New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HM-901 - Page 15

post #211 of 2764
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdriver View Post


At that price wouldn't the box have to be a Toyota Yaris?


biggrin.gif
post #212 of 2764
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdriver View Post


At that price wouldn't the box have to be a Toyota Yaris?

 

I would gladly take a brand new car at that price. 

post #213 of 2764
Sorry I don't know yen. So how much usd is that? Looks like its super expensive though by looking at the number of digits
post #214 of 2764
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon View Post

Sorry I don't know yen. So how much usd is that? Looks like its super expensive though by looking at the number of digits


I was just being silly. It's 16,000 dollars. A Toyota Yaris can be had for about 15,000 dollars, so it would make a good "box" for a player I personally don't plan to pay much over 1000 dollars (if I get it at all).

post #215 of 2764
16000? LOL I'm definitely going with the ibasso dx100 then because its like 17 times cheaper? LOL what the hell... dap for 16000 bucks. Like the movie 300 said, "this is madness!!!"
post #216 of 2764
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon View Post

16000? LOL I'm definitely going with the ibasso dx100 then because its like 17 times cheaper? LOL what the hell... dap for 16000 bucks. Like the movie 300 said, "this is madness!!!"


I think there is an "audiophile premium" that's worth resenting, however,  I fully suspect that the final production price of the HM-901 will be competitive with other hi-rez players (like the DX100).

post #217 of 2764
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdriver View Post


I think there is an "audiophile premium" that's worth resenting, however,  I fully suspect that the final production price of the HM-901 will be competitive with other hi-rez players (like the DX100).

Well how much better can it be to the dx100 if any sound improvement at all? $16000 I can get a full stax sr009+amp system lol
post #218 of 2764
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon View Post


Well how much better can it be to the dx100 if any sound improvement at all? $16000 I can get a full stax sr009+amp system lol


You have to account for the placebo-tax & brokerage troll fees ;).

post #219 of 2764

Can I get in on the joke? 99,000 yen = $1200 what's so funny about that, other than it's more than the iBasso.

 

On the other hand this not cool:

 

 

Can you say: "Snap my door off". Not liking the 'plastic fantastic' look of a $20 chinese radio. I thought he couldn't put in a 1/4" headphone jack because it took up too much space but instead they found room for a full size SD card instead of a Micro. What's up with that???

post #220 of 2764

Yeah it kinda does look like cheap plastic from the pics. The pics may not be doing it justice in real life though. But yeah I don't like how it really looks either. I thought it was gonna be $999.99? (that is what Fang said in his video demo of it). That's a nice hike in price. Almost and extra $400.00 over the DX100 lmao.
 

post #221 of 2764
Even at 1200 bucks they better sound good because iriver ak100 and ibasso dx100 are both cheaper, I also don't like the look of hm901 and the fact that it doesn't have 1/4 headphone input. About the SD card slots, do SD cards hold more memory or are they in any way superior to the micro?
post #222 of 2764
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon View Post

Even at 1200 bucks they better sound good because iriver ak100 and ibasso dx100 are both cheaper, I also don't like the look of hm901 and the fact that it doesn't have 1/4 headphone input. About the SD card slots, do SD cards hold more memory or are they in any way superior to the micro?

Well, all I can presume at this point is that it will be priced somewhere in the neighborhood of the older model HM-801 (of course the IE8 +IE80=IE800 price-wise-almost-so grain of salt).

 

Sound-wise, who knows? We will just have to wait and (see?) hear. Can 2 Sabre DAC be implemented to sound better than one? Can it produce a super-soundstage that's both deep and wide? Will it pair well with earphones that can take advantage with its capabilities? Who knows at this point?

 

Value-wise, again, who knows? I would place extra value on a device that simply worked like my TV (it does one thing and it does it well). I need the battery to last 10 hours of a 12 hour work day (the longer the better).

 

An SD card is physically bigger so there's a little bit of a size-to-capacity price ratio. I think you can get a Kingston 128gb SD for $84. I don't even think they make micro-SD cards of that size. But if they did,  it would be a lot more expensive.

post #223 of 2764
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

Yeah it kinda does look like cheap plastic from the pics. The pics may not be doing it justice in real life though. But yeah I don't like how it really looks either. I thought it was gonna be $999.99? (that is what Fang said in his video demo of it). That's a nice hike in price. Almost and extra $400.00 over the DX100 lmao.
 

 

I wouldn't be surprised if it hit North American shores at a price lower than an import. 

 

Also, as I have said before, that thing fell off the ugly tree, and got smacked by every branch on its way to landing in a pool of ugly. Then they looked at that design and said, "this thing looks WAY too good, let's add a growth above the screen."

 

And this is coming from someone that actually thought the 60X and 801 looked cool. Sound matters more, though.

 

And I didn't realize they said they didn't have room for a 1/4 inch headphone out. Are you kidding? You can tell how big it is by looking at everything else relative to the SD card slot. I actually really like that it's a full size SD, because you get more space for less with them. But there is room for a 1/4" jack on that thing. 

 

Any way, good to see it on sale somewhere, so it's not vaporware any more? 

post #224 of 2764
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon View Post

About the SD card slots, do SD cards hold more memory or are they in any way superior to the micro?

 

As of today standard SD cards can be had in a 128GB size. MicroSD's up to 64GB. One can assume that down the road their capacities will go up....to a point maybe 1-2T, but the price goes up exponentially as they get bigger. Other than that they both work the same, the Standard is just 4X bigger.

post #225 of 2764

I just saw what the problem with the price translation was. It should have been Japanese Yen instead of Chinese Yuan. I just put what was on the site into the translator.  And $1200 is still a bit steep.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear