Heard HDVD800/HD800 combo and I was surprised how bright and sterile this combo is. Not my cup of tea.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HDVD800tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on Yesterday at 9:36 am in Music
- Burson Conductor vs Sennheiser HDVD800: Amp/DAC for HD800 Last post on 5/30/14 at 5:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HELP! Suggestions for Sennheiser HD800 - HDVD800 or WA22? Last post on 4/15/14 at 8:21pm in High-end Audio Forum
- New Beyerdynamic amp A2 Last post on 9/7/14 at 1:07pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + HDVD800 Last post on 5/6/14 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier - Page 107
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Has anyone out there auditioned HD800 with the Burson Conductor? That amp also is supposed to be excellent with the Senns. It would be interesting to get some feedback from users who have tried HD800s with both of them. I realize most people are usually hunkered down in one camp or the other, but some input on this topic would be welcome.
+1 I also much preferred the Conductor to HDVD800.
Edited by lovethatsound - 10/8/13 at 12:00pm
Are you saying that your system goal is to make your headphones sound like a pair of Sony MDR-7506's plugged into a studio mixing console?
conductor is a good amp,but like I've said before,the hdvd800 with a good dac is headphone heaven,but I like my music 2 sound as it was recorded. I know some people like their music with added bass or treble, which is ok if that's what's u like.as long as u enjoy ur music that's all that matters.
Thanks, everyone who contributed input on this. I basically have equal quality advice from both camps, Conductor and HDVD800. Now I am totally undecided. Let's see, Hmmmmmmm. HDVD800 or Conductor, HDVD800 or Conductor, HDVD800 or Conductor. Ngaaahhhhrrgghhh. Ok, I am going to my rubber room now. See you when I am all better.
Just an opinion
I found the amp to be very transparent and refined with a nice soundstage for a SS amp, but the HD800 still sound a bit too clinical and devoid of emotion with this amp. I feel they need tubes to take of the edges and give it more body.
Edited by Sweden - 10/8/13 at 10:55pm
I think it was the liner notes for NiN Ghosts that had a picture of Trent Reznor in the studio with Sony MDR-SA5000 headphones, so there are some exceptions!
I have been using the HDVD800 for over one month now. The AMP prat is really nice, although definitely there are better choices in this price (£1200 level for HDVA600?), the HDVD800 is the most beautiful one. The two 6.35mm plug and two balanced outputs also support more flexibility to use.
While the DAC is not as good as I expected. The DAC chip is PCM-1792 if I remerber it correctly. That's a quite old chip currently. I used my protable player HM-901 (Dual ESS9018) dock to RCA to HDVD800 AMP and compared with the HDVD800 DAC to AMP and the difference is very obvious. Overall the HDVD800 DAC performed an average level with other PCM-1792 DACs like WEISS DAC2. So I would say that the £200 for HDVD800 and HDVA600 is absolutely worthwhile. However the resolution and clarity are very much limited compared with the HM-901 DAC. Even the portable new DAC can outperform it, so if you want to get a one step completion for you HIFI experience, HDVD800 would not be a good idea for you.
I found it less people talking about the HDVA600, so I post my question here:
I am using the HD650 and Essence ST soundcard with my new HDVA600, but I found out that in low volume, the left channel sounds louder than the right one. When I increase the volume in a certain level, the sound in the right channel will come up.
Is that a problem with HDVA600 or Essence ST soundcard's lineout?
Hope someone can answer me, thank you.
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
- › Cayin N6 - New Audiophile DAP 1 second ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 1 minute ago
- › What is an Audiophile, and what make headphones great? 1 minute ago
- › Audio GD SA-31 head amp/ preamp . A powerfull Head Amp with... 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 3 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Ipod gen 7 Classic 256gb 5 minutes ago
- › HM-901 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › The Opamp thread 8 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)