So just to get this straight, what operating systems can i upgrade the HDVD 800's firmware from?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HDVD800tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread Last post on 1/16/17 at 6:23pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Recommendations? Last post on 2/9/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Susceptible to Mobile Phone Interference ? Last post on 10/22/14 at 6:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 800 : Sennheiser HDVD800 or Woo Audio WA7 ? Last post on 10/24/14 at 6:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do you know what happened to the HDVA 600? Last post on 10/20/14 at 5:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Today is my long overdue review of the Cayin i5. I had trouble getting this review complete due to a holiday emergency and a slow recovery however, better late than never. *disclaimer* I've...
Company 64 Audio (former 1964 Ears) is a well-known maker of top-level multidriver IEMs. They are offering a big range of models, but the most attractive feature of their earphones is APEX...
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier - Page 132
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I heard of people having problems when updating from windows 8 and it would basically ruin the usb port of the hdvd 800.
Don't know if it's fine with windows 7 but mac is supposed to be a safe bet.
windows 7 works fine, just don't update with windows 8 ;)
Mine made the dac unusable because of a failed upgrade with windows 8.1, just avoid upgrading with 8(.1) alltogether and use windows 7 or mac.
As I sit at my dinning room table and play one of my reference tracks , this comes to my mind.
Wow using my AP1/PP. WITH MY HD800 and the HDVD800. All I can say is WOW. this combo is really GOOD.
And anyone who says the amp or DAC in this combo really does not know what they are talking about. . Now with out the
AP1/PP. IT STINKS yes I said it. Vocals are good and drums are good but the the upper sounds are grainy and blurred .
Now hookup my Audiophilleo and wow what I great dac. This proves the dC is really pretty good but jitter is just ruining it .
For what it's worth we all should own one of these little things. And if you do there will be no need for another dac. Now the limits here of the spidif still exist at 24/96. As the it will not play 24/192 .
Edited by ALRAINBOW - 3/7/14 at 1:31pm
I think i experienced a bit of the same grainy or clicky sound from the hd800+hdvd800+ch800s the first time around. Lowering the gain to the lowest setting behind the hdvd800 made it easier to listen to for longer periods of time for me. It sounds a bit more balanced and laid back somehow. The ch800s cable can make the hd800's almost too clear and analytical. Overall though i think it just takes a while to get fully used to the 800's and the amount of sound they portray.
Edited by EvenR - 3/7/14 at 2:43pm
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 22 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 28 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 46 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 by Voxata
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by bapspidoff
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear