Update concerning my errorcode issue (0xef000011) while doing the HDVD800 firmware update:
Another user here mentioned, that after getting this error he had to send it back to Sennheiser. So I was really afraid that I have to send my HDVD from Singapore to Germany. So I wanted to try something else first.
The failed update was done with an Windows 8 computer. So I just tried it again with a windows 7 computer... and guess what, now it worked successfully! Hooray, that's it!
Before I found that simple solution, I had asked Sennheiser for support via the contact-form on their web-page. Just after the update was successful, they answered my mail and gave me a phone number to call a service-engineer directly. Well it was not necessary anymore now, but still I would rate that a quite good service!
Edited by musikaladin - 11/17/13 at 7:58am