Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › So my Ultrasone Signature Pros just arrived ;)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

So my Ultrasone Signature Pros just arrived ;) - Page 3

post #31 of 46
 I just got my sig pros today and i'm noticing a prominent lack of bass. They make my hd650's seem bass heavy. Has anyone else had this problem?
post #32 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdawg3234 View Post


I would consider returning your Sig Pro's or at least comparing them with a pair from another batch, it sounds like there may be something wrong with your pair?
post #33 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by m2man View Post

So what is the sound signature like after these have totally broken in?

Hey,

Very late reply here, I have since moved from New Zealand to Australia!
They are very well broken in now, as someone who constantly changes / upgrades / purchases new gear - I'm not even considering changing from the Sig Pro's.
I'm really enjoying them, we had a audiophile night a few weeks ago and some mates brought over various headphones and amps to try out.
Most of us agree'd the Sig Pro's were the most enjoyable can's on the day - especially when paired with an Objective2 + ODAC or Objective2 + HRT MS II.

We had quite a number of headphones, LCD2, Q701's, PS-1000s, SR325i's, some others I can't remember.
It was a really fun night, I'd recommend anyone to have one at some point.
post #34 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammcj View Post


I would consider returning your Sig Pro's or at least comparing them with a pair from another batch, it sounds like there may be something wrong with your pair?

i'm thinking the same thing. I keep hearing everyone say these are bass heavy so I was surprised to hear these.

post #35 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdawg3234 View Post

i'm thinking the same thing. I keep hearing everyone say these are bass heavy so I was surprised to hear these.

you're welcome to fly over to Aussie and try mine tongue.gif
post #36 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammcj View Post


you're welcome to fly over to Aussie and try mine tongue.gif

ha ha ha. If i'm ever in your neighborhood i wouldn't mind stopping by.

post #37 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdawg3234 View Post

ha ha ha. If i'm ever in your neighborhood i wouldn't mind stopping by.

i also noticed that they use the same connector going into the cup as the beats pro. 

post #38 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdawg3234 View Post
 


While they could be bassier for my personal taste, I find they offer plenty of deep, satisfying, impactful and accurate bass.

post #39 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


While they could be bassier for my personal taste, I find they offer plenty of deep, satisfying, impactful and accurate bass.

For me, if they had any more bass I'd be saying they were bass-heavy / un-neutral and would probably give me a headache.
What kind of Amp are you using yours with?
post #40 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammcj View Post


For me, if they had any more bass I'd be saying they were bass-heavy / un-neutral and would probably give me a headache.
What kind of Amp are you using yours with?


I don't own them, but did audition for awhile.  I used with my Fiio E11 and the bass was solid and tight with bass boost on 2.   I am looking into purchasing the upcoming Signature DJ as it will have more bass, but want to first make sure it doesn't have the harsh highs of lesser Ultrasones.

post #41 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammcj View Post


For me, if they had any more bass I'd be saying they were bass-heavy / un-neutral and would probably give me a headache.
What kind of Amp are you using yours with?

woo wa6se but i also tried it in my portable rig ( HP-P1 )

Don't get me wrong they sound great but when i read how bass heavy they are it brings up some concerns for me.

post #42 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdawg3234 View Post

woo wa6se but i also tried it in my portable rig ( HP-P1 )

Don't get me wrong they sound great but when i read how bass heavy they are it brings up some concerns for me.


The Signature Pro might be the best sounding closed portable headphone ever made, but it is not considered by most to be a basshead can.  For example, if an Audio Technica PRO700MK2 and M-Audio Q40 are a 10 on the basshead scale, the Sig Pro is about a 7.  Look into Signature DJ for a potential summit-fi basshead can.

post #43 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


The Signature Pro might be the best sounding closed portable headphone ever made, but it is not considered by most to be a basshead can.  For example, if an Audio Technica PRO700MK2 and M-Audio Q40 are a 10 on the basshead scale, the Sig Pro is about a 7.  Look into Signature DJ for a potential summit-fi basshead can.

wouldn't consider myself a basshead at all. I'm starting to become accustomed to them and they are sounding better and better. There was just a noticeable difference in bass. Or maybe it was the brightness of them throwing me off. Also could have been me trying to find something wrong with em. 

post #44 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdawg3234 View Post

wouldn't consider myself a basshead at all. I'm starting to become accustomed to them and they are sounding better and better. There was just a noticeable difference in bass. Or maybe it was the brightness of them throwing me off. Also could have been me trying to find something wrong with em. 


Yes, the high end there and detailed, but I did not find it harsh at all.  Enjoy!

post #45 of 46

Ok Ok So I just spend way too much of my time researching the sig pros and I just talked to a few ultrasone reps who assured me that these cans were never intended to be bass heavy, they are actually designed in the opposite direction. With emphasis placed on the mid to high range. 

  I was also told that their "bass heavy" models are only the pro 900s and the new sig DJs.

 

Moral of the story hear?  Some individuals here on head-fi either don't know what they're talking about or they need more experience before stating their opinions as facts.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › So my Ultrasone Signature Pros just arrived ;)