or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier - Page 180

post #2686 of 2695

Anyone using the NAD M51 with HDVD800 (or HDVA600)? Impressions? Especially with HD800.

post #2687 of 2695

More opinions on the Audiophilleo2 with HDVD800? I searched this thread and read some, but wondering about updates. Looks like the site claims that works with 24/196, is that true? Thought I saw somewhere about S/PDIF limited to 20 bits?

post #2688 of 2695

Why does the HDVD800 have 4 outputs? I can see one for single-ended and another for balanced, but why two sets of both? Sure, could connect up to 4 headphones, but there's only one volume control. It would be hard to have 4 people with 4 different headphones be happy with the volume setting. On the other hand, it would make it easy to switch between different headphones for one listener and change the volume accordingly, but that seems like atypical.

post #2689 of 2695
I found the two balanced xlr headphone inputs do not sound the same. I like the one towards the center better. Having more than one headphone plugged in at the same time also lowers the volume. Perhaps degrades the sound a bit.
post #2690 of 2695
Quote:
Originally Posted by defbear View Post

I found the two balanced xlr headphone inputs do not sound the same. I like the one towards the center better.

Wow, that's strange. Perhaps I should try to compare too.

post #2691 of 2695
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdManOfCT View Post
 

Why does the HDVD800 have 4 outputs? I can see one for single-ended and another for balanced, but why two sets of both? Sure, could connect up to 4 headphones, but there's only one volume control. It would be hard to have 4 people with 4 different headphones be happy with the volume setting. On the other hand, it would make it easy to switch between different headphones for one listener and change the volume accordingly, but that seems like atypical.

 

I bought the HDVA600 so me and the wife can both listen to HD800 at the same time, enjoy the same music.  Works out well :-).

post #2692 of 2695
 
Originally Posted by King of Pangaea View Post
 


The DAC in the HDVD 800 is Ok but I feel it is the weak point.  

 

My headphones sound better using external Clock with the AES/EBU digital cables connected to HDVD 800 digital input. If you already own HDVD 800 try some good clock. 

post #2693 of 2695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozartaudio View Post

My headphones sound better using external Clock with the AES/EBU digital cables connected to HDVD 800 digital input. If you already own HDVD 800 try some good clock. 
how do you apply an External Clock to the hdvd800
post #2694 of 2695
Quote:
Originally Posted by defbear View Post


how do you apply an External Clock to the hdvd800


From Studio Mutec clock digital output with the AES/EBU digital 110 ohm cable connect to AES/EBU digital input (XLR) on Sennheiser HDVD  800. 

post #2695 of 2695

I see the HDVA600 is on-sale at Moon Audio for US$1275.  Just FYI.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier