New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HM-901 - Page 149

post #2221 of 2941

Yes I agree I also own a Fiio x3 and it plays faultless with emmbeded artwork. I norlmally use a folder.jpg for artwork when using the 901.

post #2222 of 2941
Question for any owners in the LA area: does anyone want to meet up somewhere and compare it with an rwak120b? I just got my ak120 modded from red wine and would love to hear how it compares with the 901 smily_headphones1.gif

PM me if interested!
post #2223 of 2941
If possible, please share some impressions on the board... After the comparisons..... Much obliged...
post #2224 of 2941
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSC View Post

Question for any owners in the LA area: does anyone want to meet up somewhere and compare it with an rwak120b? I just got my ak120 modded from red wine and would love to hear how it compares with the 901 smily_headphones1.gif

PM me if interested!

 

It's hard to compare the two because the rwak120b doesnt have a built in amp?

post #2225 of 2941
120s is line out only
120b is bal phone out
Correct?
post #2226 of 2941

sorry...  I checked RW facebook, it is both line out mod....

post #2227 of 2941
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

If you're using the same charger for both HM901s, then it seems the charger is the problem. If you have 2xHM-901s (assuming full package) then you should have another charger to try. Have you given that a shot?
 
I had 2xHM-901s, both with balanced amps. Both I didn't have problems, although the 1st HM-901 was in my ownership for less than 2 weeks, and it went to spkrs01 - of which, I didn't hear of him having any problems either.

Yes. 2nd unit of 901 with its own charger. Same thing happened. Right now I'm draining the battery by placing them at recovery mode and surprisingly it doesn't shut down like when I get to the homescreen or main menu.
post #2228 of 2941
Yep ak120b is amp only. What I'm interested in is comparing the dac sections, and so I'd use the same amp on both daps to isolate. I'd also like to compare the ak120b + pico slim amp to the straight up hm901, because both share similar levels of portability biggrin.gif
post #2229 of 2941

901's strong point is the bal amp card doing bal phone out.... beautiful sound..

I will go on a limb to say that the SQ coming out of the SE phone out from a bal card is really not that special.. maybe I need to try more cards...

LOD to amp I cannot comment bcos you cannot make use of the same grade interconnect thus may not be a fair comparison...
I have a speculation that the stock LOD is not of high quality,
thats just based on my experience of using the stock RE600 trrs to trs adapter which slighly degrades the audio signal to my iems

post #2230 of 2941
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSC View Post

Yep ak120b is amp only. What I'm interested in is comparing the dac sections, and so I'd use the same amp on both daps to isolate. I'd also like to compare the ak120b + pico slim amp to the straight up hm901, because both share similar levels of portability biggrin.gif

Fwiw I briefly listened to a AK120-S paired with a TU05 yesterday. This combo is a lot better than the ak120 stock (obviously doh!) but I won't say it is materially better than the 901+my discrete amp board (think a more mid centric and less spacious version of the balanced amp). Both are paired with single ended gold/silver cable with the 1plus2.

The 120S+TU05 has a warmer and very refined sound that is still very transparent, but loses out on note definition, layering, and imaging.

Both combos are absolutely gorgeous sounding and drives the 1plus2 very well. Seriously thinking to get the TU05 now.
Edited by kkcc - 9/23/13 at 9:03pm
post #2231 of 2941
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post


Seriously thinking to get the TU05 now.

 

I have been lurking on the TU05 summit-fi thread.... it is too much maintenance cost and effort for me......... (i only wish i have the money and time...)

post #2232 of 2941
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

Fwiw I briefly listened to a AK120-S paired with a TU05 yesterday. This combo is a lot better than the ak120 stock (obviously doh!) but I won't say it is materially better than the 901+my discrete amp board (think a more mid centric and less spacious version of the balanced amp). Both are paired with single ended gold/silver cable with the 1plus2.

The 120S+TU05 has a warmer and very refined sound that is still very transparent, but loses out on note definition, layering, and imaging.

Both combos are absolutely gorgeous sounding and drives the 1plus2 very well. Seriously thinking to get the TU05 now.

Thanks for the impressions! I've been listening to my rwak120s + pico slim set up with a pair of tralucent 1plus2's also, and generally speaking, I'm floored by how good portable audio has evolved. A couple times I've showed my setup to non-audiophile friends and their reactions are priceless!

If I'm going to knit pick which I think is fair given the price, I'd say my problems are that I still pick up sibilance on certain songs (the weeknd's "the morning") that I can't seem to get rid of through a copper cable or eq (I think the problem is inherent with the BAs used by the 1plus2s), and that its really easy to listen to music too loud because this system is amazingly capable of making music feel alive.

I'd love a chance to hear the 901 and compare to what I've been rocking since they seem so similar in terms of use... I'm looking forward to comparing and will post results biggrin.gif
post #2233 of 2941
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSC View Post

Thanks for the impressions! I've been listening to my rwak120s + pico slim set up with a pair of tralucent 1plus2's also, and generally speaking, I'm floored by how good portable audio has evolved. A couple times I've showed my setup to non-audiophile friends and their reactions are priceless!

If I'm going to knit pick which I think is fair given the price, I'd say my problems are that I still pick up sibilance on certain songs (the weeknd's "the morning") that I can't seem to get rid of through a copper cable or eq (I think the problem is inherent with the BAs used by the 1plus2s), and that its really easy to listen to music too loud because this system is amazingly capable of making music feel alive.

I'd love a chance to hear the 901 and compare to what I've been rocking since they seem so similar in terms of use... I'm looking forward to comparing and will post results biggrin.gif

You may want to sacrifice some portability and opt for a more refined amp for your sibilance issue as neither the ak120s nor 1p2 should give you too much problem in that. I no longer have the pico slim and didn't had 1p2 when I had so I am not sure how well they paired. Check out the mass kobo 385, excellent sounding pair with 1p2.

901 with upgraded amp board is also a good choice and seems like a deal for its price comparatively.
Edited by kkcc - 9/23/13 at 9:50pm
post #2234 of 2941
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

LOD to amp I cannot comment bcos you cannot make use of the same grade interconnect thus may not be a fair comparison...

FYI - we could get this LOD with female jack first

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=35016578836

Then go nuts with this interconnect, LOL

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=19604569207
post #2235 of 2941
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeteeyou View Post


FYI - we could get this LOD with female jack first

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=35016578836

Then go nuts with this interconnect, LOL

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=19604569207

nice... thanks for the pointer.:gs1000smile:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear