Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier - Page 109

post #1621 of 2308

Mmmmm, brisket.

post #1622 of 2308
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post

I take my cables to a Rabbi who blesses them before I use them. It cuts the burn in time in half by loosening the crystal matrix enough so the first electrical signals can time align the molecules more accurately. The cables sound noticeably smoother immediately.

As most audiophiles agree, cables need to be re-cooked every few months to maintain the proper crystaline matrix salignment. But since I refuse to disconnect my system and haul all of my cables to synagogue, I simply invite the Rabbi over for Passover every year. We cook the cables right along with the brisket at 350 degrees, and then he blesses my entire audio chain after the Seder.

I get rousing compliments on my audio system and brisket from my guests every year!
I must try this method my friend.
post #1623 of 2308
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethatsound View Post


every thing sounds better using the balanced cable,some people will say it just sounds louder,but it's not ture,it just sounds better in every way,it needs burning in like the original cable did.ask 2 demo it first if u can,u will hear the difference straight away.

 

So what is it?

 

(a) hear the difference straight away

(b) it needs burning in

post #1624 of 2308
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post
 

 

I take my cables to a Rabbi who blesses them before I use them. It cuts the burn in time in half by loosening the crystal matrix enough so the first electrical signals can time align the molecules more accurately. The cables sound noticeably smoother immediately.

 

As most audiophiles agree, cables need to be re-cooked every few months to maintain the proper crystaline matrix salignment. But since I refuse to disconnect my system and haul all of my cables to synagogue, I simply invite the Rabbi over for Passover every year. We cook the cables right along with the brisket at 350 degrees, and then he blesses my entire audio chain after the Seder.

 

I get rousing compliments on my audio system and brisket from my guests every year!

 

I like it!!!!!!!

I must try it too.

post #1625 of 2308
Quote:
Originally Posted by murrays View Post

So what is it?

(a) hear the difference straight away
(b) it needs burning in
u will hear the difference straight away,after a few weeks of use it will sound even better,u will hear this as well, enjoy.
Edited by lovethatsound - 10/21/13 at 7:30am
post #1626 of 2308

I think the HDVD800 is a fairly good amplifier, certainly when combined with HD800. However, the HDVD800 is 400 Euro more expensive than the HDVA600 and I don't think the price difference is justified by the quality of the DAC. For 400 Euro you can almost certainly find something better. One DAC being Musical Fidelity M1DAC which is certainly superior to the DAC built into the HDVD800. But then, a separate DAC would make the setup physically bigger and you would need an additional pair of analogue interconnects which would cost a hundred Euro more.

 

Still, I found the HDVD800's DAC to be of decent quality for casual listening and the whole integration of the amplification and conversion in one chassis is quite convenient, even if it isn't the most important thing.

post #1627 of 2308

The firmware update is now available for Windows.

post #1628 of 2308

And Mac OS...

post #1629 of 2308

getting the errorcode 0xef000011 when I try to patch the fw.....upgrade failed....

 

also don't seem to get any sound from the usb driver anymore on both windows 8.1 and 7.

 

I think the failed fw update messed up my dac inside the hdv800

 

contacted sennheiser...Hopefully they know how to fix it or I'll have to return it to Germany.

 


Edited by LifeAspect - 10/26/13 at 10:18am
post #1630 of 2308

Upgraded successfully just now on OSX - less than a minute to do it. Just testing now - all seems fine with the 24/192 tracks that were causing hissing noises previously. All sounds great.

post #1631 of 2308
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeAspect View Post

 

also don't seem to get any sound from the usb driver anymore on both windows 8.1 and 7.

 

Yikes. Updating worked for me in Windows 7. I hope there's some way to fix it without having to send it in.

post #1632 of 2308

same...not that I use the usb connection on it but you know, when you pay 1800€ for an amp, you want it working 100%. Now it's just a HDVA600 :(

post #1633 of 2308

Anyone tried the HE-500's with the HDVD800?

post #1634 of 2308

Try deleting the drivers and then reinstalling them again. Also, make sure the power source is stable while upgrading the firmware. If it is interrupted, the ROM will become unusable and the unit will have to be returned to the factory.

post #1635 of 2308
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Giskard View Post
 

Try deleting the drivers and then reinstalling them again. Also, make sure the power source is stable while upgrading the firmware. If it is interrupted, the ROM will become unusable and the unit will have to be returned to the factory.

The power source was stable....the update just failed in windows while the update was running without any reason...

 

guess I'll have to return it to the factory.


Edited by LifeAspect - 10/27/13 at 10:04am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier