Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › MiuAudio MRB Audiophile DIY HeadAmp KIt
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MiuAudio MRB Audiophile DIY HeadAmp KIt - Page 2

post #16 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Calling me that will confuse others. so please refrain from doing that.
And there isn't much I can do about speeding up the process of going back. I'll be back Friday the 10th, so you have to wait about two more weeks.

....... I should just do it myself. Swap the two op amps in the MRB? That's it? 

post #17 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

....... I should just do it myself. Swap the two op amps in the MRB? That's it? 
Yes. Do it.
post #18 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Yes. Do it.

It will be safe right?

post #19 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

It will be safe right?
Deadlylover and Borisu said it would be, so I don't see why not.
post #20 of 71

I think I found the problem.....low quality headphone jacks on the MRB, After pulling the whole PCB out..the entire jack is very "wiggly" and both sides will get crackles when I move the headphone plug up and down, and I have gotten some parts of a left channel back for split seconds when moving the jack up and down.

The problem in the design is the 3.5mm jack in my opinion. We will need Tilpo to check as well but that's the only problem I have detected.

post #21 of 71

Okay mine also has the awful channel imbalance but it is to do with the headphone out. It has a problem inside ( on mine) which cause the awful imbalance when inserted fully but if you play around with it half in you will get perfect balance although this is obviously not going to work as you had to hold in a precise place. I do not know how it can be fixed but am going to try a new headphone out and hope.

 

EDIT: I did not see the above post, that was what i PM'ed Boweii about earlier and also what i reported to miu about a week a go, i have new parts incoming so hopefully i will have some luck. It would be better a jack problem than something more than that though unsoldering is gonna be loads of fun :L


Edited by Swimsonny - 7/27/12 at 5:03pm
post #22 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

Okay mine also has the awful channel imbalance but it is to do with the headphone out. It has a problem inside ( on mine) which cause the awful imbalance when inserted fully but if you play around with it half in you will get perfect balance although this is obviously not going to work as you had to hold in a precise place. I do not know how it can be fixed but am going to try a new headphone out and hope.

 

EDIT: I did not see the above post, that was what i PM'ed Boweii about earlier and also what i reported to miu about a week a go, i have new parts incoming so hopefully i will have some luck. It would be better a jack problem than something more than that though unsoldering is gonna be loads of fun :L

More or less the same thing, the 3.5mm jack on the MRB that came with it is loose, it wiggles while in there and pulling on either side gives weird crackles and for headphone out, if you get a precise spot, you can get both channels working.

post #23 of 71

Yeh, i think a few new parts are necessary!

post #24 of 71
Just saying, but the wiggling around DOES NOT fix the issue.

It merely makes both the tip and the ring touch the same conductor. This will cause the channel imbalance to fade away, but it will also make the sound mono. I thought the same thing as you guys, but I checked to confirm at the time that it indeed was mono.
post #25 of 71

Back to step 1, Boris is sending me the BB/TI 2134's so I'll test those

post #26 of 71

Just tested with two new op amps. Problem still persists.  I still have some thoughts that it might be the jacks. Tilpo said that wiggling it to get both channels was innaccurate as it would just be mono but for me, the plug was all the way in...so while it may be mono, it could be a jack plug problem

post #27 of 71

Yes i think jacks. I am still waiting for my parts

post #28 of 71

I don't live anywhere close to a store with jacks and all these parts that come in cheap or whatever

post #29 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I don't live anywhere close to a store with jacks and all these parts that come in cheap or whatever
I live practically next to a store that sells PCB mount jacks, but there they cost at least €2 a pop.

I think sending Miu another email would be the best solution.
post #30 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

Okay mine also has the awful channel imbalance but it is to do with the headphone out. It has a problem inside ( on mine) which cause the awful imbalance when inserted fully but if you play around with it half in you will get perfect balance although this is obviously not going to work as you had to hold in a precise place. I do not know how it can be fixed but am going to try a new headphone out and hope.

 

EDIT: I did not see the above post, that was what i PM'ed Boweii about earlier and also what i reported to miu about a week a go, i have new parts incoming so hopefully i will have some luck. It would be better a jack problem than something more than that though unsoldering is gonna be loads of fun :L

That's causing the phone's Lch hot to touch the amp's r channel+ and the phone's Rch + to touch the amps ground. Since the phones are common grounded through the cable, you've got the both channels in a phasey mono connection. aR+...pL+....p-....pR+...a-. I really doubt it's the jack or a part problem. My guess would be that it's more likely a board or solder issue.


Edited by goodvibes - 8/8/12 at 6:03am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › MiuAudio MRB Audiophile DIY HeadAmp KIt