I haven't. I just assumed he wouldn't be able to help since he's in the US and I'm in Sweden.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HDVD800tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread Last post on 7/27/15 at 5:15am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Recommendations? Last post on 2/9/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Susceptible to Mobile Phone Interference ? Last post on 10/22/14 at 6:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 800 : Sennheiser HDVD800 or Woo Audio WA7 ? Last post on 10/24/14 at 6:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do you know what happened to the HDVA 600? Last post on 10/20/14 at 5:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier - Page 106
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There is a firmware update (version 1.04) for the HDVD800 itself. The last I looked on Sennheiser's website, they only had the Mac OS version of the firmware installer, so you would need a Mac to install it on your HDVD800. According to the website at that time, a PC version is coming.
Now as far as "the drivers for windows", this is just a USB driver that support USB Audio class 2.0 and is not really unique to the HDVD800 other than the fact that Sennheiser provides it with the HDVD800. There is nothing on Sennheiser's website about any driver software that I have seen. Not sure why there would be as the driver software that comes with the HDVD800 seems to work ok. At least I've not heard any complaints about it.
If what you are really asking for is the firmware fix, see my older post at:
Edited by wisemanja - 9/25/13 at 9:47pm
To be honest, the only difference I hear between balanced and unbalanced is a decibel level increase. Other then that, they sound identical.
Edited by OICWUTUDIDTHAR - 9/29/13 at 4:01pm
Still no firmware update for Windows. The Mac version came out September 9th with the promise of a PC version "available soon". Doesn't feel like they're in any hurry to get it out since it's been almost a month.
It's the same firmware load, just with an installer for a different OS. If you have a friend with a Mac of some type, you could get them to do the download from Sennheiser's site and then just plug your HDVD800 into their Mac's USB and run the installer
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › Welcome one and all! Please introduce yourselves! 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 5 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 5 minutes ago
- › La Figaro 339 5 minutes ago
- › Reviewers wanted - Sound Blaster products 6 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3