Heard HDVD800/HD800 combo and I was surprised how bright and sterile this combo is. Not my cup of tea.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HDVD800tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on Today at 12:49 pm in Music
- Burson Conductor vs Sennheiser HDVD800: Amp/DAC for HD800 Last post on 5/30/14 at 5:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HELP! Suggestions for Sennheiser HD800 - HDVD800 or WA22? Last post on 4/15/14 at 8:21pm in High-end Audio Forum
- New Beyerdynamic amp A2 Last post on 7/24/14 at 9:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + HDVD800 Last post on 5/6/14 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier - Page 107
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Has anyone out there auditioned HD800 with the Burson Conductor? That amp also is supposed to be excellent with the Senns. It would be interesting to get some feedback from users who have tried HD800s with both of them. I realize most people are usually hunkered down in one camp or the other, but some input on this topic would be welcome.
+1 I also much preferred the Conductor to HDVD800.
Edited by lovethatsound - 10/8/13 at 12:00pm
Are you saying that your system goal is to make your headphones sound like a pair of Sony MDR-7506's plugged into a studio mixing console?
conductor is a good amp,but like I've said before,the hdvd800 with a good dac is headphone heaven,but I like my music 2 sound as it was recorded. I know some people like their music with added bass or treble, which is ok if that's what's u like.as long as u enjoy ur music that's all that matters.
Thanks, everyone who contributed input on this. I basically have equal quality advice from both camps, Conductor and HDVD800. Now I am totally undecided. Let's see, Hmmmmmmm. HDVD800 or Conductor, HDVD800 or Conductor, HDVD800 or Conductor. Ngaaahhhhrrgghhh. Ok, I am going to my rubber room now. See you when I am all better.
Just an opinion
I found the amp to be very transparent and refined with a nice soundstage for a SS amp, but the HD800 still sound a bit too clinical and devoid of emotion with this amp. I feel they need tubes to take of the edges and give it more body.
Edited by Sweden - 10/8/13 at 10:55pm
I think it was the liner notes for NiN Ghosts that had a picture of Trent Reznor in the studio with Sony MDR-SA5000 headphones, so there are some exceptions!
I have been using the HDVD800 for over one month now. The AMP prat is really nice, although definitely there are better choices in this price (£1200 level for HDVA600?), the HDVD800 is the most beautiful one. The two 6.35mm plug and two balanced outputs also support more flexibility to use.
While the DAC is not as good as I expected. The DAC chip is PCM-1792 if I remerber it correctly. That's a quite old chip currently. I used my protable player HM-901 (Dual ESS9018) dock to RCA to HDVD800 AMP and compared with the HDVD800 DAC to AMP and the difference is very obvious. Overall the HDVD800 DAC performed an average level with other PCM-1792 DACs like WEISS DAC2. So I would say that the £200 for HDVD800 and HDVA600 is absolutely worthwhile. However the resolution and clarity are very much limited compared with the HM-901 DAC. Even the portable new DAC can outperform it, so if you want to get a one step completion for you HIFI experience, HDVD800 would not be a good idea for you.
I found it less people talking about the HDVA600, so I post my question here:
I am using the HD650 and Essence ST soundcard with my new HDVA600, but I found out that in low volume, the left channel sounds louder than the right one. When I increase the volume in a certain level, the sound in the right channel will come up.
Is that a problem with HDVA600 or Essence ST soundcard's lineout?
Hope someone can answer me, thank you.
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
- › Audeze LCD-X 9 seconds ago
- › New to high quality audio. 30 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 47 seconds ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 1 minute ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 7 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)