New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HM-901 - Page 142

post #2116 of 2943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm48324 View Post
 

I have not had any problems with my 901 and balanced card since day one. Isn't there anyone else who's unit is working great. I would like to get a count on the working units.

 

Mine is good. I had a defective charger, but that's been fixed.

post #2117 of 2943

How Long have you had the player - I guess the problem players could be a a later batch mine is only 7 days old and it's buggy to say the least.

post #2118 of 2943
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartsimpson6994 View Post
 

How Long have you had the player - I guess the problem players could be a a later batch mine is only 7 days old and it's buggy to say the least.

 

2 months

post #2119 of 2943
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartsimpson6994 View Post
 

How Long have you had the player - I guess the problem players could be a a later batch mine is only 7 days old and it's buggy to say the least.

 

I got mine 8-26-13.

post #2120 of 2943

All those very different issues are quite weird. Mine plays m4a files without problems. I am actually surprised it supports so many formats, ogg seems to be the  only one that didn't work for me but I only have a couple of albums.

Somehow I doubt those issues are firmware related.

I got mine straight from Head-Direct and only paid £20 import tax. :D

post #2121 of 2943

I finally got my unit (w Balanced amp), and it behaves fine so far. It was bought directly from Head-Direct / HiFiMan in China (middle of July) and brought to me here in Norway. Sound is simply amazing with HE-6.

 

With that super-heavy-to-drive-headphone I can actually get a decent volume - and still with the crazy sensitive SM3 (124dB) I can even get a quite low level. That's a huge volume adjustment range!

post #2122 of 2943

i noticed that the 2nd newer unit that was sent to me seemed to be a little different from the initial set i received. For the newer unit, the volume dial is noticeably harder to turn and i seemed to like the initial set better as it also felt and looked better. 

The printing on the paper foil on the battery seemed to also have been changed. The design of the body behind the battery also seemed to have changed. While my initial thoughts about the first set was that it was built like a tank and looked like a good product, the changes seem to be a small step backwards.

 

 

I would actually be glad if i just had some of your issues with regards to certain file formats not playing in exchange for all the hardware rubbish issues. Although it is working now again, i must admit i am not even 50% sure if the set would operate as intended till the end of the week, given that i am using the older problematic set.

post #2123 of 2943

I am also contemplating in buying the external charger and bypass the use of the chargers given to me. Any idea if the external charger takes a usb plug charge? or through ac again?

post #2124 of 2943

Has anyone got there 901 dock to mini interconnect cable re-cabled by any of the cable makers?

post #2125 of 2943
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post
 

Has anyone got there 901 dock to mini interconnect cable re-cabled by any of the cable makers?

But there is one in the package...you mean to get a better one? Did you get your NT6 pro yet ? Does it pair well with 901?

post #2126 of 2943
The one comes with is lod with rca red and white jack and coaxial jack
The lod to mini 3.5mm costs 40usd LoL
But true to head fi spirit we need aftermarket silver/gold lod
post #2127 of 2943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post
 

But there is one in the package...you mean to get a better one? Did you get your NT6 pro yet ? Does it pair well with 901?

 

Yeah I want a better one :D Don't want to connect 901 to wagnus epsilon s with some cheap quality interconnect hahaha
The NT6 pro should be coming in sometime next week. The DHC Fusion hopefully will be here in a month. 

post #2128 of 2943
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post
 

 

Yeah I want a better one :D Don't want to connect 901 to wagnus epsilon s with some cheap quality interconnect hahaha
The NT6 pro should be coming in sometime next week. The DHC Fusion hopefully will be here in a month. 

hows the synergy with wagnus? possible to share some impressions.. balance amp card is pretty awesome already..

post #2129 of 2943
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

hows the synergy with wagnus? possible to share some impressions.. balance amp card is pretty awesome already..

 

Not here yet  :(  It is even on back-order in Japan. It will be at least a  few months until it gets here hahahha. The reason I got this amp is because when I used the he400s with the 901, I felt the bass lacked sufficient control and slam, but then again the 901 wasn't meant to drive something like the he400s, it is meant for iems.

post #2130 of 2943
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post
 

 

Not here yet  :(  It is even on back-order in Japan. It will be at least a  few months until it gets here hahahha. The reason I got this amp is because when I used the he400s with the 901, I felt the bass lacked sufficient control and slam, but then again the 901 wasn't meant to drive something like the he400s, it is meant for iems.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsHP View Post
 

I finally got my unit (w Balanced amp), and it behaves fine so far. It was bought directly from Head-Direct / HiFiMan in China (middle of July) and brought to me here in Norway. Sound is simply amazing with HE-6.

 

With that super-heavy-to-drive-headphone I can actually get a decent volume - and still with the crazy sensitive SM3 (124dB) I can even get a quite low level. That's a huge volume adjustment range!

 

Not good enough for HE-400 but sounds great with HE-6  :confused:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear