- 1,897 Posts. Joined 12/2011
- Location: california
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productColorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-901tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productQLS-HIFI QA350 V2+ SD Card WAV High Fidelity Music Player Portable player Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productTeclast T51tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: HiFi ET MA9 - a new reference level DAP Last post on 2/19/14 at 6:31am in Portable Source Gear
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 3/31/14 at 11:51am in Portable Source Gear
- 24/96 Playback. Portability? Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso DX100, Colorfly C4 or Hifiman HM 801 Last post on 10/20/13 at 12:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable audiophile DAP with lots of avail disk space? Last post on 1/19/14 at 7:32pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
HM-901 - Page 13post #181 of 275511/28/12 at 4:34amBTW how do you put dx100 with t1? I use rubber band to band my iPod classic to the e17 but dx100 is touch screen, how do you do that?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 275511/28/12 at 4:38amQuote:
Just make sure the rubber band isn't too wide and you should be able to have it just above the DX100s touch buttons (not physical buttons but the act as buttons) and it won't block the screen either. I have it set up that way. Before I use to use the DX100 without its rubber case so I just used velcro to fasten them together That was the best method IMO but now I can't do it because the velcro won't stick to the rubber case lol.
Edited by lee730 - 11/28/12 at 4:39ampost #183 of 275511/28/12 at 9:21ampost #184 of 275511/28/12 at 9:32ampost #185 of 275511/28/12 at 1:00pmpost #186 of 275511/28/12 at 2:05pmQuote:
No I ordered that from Japan. I had someone help me import it over though so uless you find a headfier to help you in that regard you'll have to pay tenso.com to export it over. If you drop the DX100 though you could still ding the case I think. The cover is more so to prevent scratching. At least that is what I gathered from AnakChans comments.post #187 of 275511/30/12 at 7:38pmpost #188 of 275512/1/12 at 10:44amQuote:Originally Posted by lee730
No I ordered that from Japan. I had someone help me import it over though so uless you find a headfier to help you in that regard you'll have to pay tenso.com to export it over. If you drop the DX100 though you could still ding the case I think. The cover is more so to prevent scratching. At least that is what I gathered from AnakChans comments.
OK thanks, BTW if I'm going to pair t1 with a headphone that has a peak (my z1000, it can sound fatiguing at times), do you think it will be a nice combo? because you said the t1 is brighter than the dx100 internal amp.post #189 of 275512/1/12 at 10:54amQuote:Originally Posted by seeteeyou
Sasaki posted some impressions with nice pictures taken for the pre-production unit
Thanks I read a bit of Chinese. The second link was useful, thank you.post #190 of 275512/1/12 at 2:40pmQuote:
Honestly I don't have any issues on my Sony MDR-7550s but you could always use EQ as the DX100 actually uses EQ in the digital domain meaning it will also affect the LO. So this offers some versatility although I won't be surprised if it is not necessary.post #191 of 275512/2/12 at 11:36pm
ok the iriver ak100 is out and is currently selling on alo audio. the ibasso dx100 is also selling and is no longer out of production. now we just have to wait for the hifiman hm901 to come out for a 3 way comparison.post #192 of 275512/3/12 at 12:20amQuote:
Good luck on that one. They said now around January. You're gonna grow old by the time it comes out ;).post #193 of 275512/3/12 at 1:53amQuote:
im actually planning to buy in january. i dont have enough money for the dx100 yet but if i want to get the ak100, i can buy it this month.post #194 of 275512/3/12 at 2:17pmpost #195 of 275512/3/12 at 2:44pmQuote:
i disagree, dx100 is undoubtedly a competitor to the hm901. so why limits the talk? not only the dx100, the iriver ak100, i also think it can be discussed over here for the sake of comparison.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Can Con 4! Sydney, Australia Meet! 8 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 28 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 1 minute ago
- › The Perth, Western Australia Head-Fi Meet Thread 1 minute ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 1 minute ago
- › Tube warmth and distortion and it's pros 2 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area mini-meet 2 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob