- 1,894 Posts. Joined 12/2011
- Location: california
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productColorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productHiFiMAN HM-901tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productQLS-HIFI QA350 V2+ SD Card WAV High Fidelity Music Player Portable player Blacktagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
- productTeclast T51tagged by dbsaffor, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: HiFi ET MA9 - a new reference level DAP Last post on 2/19/14 at 6:31am in Portable Source Gear
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 2/22/14 at 7:40am in Portable Source Gear
- 24/96 Playback. Portability? Last post on 7/22/12 at 4:13pm in Portable Source Gear
- Ibasso DX100, Colorfly C4 or Hifiman HM 801 Last post on 10/20/13 at 12:45pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable audiophile DAP with lots of avail disk space? Last post on 1/19/14 at 7:32pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
HM-901 - Page 13post #181 of 265511/28/12 at 4:34amBTW how do you put dx100 with t1? I use rubber band to band my iPod classic to the e17 but dx100 is touch screen, how do you do that?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 265511/28/12 at 4:38amQuote:
Just make sure the rubber band isn't too wide and you should be able to have it just above the DX100s touch buttons (not physical buttons but the act as buttons) and it won't block the screen either. I have it set up that way. Before I use to use the DX100 without its rubber case so I just used velcro to fasten them together That was the best method IMO but now I can't do it because the velcro won't stick to the rubber case lol.
Edited by lee730 - 11/28/12 at 4:39ampost #183 of 265511/28/12 at 9:21ampost #184 of 265511/28/12 at 9:32ampost #185 of 265511/28/12 at 1:00pmpost #186 of 265511/28/12 at 2:05pmQuote:
No I ordered that from Japan. I had someone help me import it over though so uless you find a headfier to help you in that regard you'll have to pay tenso.com to export it over. If you drop the DX100 though you could still ding the case I think. The cover is more so to prevent scratching. At least that is what I gathered from AnakChans comments.post #187 of 265511/30/12 at 7:38pmpost #188 of 265512/1/12 at 10:44amQuote:Originally Posted by lee730
No I ordered that from Japan. I had someone help me import it over though so uless you find a headfier to help you in that regard you'll have to pay tenso.com to export it over. If you drop the DX100 though you could still ding the case I think. The cover is more so to prevent scratching. At least that is what I gathered from AnakChans comments.
OK thanks, BTW if I'm going to pair t1 with a headphone that has a peak (my z1000, it can sound fatiguing at times), do you think it will be a nice combo? because you said the t1 is brighter than the dx100 internal amp.post #189 of 265512/1/12 at 10:54amQuote:Originally Posted by seeteeyou
Sasaki posted some impressions with nice pictures taken for the pre-production unit
Thanks I read a bit of Chinese. The second link was useful, thank you.post #190 of 265512/1/12 at 2:40pmQuote:
Honestly I don't have any issues on my Sony MDR-7550s but you could always use EQ as the DX100 actually uses EQ in the digital domain meaning it will also affect the LO. So this offers some versatility although I won't be surprised if it is not necessary.post #191 of 265512/2/12 at 11:36pm
ok the iriver ak100 is out and is currently selling on alo audio. the ibasso dx100 is also selling and is no longer out of production. now we just have to wait for the hifiman hm901 to come out for a 3 way comparison.post #192 of 265512/3/12 at 12:20amQuote:
Good luck on that one. They said now around January. You're gonna grow old by the time it comes out ;).post #193 of 265512/3/12 at 1:53amQuote:
im actually planning to buy in january. i dont have enough money for the dx100 yet but if i want to get the ak100, i can buy it this month.post #194 of 265512/3/12 at 2:17pmpost #195 of 265512/3/12 at 2:44pmQuote:
i disagree, dx100 is undoubtedly a competitor to the hm901. so why limits the talk? not only the dx100, the iriver ak100, i also think it can be discussed over here for the sake of comparison.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 7 seconds ago
- › SUPERLUX HD-330 VS HD-668B ! Little Review. 17 seconds ago
- › Altmann Tera Player — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion 33 seconds ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › One of the Most Iconic Artists of All Time in Pristine... 3 minutes ago
- › First Post! KSC75 drivers.....in a HD555 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 with Headphile Mods and extra cables 3 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 5 minutes ago
- › Anyone interested in the subgenre of Shoegaze? 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by gelocks
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude