Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier - Page 137

post #2041 of 2317

With all this talk of Audiophilleo, I'm feeling OK.. the Naim DAC-V1 licences their technology and it even shows up in the pick list for the DAC. have done some reading but still don't understand [or care].. it sounds pretty good.  Maybe the Naim will be a good combo with the HDVA600 and I can be done with it.. .. ..for a while.

post #2042 of 2317
There are many file formats . The most common lossless is flac and wav . They are audio file formats and there is many players for them. DSD is another story not as many players will play it. The debate over whT files are better is not decided. But any LOSSLESS. Format is fine .

Al
post #2043 of 2317

Yea i'm sure your Naim dac is better than what's in my hdvd 800, otherwise it's kind of a ripoff. :D 

 

The biggest incentive for me to buy an a2/pp is as i've stated, that i want to get the best of what the hdvd 800 can offer, without adding another dac. It will also save a lot of space, and make it more portable.

 

I'm sure you'll be very satisfied with those together. Happy listening. :)

post #2044 of 2317
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenR View Post

Don't get me wrong, it's amazing. But i'm always open to others opinions about what might improve my already good setup. The last thing i want to do however, is get another dac for the hdvd 800, since that would be a waste of money for me and i should have just gotten a hdva 600 to begin with. An Audiophilleo 2 with pure power seems like a nice upgrade for the hdvd 800 though.

That may be the way to go. What can I say, buy it, listen to it for three weeks, make a decision to keep it or return it. Or buy used and sell used if it isn't your thing.

I hear you on being hesitant on getting another DAC given you have the HDVD. But I wouldn't be afraid of it either. It's undoubtedly a fine amp that could really let an awesome source shine right on through. The beauty of your rig is that it's super transportable and you can easily do direct A/B comparisons at like local meets or audio shops to see if that new source really justifies its pricetag over the perfectly competent DAC inside the HDVD. I used to do that all the time with my Grace m902. The m902 was never the best DAC in my stable but the unit always got plenty of use due to its versatility and sounded great on its own and awesome with an awesome source.
post #2045 of 2317
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenR View Post
 

Don't get me wrong, it's amazing. But i'm always open to others opinions about what might improve my already good setup. The last thing i want to do however, is get another dac for the hdvd 800, since that would be a waste of money for me and i should have just gotten a hdva 600 to begin with. An Audiophilleo 2 with pure power seems like a nice upgrade for the hdvd 800 though.

 

Can someone explain to me what role the audiophilleo plays when connected to a dac such as the hdva800's? Is it simply a better way to get audio out of a computer via usb?  Would connecting a audiophilleo1 special edition benefit the hdva800 at all with the ability to use 384 Khz audio files?  Or does it not matter because the hdva800 can only handle 192? Would it be possible to play DSD files through the hdva800 with the audiophilleo1 special edition?

post #2046 of 2317
Please read back a few pages I said what it does.
Read and post questions and i will answer
Al
post #2047 of 2317
In an earlier post I commented on the spidif I out being limited to 24/96. I was wrong it plays 24/192 as well.

Sorry for the miscommunication.

Al.
post #2048 of 2317
Good morning.

If anyone from this thread is going to ny
I am bringing my hd800 my hdvd800
And my offramp. All will be played through
My surface pro. Both red book and hi Rez

It really is something to hear.

See you there.

Al
post #2049 of 2317

What offramp are you using yourself?

post #2050 of 2317
Offramp 5 and his psu
Al
post #2051 of 2317

What's it like compared to the audiophilleo? I'm curious as to why you would use the offramp after saying so many good things about the a1/2+pp.

post #2052 of 2317
They both perform the same function . They are USB converters. The offramp has more outputs and does sound a little different . With the hdvd800 I prefere the offramp but both do a fantastic job with the unit. If it was up to me to buy one , it would be the offramp. But it is about 3k as apposed to 1200. So it is much more expansive .

I do use both and did my testing using both. Either way the improvement is nothing short of amazing. I cannot wait for the ny meet just to see peoples faces with the combo weather the ap1/PP OR OFFRAMP.

AL
post #2053 of 2317
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

They both perform the same function . They are USB converters. The offramp has more outputs and does sound a little different . With the hdvd800 I prefere the offramp but both do a fantastic job with the unit. If it was up to me to buy one , it would be the offramp. But it is about 3k as apposed to 1200. So it is much more expansive .

I do use both and did my testing using both. Either way the improvement is nothing short of amazing. I cannot wait for the ny meet just to see peoples faces with the combo weather the ap1/PP OR OFFRAMP.

AL
Dang you crazy! tongue.gif

You're probably the second most passionate person I've met on here about their unique gear. Have you met hifimanrookie? Only his custom rig has you beat. biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/710504/review-blue-circle-audio-pag-custom-headphone-amp
post #2054 of 2317
Lol. We are talking about our stuff.
What happened is I bought a few items
And never got the quality sound of speakers with headphones
And the rest is history. I am crazy but if you heard them
You would say crazy but wow how good that sounds

Al
post #2055 of 2317
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

Lol. We are talking about our stuff.
What happened is I bought a few items
And never got the quality sound of speakers with headphones
And the rest is history. I am crazy but if you heard them
You would say crazy but wow how good that sounds

Al
It's a shame hifimanrookie's rig only takes in usb. If it took optical, and with your offramp, I'm sure we would have reached audio nirvana. Any man who listens to that combo will come out deaf. It's a combo reserved for the gods. tongue.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier