at 12:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- Help! Colorfly C4 pro and hifiman 901 which one is better? Last post on 10/24/13 at 2:29pm in Portable Source Gear
- WTB: Colorfly C4 32GB or Ibasso DX100 Last post on 9/12/13 at 10:18pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- xduoo X3-B High-end- DAP Last post on 9/24/13 at 6:59am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
Bass: solid, balanced and extended with excellent pitch. Can be Stygian and prodigious with the right recordings. Midrange: clear, coherent, tonally complex and saturated. Vocals are rendered with...
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
HM-901 - Page 151post #2251 of 25299/25/13 at 7:04pmWhich sounds better wav or aiff
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2252 of 25299/25/13 at 7:18pmpost #2253 of 25299/25/13 at 7:53pm
Both WAV & AIFF are un-compressed lossless PCM files which means they are perfect copies of the original data (music) with no processing or compression. They are identical in content (bits) so they should sound identical provided the correct SW is used to play them.post #2254 of 25299/25/13 at 11:43pmpost #2255 of 25299/26/13 at 12:00ampost #2256 of 25299/26/13 at 12:16amQuote:
I really wished that would be the case.
I am not surprised firmware updates are so slow to come as they are apparently launching two new daps while their flagship remains buggy and has basic features not working or missing.
The more I listen to it the more I like the sound and the more I hate using it.
The 5-6 minutes it takes to rescan the SD card every time you turn it on is also bothering me.
I timed battery life and I got 5h40mn with the balanced amp and minimal use of the screen. That was using IEM with volume between 2 and 2.5. It is actually pretty good considering the two Sabre DAC chips and the balanced board, but very poor in the grand scheme of things.
I have high hope for the new Sony, which will hopefully make it easier for me to ditch the HM-901.
Edited by zenpunk - 9/26/13 at 3:03ampost #2257 of 25299/26/13 at 12:50ampost #2258 of 25299/26/13 at 2:50amQuote:
Which one you are talking about ? Low battery life looks like a sore point.post #2259 of 25299/26/13 at 3:02ampost #2260 of 25299/26/13 at 5:50amQuote:
Hmmm, you guys talking about Sony DAP's....you know the kind with NO external memory slots.
@zenpunk: That will surely eliminate your re-scan issues, but it will ad a whole new level of inconvenience loading music. I bet it takes a whole lot longer to than 5-6 minutes to load new music via USB.post #2261 of 25299/26/13 at 8:58ampost #2262 of 25299/26/13 at 9:02ampost #2263 of 25299/26/13 at 10:27amQuote:
If there is one company that can do it, that is Sony. They have the resources, some of the best engineers, and have already developed quite a few outstanding products. Considering the many advantages the ZX1 has over the HM-901 it will have just to sound very nearly as good to convince me.
128Gb storage is what I have now in the HM-901 so the ZX1 will do fine.
The 901 is a pleasure to listen to but not very enjoyable device to use, sadly.post #2264 of 25299/26/13 at 11:09ampost #2265 of 25299/26/13 at 11:21amQuote:
Try the EX1000 (only if you don't mind its low price).
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 10 seconds ago
- › Ranking of 17 DACs and DAC Configurations 52 seconds ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) incoming... 1 minute ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 1 minute ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › I need to replace my earphone pads, help? 2 minutes ago
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude