I haven't. I just assumed he wouldn't be able to help since he's in the US and I'm in Sweden.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HDVD800tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 5:54 am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Recommendations? Last post on 2/9/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Susceptible to Mobile Phone Interference ? Last post on 10/22/14 at 6:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 800 : Sennheiser HDVD800 or Woo Audio WA7 ? Last post on 10/24/14 at 6:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do you know what happened to the HDVA 600? Last post on 10/20/14 at 5:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Campfire Audio Andromeda: Crown jewel of the Campfire fleet Introduction First, a disclaimer: I purchased the Andromeda ($1099USD) with my own money after doing my own research and thus...
Bluedio kindly sent me their 8-driver UFO bluetooth headphones in red for review - and boy I’m glad they did. Packaging Like all of their higher priced bluetooth models, the UFO’s come...
First of all, I would like to thank Charles from Shozy for the review sample of Shozy Zero! Website: http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ I believe what makes Shozy Zero unique is...
So I am fairly new to the audio world. The Monoprice 8323 was my second purchase on starting to get into headphones (after Superlux HD681 EVOs). I have had these headphones for about 6 months...
LEAR LHF-AE1d Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to LEAR for the sample. Brief: All of da pretty and they sound just as good too! Price: HK$1488 or atm £146 or...
Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier - Page 106
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There is a firmware update (version 1.04) for the HDVD800 itself. The last I looked on Sennheiser's website, they only had the Mac OS version of the firmware installer, so you would need a Mac to install it on your HDVD800. According to the website at that time, a PC version is coming.
Now as far as "the drivers for windows", this is just a USB driver that support USB Audio class 2.0 and is not really unique to the HDVD800 other than the fact that Sennheiser provides it with the HDVD800. There is nothing on Sennheiser's website about any driver software that I have seen. Not sure why there would be as the driver software that comes with the HDVD800 seems to work ok. At least I've not heard any complaints about it.
If what you are really asking for is the firmware fix, see my older post at:
Edited by wisemanja - 9/25/13 at 9:47pm
To be honest, the only difference I hear between balanced and unbalanced is a decibel level increase. Other then that, they sound identical.
Edited by OICWUTUDIDTHAR - 9/29/13 at 4:01pm
Still no firmware update for Windows. The Mac version came out September 9th with the promise of a PC version "available soon". Doesn't feel like they're in any hurry to get it out since it's been almost a month.
It's the same firmware load, just with an installer for a different OS. If you have a friend with a Mac of some type, you could get them to do the download from Sennheiser's site and then just plug your HDVD800 into their Mac's USB and run the installer
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
- › Ultrasone Edition 8 43 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Acoustic Research UA1 v NAD D1050 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Home Theater: Let's see yours! 3 minutes ago
- › Keyboardist IEM Suggestions 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › LZ-A2S impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Edifier P220 In-Ear Chrome Design Headphones With Microphone - Blue by Hisoundfi
- › EasGear Morul U5 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds by James Mash
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by Pastapipo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...