- 382 Posts. Joined 6/2012
- Location: Metro Detroit area
- Select All Posts By This User
- productGrado GS1000tagged by System, 4/16/12
- productHRT Music Streamer II High Resolution USB D/A Convertertagged by System, 4/16/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 4/16/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 4/16/12
- productUltrasone Signature Protagged by System, 4/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Whats a good amp/ usb DAC for DT990 pro 60ohms? Last post on 11/26/12 at 12:35pm in Computer Audio
- Please suggest a DAC + Amp for my brand new HE-400 Last post on 12/4/12 at 8:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- new in the game, colplete set-up. Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:31am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need some help Last post on 9/23/12 at 10:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help Last post on 9/23/12 at 6:54pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
So my Ultrasone Signature Pros just arrived ;) - Page 3post #31 of 469/21/12 at 6:14pmI just got my sig pros today and i'm noticing a prominent lack of bass. They make my hd650's seem bass heavy. Has anyone else had this problem?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 469/21/12 at 6:17pmThread Starter
I would consider returning your Sig Pro's or at least comparing them with a pair from another batch, it sounds like there may be something wrong with your pair?post #33 of 469/21/12 at 6:21pmThread StarterQuote:
Very late reply here, I have since moved from New Zealand to Australia!
They are very well broken in now, as someone who constantly changes / upgrades / purchases new gear - I'm not even considering changing from the Sig Pro's.
I'm really enjoying them, we had a audiophile night a few weeks ago and some mates brought over various headphones and amps to try out.
Most of us agree'd the Sig Pro's were the most enjoyable can's on the day - especially when paired with an Objective2 + ODAC or Objective2 + HRT MS II.
We had quite a number of headphones, LCD2, Q701's, PS-1000s, SR325i's, some others I can't remember.
It was a really fun night, I'd recommend anyone to have one at some point.post #34 of 469/21/12 at 6:21pmQuote:
i'm thinking the same thing. I keep hearing everyone say these are bass heavy so I was surprised to hear these.post #35 of 469/21/12 at 6:22pmThread StarterQuote:
you're welcome to fly over to Aussie and try minepost #36 of 469/21/12 at 6:24pmpost #37 of 469/21/12 at 6:25pmQuote:
i also noticed that they use the same connector going into the cup as the beats pro.post #38 of 469/21/12 at 6:38pmpost #39 of 469/21/12 at 6:42pmThread StarterQuote:
For me, if they had any more bass I'd be saying they were bass-heavy / un-neutral and would probably give me a headache.
What kind of Amp are you using yours with?post #40 of 469/21/12 at 6:50pmQuote:
I don't own them, but did audition for awhile. I used with my Fiio E11 and the bass was solid and tight with bass boost on 2. I am looking into purchasing the upcoming Signature DJ as it will have more bass, but want to first make sure it doesn't have the harsh highs of lesser Ultrasones.post #41 of 469/21/12 at 6:51pmQuote:
woo wa6se but i also tried it in my portable rig ( HP-P1 )
Don't get me wrong they sound great but when i read how bass heavy they are it brings up some concerns for me.post #42 of 469/21/12 at 7:01pmQuote:
The Signature Pro might be the best sounding closed portable headphone ever made, but it is not considered by most to be a basshead can. For example, if an Audio Technica PRO700MK2 and M-Audio Q40 are a 10 on the basshead scale, the Sig Pro is about a 7. Look into Signature DJ for a potential summit-fi basshead can.post #43 of 469/21/12 at 7:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by Craigster75
The Signature Pro might be the best sounding closed portable headphone ever made, but it is not considered by most to be a basshead can. For example, if an Audio Technica PRO700MK2 and M-Audio Q40 are a 10 on the basshead scale, the Sig Pro is about a 7. Look into Signature DJ for a potential summit-fi basshead can.
wouldn't consider myself a basshead at all. I'm starting to become accustomed to them and they are sounding better and better. There was just a noticeable difference in bass. Or maybe it was the brightness of them throwing me off. Also could have been me trying to find something wrong with em.post #44 of 469/21/12 at 7:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Rawdawg3234
wouldn't consider myself a basshead at all. I'm starting to become accustomed to them and they are sounding better and better. There was just a noticeable difference in bass. Or maybe it was the brightness of them throwing me off. Also could have been me trying to find something wrong with em.
Yes, the high end there and detailed, but I did not find it harsh at all. Enjoy!post #45 of 469/25/12 at 5:55pm
Ok Ok So I just spend way too much of my time researching the sig pros and I just talked to a few ultrasone reps who assured me that these cans were never intended to be bass heavy, they are actually designed in the opposite direction. With emphasis placed on the mid to high range.
I was also told that their "bass heavy" models are only the pro 900s and the new sig DJs.
Moral of the story hear? Some individuals here on head-fi either don't know what they're talking about or they need more experience before stating their opinions as facts.
- So my Ultrasone Signature Pros just arrived ;)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors) 29 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum vs Bowers & Wilkins (B&W) P7 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 20th 2013 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 vs DT990-250 Pro Review 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 4 minutes ago
- › DT990 brightness? 4 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital