Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier - Page 18

post #256 of 2308

1799€ Great so 1500/1600€  here

 

Now .. When ... LoL

 

November ? Decembre .....

 

This years off coursse but when

post #257 of 2308
Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfLux View Post

1799€ Great so 1500/1600€  here

Now .. When ... LoL

November ? Decembre .....

This years off coursse but when
Where is "here"?
post #258 of 2308

It's showing as £1499 at Audio Affair, but collection only due to agreement with Sennheiser (no mail order therefore).  They don't have it in stock and the person I spoke to seemed surprised that it would be available for demo (even though it says so on the website).  They're calling me back tomorrow about the demo options so I'll see if I can get some dates then.  I also spoke to my local dealer, who are a Sennheiser stockist, but they couldn't give me an ETA.

post #259 of 2308

Luxembourg or Germany
 

post #260 of 2308

I wonder if you can also use the hdvd800 as a standalone dac, so I can hook up my speaker system to it (and I can get rid of my bifrost)

 

anyone knows?

post #261 of 2308

Audio Affair called back to say they were expecting the HDVA600 some time this month and the HDVD800 in December some time.  They couldn't provide any firm dates (no-one I spoke to can), so I wonder if Sennheiser will have them out for Christmas?  Then we need to wait for the demo units to burn in of course...

post #262 of 2308

I sold off my balanced B22 and selling my old Audio gd C-2C today (with my HD600s that I don't use). Until this sucker goes on sale, I'm stuck using a chordette toucan...

post #263 of 2308

Wondering the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeAspect View Post

I wonder if you can also use the hdvd800 as a standalone dac, so I can hook up my speaker system to it (and I can get rid of my bifrost)

 

anyone knows?

post #264 of 2308

I mailed sennheiser for the standalone dac, and he told me you could. That being said, I don't see any rca outputs on the back and only balanced outputs on the front.

post #265 of 2308

there are  pics of the back. google it.

it has rca white and red. output from dac.

post #266 of 2308

ehhhh, the brand new price is somehow too high for me, can only afford a second hand, so ... wait and wait ... :(

post #267 of 2308

For those here Down Under we at least have a price range:

 

HDVD800

 

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/Sennheiser-HDVD800-DAC-and-Headphone-Amplifier

 

And HDVA 600

 

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/Sennheiser-HDVA-600-Headphone-Amplifier

 

There's no real new info there besides possible release dates.

 

**As a footnote I am genuinely interested how it compares to the Fostex HP-A8C, that said I have no more information on that amp besides what I can find on the web. Or how it would pair to the HD800

 

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/Fostex-HPA8C-32bit-DAC-and-Headphone-Amplifier


Edited by alex699 - 11/21/12 at 7:20pm
post #268 of 2308
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex699 View Post

For those here Down Under we at least have a price range:

 

HDVD800

 

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/Sennheiser-HDVD800-DAC-and-Headphone-Amplifier

 

And HDVA 600

 

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/Sennheiser-HDVA-600-Headphone-Amplifier

 

There's no real new info there besides possible release dates.

 

**As a footnote I am genuinely interested how it compares to the Fostex HP-A8C, that said I have no more information on that amp besides what I can find on the web. Or how it would pair to the HD800

 

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/Fostex-HPA8C-32bit-DAC-and-Headphone-Amplifier

 

oh man that fostex is going for a good price - so tempting - i was only ever interested in the HDVD600 as i already have a good dac but the fostex is cheaper and it has both - it would allow me to sell my dac - its really just a case of not knowing how good the new senns may or may not be. I'm still hoping that Senn may have designed a beauty to bring out the best of the hd800's so commonsense tells me I should wait to see how there received

I

post #269 of 2308

subbed popcorn.gif

post #270 of 2308
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex699 View Post

For those here Down Under we at least have a price range:

 

HDVD800

 

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/Sennheiser-HDVD800-DAC-and-Headphone-Amplifier

 

And HDVA 600

 

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/Sennheiser-HDVA-600-Headphone-Amplifier

 

There's no real new info there besides possible release dates.

 

**As a footnote I am genuinely interested how it compares to the Fostex HP-A8C, that said I have no more information on that amp besides what I can find on the web. Or how it would pair to the HD800

 

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/Fostex-HPA8C-32bit-DAC-and-Headphone-Amplifier

OMG, are you kidding me, the prices are higher than them listed before? I remember it was $1600 for HDVA600 and $2000 for HDVD800... 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier