New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HM-901 - Page 112

post #1666 of 3191

formatted it as fat32, ok will give it a try

post #1667 of 3191

HM-901 reads exFAT, so there is no reason to use FAT32.

Formatting a 128GB card to FAT32 might make things slower and maybe even cause problems...

 

I would try reformatting to exFAT and then see how it works.

post #1668 of 3191
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsHP View Post

HM-901 reads exFAT, so there is no reason to use FAT32.

Formatting a 128GB card to FAT32 might make things slower and maybe even cause problems...

 

I would try reformatting to exFAT and then see how it works.

 

Actually there is a reason. When you're upgrading, the update.zip needs to be copied to a FAT32 formatted SDCard. At least in my experience in Recovery mode, the HM-901 does not read exFAT.

 

Edit: But in recovery mode, I just use a different FAT32 card. For normal operation my music files are put in an ExFAT formatted SDCard. So I have 2 cards.

post #1669 of 3191

I know. When I said no reason to format to FAT32, I was thinking of his problems playing music. As you say - it is solved by using another FAT32 card for updating the firmware.

post #1670 of 3191

FYI - the same $49 official battery charging dock should be available from HiFiMAN in China for roughly 25 bucks

 

http://mytaofocus.com/item.php?id=27051380352

 

http://www.bhiner.com/index.php?mode=Search&skey=http%3A%2F%2Fitem.taobao.com%2Fitem.htm%3Fid%3D27051380352

 

For those of us with the skills and balls for a challenge, we could look for Samsung AA-E8 for charger mod

 

wWKt783.jpg

 

zjvq3KY.jpg

post #1671 of 3191

do you guys feel the RE-600 worth the purchase?
 

post #1672 of 3191
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerX View Post

I just bought the HM901 (standard card) a few days ago with the RE600. I paired it up with a 128gb PNY SDXC. The card is almost full, maybe about 5 gig or so left of free space. However, the device keeps restarting and the spinning thing keeps appearing when it boots. Can never get past 2 songs before the device restarts again. I tried removing all non-relevant audio files but it still keeps restarting. Any of you have any idea what is going on?
I had the same problem. In my case it solve formatting the card to exFat. I have non audio files and since reformatted the reboot circle stopped but I'm gonna look for undesirable behavior on the playback on the folders that contains them.
post #1673 of 3191
Quote:
Originally Posted by fermelom View Post

I had the same problem. In my case it solve formatting the card to exFat. I have non audio files and since reformatted the reboot circle stopped but I'm gonna look for undesirable behavior on the playback on the folders that contains them.

My change do either of you have CUE support on?
post #1674 of 3191
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

do you guys feel the RE-600 worth the purchase?
 

 

I mostly share impression posted by brunk earlier.  Personally I ranked RE600 very highly among my collection just behind TG334 and 1p2.  However, I seldom recommend RE600 to others for the following reasons:

 

1.  It is a very NON consumer type sound.  There won't be any of these impactful bass/lush mids/spicy treble that wow people on first listen/demo.

2.  It perform significantly better balanced, and with the 901+balance amp board

3.  Cable is non replaceable and I don't like it's build quality, ergonomics is also just acceptable when wearing over the ear. (tho it's small and good for sleeping with them in your ears)

 

The merit/value for this to me is how accurate it reproduce the live environment of the recordings.  Very seldom I feel I'm really listening to live sound but I feel that when using the RE600 especially with well recorded classical music.  It doesn't have the massive soundstage of 1p2 or even EX1000, but it feels real as in an properly acoustically treated auditorium/concert hall.  Layering and imaging is also excellent.  Best part of it is the instrument timbre.  They all sound as life-like as IEM/headphone goes.  Same goes for vocal performances.  Voices are transparent and real.  Not too lush too sweet, not too thin or shrill either, just real.   For studio/electronically mixed tracks, it performs well and on par but not surpassing others in similar price range like the W4R.  

 

Definitely not a phone for everyone, and many may even find it meh and prefer the much cheaper $99 RE400 especially when not paired with 901+balance board.

 

My 2c

post #1675 of 3191
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

I mostly share impression posted by brunk earlier.  Personally I ranked RE600 very highly among my collection just behind TG334 and 1p2.  However, I seldom recommend RE600 to others for the following reasons:

1.  It is a very NON consumer type sound.  There won't be any of these impactful bass/lush mids/spicy treble that wow people on first listen/demo.
2.  It perform significantly better balanced, and with the 901+balance amp board
3.  Cable is non replaceable and I don't like it's build quality, ergonomics is also just acceptable when wearing over the ear. (tho it's small and good for sleeping with them in your ears)

The merit/value for this to me is how accurate it reproduce the live environment of the recordings.  Very seldom I feel I'm really listening to live sound but I feel that when using the RE600 especially with well recorded classical music.  It doesn't have the massive soundstage of 1p2 or even EX1000, but it feels real as in an properly acoustically treated auditorium/concert hall.  Layering and imaging is also excellent.  Best part of it is the instrument timbre.  They all sound as life-like as IEM/headphone goes.  
Same goes for vocal performances.  Voices are transparent and real.  Not too lush too sweet, not too thin or shrill either, just real.   For studio/electronically 
mixed tracks, it performs well and on par but not surpassing others in similar price range like the W4R.  


Definitely not a phone for everyone, and many may even find it meh and prefer the much cheaper $99 RE400 especially when not paired with 901+balance board.


My 2c

Thanks, i was thinking to skip re-600 and use the money for purchasing cables to work with balance card instead... Your comment seems to confirm just that.. Its now just some background research, as i still need to burn in the dx50 for a while
post #1676 of 3191
Fwiw, especially run balanced, it has a far greater wow factor than for example my um3x. So it's not like these are purely for reference listeners.
post #1677 of 3191
I believe u guys have heard of heir 5.0 which its sound signature is what i love, but not so much for asg-2.. Which is more similar to re-600?
post #1678 of 3191

Could someone remind me if they found a good TRRS to 3.5 adapter? On taobao if possible.

post #1679 of 3191
Suggestion for those of you who just got a HM-901 and want to burn it in. Remove the battery, insert the charger, hold the on/off switch in the UP position until it begins the boot up process, it could take 10-20 seconds. You should be good to go.
post #1680 of 3191
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsHP View Post

HM-901 reads exFAT, so there is no reason to use FAT32.

Formatting a 128GB card to FAT32 might make things slower and maybe even cause problems...

 

I would try reformatting to exFAT and then see how it works.

 

I removed some of my mp3's and formatted it as exFAT, the reboot problem seems to have gone away , playing my third album consecutively without rebooting. Thank you so much for your advice! :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear