I haven't. I just assumed he wouldn't be able to help since he's in the US and I'm in Sweden.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HDVD800tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 12:22 am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Recommendations? Last post on 2/9/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Susceptible to Mobile Phone Interference ? Last post on 10/22/14 at 6:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 800 : Sennheiser HDVD800 or Woo Audio WA7 ? Last post on 10/24/14 at 6:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do you know what happened to the HDVA 600? Last post on 10/20/14 at 5:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
-- The HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) is a wonderful, simple, clean DAC/Amp that is easy to use. I love things that just work. With the HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2,...
The KZ-ED9 is one of the best in-ear phones i ever heard. Tried a lot and spend a lot on very expensives ie earphones. This one is my favorite, very detailed sound! Use it with the Ibasso Dx90 and...
Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier - Page 106
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There is a firmware update (version 1.04) for the HDVD800 itself. The last I looked on Sennheiser's website, they only had the Mac OS version of the firmware installer, so you would need a Mac to install it on your HDVD800. According to the website at that time, a PC version is coming.
Now as far as "the drivers for windows", this is just a USB driver that support USB Audio class 2.0 and is not really unique to the HDVD800 other than the fact that Sennheiser provides it with the HDVD800. There is nothing on Sennheiser's website about any driver software that I have seen. Not sure why there would be as the driver software that comes with the HDVD800 seems to work ok. At least I've not heard any complaints about it.
If what you are really asking for is the firmware fix, see my older post at:
Edited by wisemanja - 9/25/13 at 9:47pm
To be honest, the only difference I hear between balanced and unbalanced is a decibel level increase. Other then that, they sound identical.
Edited by OICWUTUDIDTHAR - 9/29/13 at 4:01pm
Still no firmware update for Windows. The Mac version came out September 9th with the promise of a PC version "available soon". Doesn't feel like they're in any hurry to get it out since it's been almost a month.
It's the same firmware load, just with an installer for a different OS. If you have a friend with a Mac of some type, you could get them to do the download from Sennheiser's site and then just plug your HDVD800 into their Mac's USB and run the installer
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
- › Blackberry Z10 + Neutron Music Player = excellent Sound Quality 34 seconds ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 43 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern AK100ii 52 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › Anyone heard of fake Shure SE846s? 1 minute ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 1 minute ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 2 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13,... 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP (Release Imminent) - Product Information and... 3 minutes ago
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2