Heard HDVD800/HD800 combo and I was surprised how bright and sterile this combo is. Not my cup of tea.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HDVD800tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread Last post on 6/24/16 at 4:34pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Recommendations? Last post on 2/9/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Susceptible to Mobile Phone Interference ? Last post on 10/22/14 at 6:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 800 : Sennheiser HDVD800 or Woo Audio WA7 ? Last post on 10/24/14 at 6:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do you know what happened to the HDVA 600? Last post on 10/20/14 at 5:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier - Page 107
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Has anyone out there auditioned HD800 with the Burson Conductor? That amp also is supposed to be excellent with the Senns. It would be interesting to get some feedback from users who have tried HD800s with both of them. I realize most people are usually hunkered down in one camp or the other, but some input on this topic would be welcome.
I definitely prefer the Conductor to my HDVD800. That being said the HDVD is still great, I would recommend getting the HDVA600 though and a DAC.
+1 I also much preferred the Conductor to HDVD800.
Edited by lovethatsound - 10/8/13 at 12:00pm
Are you saying that your system goal is to make your headphones sound like a pair of Sony MDR-7506's plugged into a studio mixing console?
conductor is a good amp,but like I've said before,the hdvd800 with a good dac is headphone heaven,but I like my music 2 sound as it was recorded. I know some people like their music with added bass or treble, which is ok if that's what's u like.as long as u enjoy ur music that's all that matters.
Thanks, everyone who contributed input on this. I basically have equal quality advice from both camps, Conductor and HDVD800. Now I am totally undecided. Let's see, Hmmmmmmm. HDVD800 or Conductor, HDVD800 or Conductor, HDVD800 or Conductor. Ngaaahhhhrrgghhh. Ok, I am going to my rubber room now. See you when I am all better.
Just an opinion
I found the amp to be very transparent and refined with a nice soundstage for a SS amp, but the HD800 still sound a bit too clinical and devoid of emotion with this amp. I feel they need tubes to take of the edges and give it more body.
Edited by Sweden - 10/8/13 at 10:55pm
I think it was the liner notes for NiN Ghosts that had a picture of Trent Reznor in the studio with Sony MDR-SA5000 headphones, so there are some exceptions!
I have been using the HDVD800 for over one month now. The AMP prat is really nice, although definitely there are better choices in this price (£1200 level for HDVA600?), the HDVD800 is the most beautiful one. The two 6.35mm plug and two balanced outputs also support more flexibility to use.
While the DAC is not as good as I expected. The DAC chip is PCM-1792 if I remerber it correctly. That's a quite old chip currently. I used my protable player HM-901 (Dual ESS9018) dock to RCA to HDVD800 AMP and compared with the HDVD800 DAC to AMP and the difference is very obvious. Overall the HDVD800 DAC performed an average level with other PCM-1792 DACs like WEISS DAC2. So I would say that the £200 for HDVD800 and HDVA600 is absolutely worthwhile. However the resolution and clarity are very much limited compared with the HM-901 DAC. Even the portable new DAC can outperform it, so if you want to get a one step completion for you HIFI experience, HDVD800 would not be a good idea for you.
I found it less people talking about the HDVA600, so I post my question here:
I am using the HD650 and Essence ST soundcard with my new HDVA600, but I found out that in low volume, the left channel sounds louder than the right one. When I increase the volume in a certain level, the sound in the right channel will come up.
Is that a problem with HDVA600 or Essence ST soundcard's lineout?
Hope someone can answer me, thank you.
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 second ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR1-ABT Impressions 9 seconds ago
- › Glue inside Shure SE215 buds? 55 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 4 minutes ago
- › The Altmann Tera-Player - Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 5 minutes ago
- › $1-$25 USD- Favorite budget in-ear monitors- General consensus... 5 minutes ago
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...