I haven't. I just assumed he wouldn't be able to help since he's in the US and I'm in Sweden.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HDVD800tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread Last post on 1/22/17 at 8:07am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Recommendations? Last post on 2/9/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Susceptible to Mobile Phone Interference ? Last post on 10/22/14 at 6:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 800 : Sennheiser HDVD800 or Woo Audio WA7 ? Last post on 10/24/14 at 6:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do you know what happened to the HDVA 600? Last post on 10/20/14 at 5:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
I would like to thank Christian from plusSound for providing the X8 GPC in return for my honest opinion. Introduction PlusSound started making cables around 2012, and has consistently been...
I've recentlty bougth them for office. All i wanted was a pair of fairly decent cans within the budget ive prepaired for this occasion. Unboxing was a surprise, in the package we get a nice pair...
If you are a bass head and like still like to hear to rest of the music, then this Burson V4 could be for you. Charles at Burson had offered the V5 in exchange for a honest evaluation. I did...
Preamble: Founded just last year in 2015, ORIVETI (http://www.oriveti.com/) is still a new company on the market that is however not new to the audio business, having members in their...
Sometimes I have a strong desire to start a review with a conclusion, and then explain everything in more details. This time I think I'll follow this urge. So, OPUS#2 from theBit became for me one...
Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier - Page 106
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There is a firmware update (version 1.04) for the HDVD800 itself. The last I looked on Sennheiser's website, they only had the Mac OS version of the firmware installer, so you would need a Mac to install it on your HDVD800. According to the website at that time, a PC version is coming.
Now as far as "the drivers for windows", this is just a USB driver that support USB Audio class 2.0 and is not really unique to the HDVD800 other than the fact that Sennheiser provides it with the HDVD800. There is nothing on Sennheiser's website about any driver software that I have seen. Not sure why there would be as the driver software that comes with the HDVD800 seems to work ok. At least I've not heard any complaints about it.
If what you are really asking for is the firmware fix, see my older post at:
Edited by wisemanja - 9/25/13 at 9:47pm
To be honest, the only difference I hear between balanced and unbalanced is a decibel level increase. Other then that, they sound identical.
Edited by OICWUTUDIDTHAR - 9/29/13 at 4:01pm
Still no firmware update for Windows. The Mac version came out September 9th with the promise of a PC version "available soon". Doesn't feel like they're in any hurry to get it out since it's been almost a month.
It's the same firmware load, just with an installer for a different OS. If you have a friend with a Mac of some type, you could get them to do the download from Sennheiser's site and then just plug your HDVD800 into their Mac's USB and run the installer
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 26 seconds ago
- › LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread 45 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017) 47 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 1 minute ago
- › Recommendation for a gaming and music setup. 150€ 2 minutes ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Need recommendation between ATH-R70X & HD600 & AKG K712 Pro 6 minutes ago
- › PlusSound X8 IEM Cable by flinkenick
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by d1554573r
- › Supreme Sound Opamp V4 by snellemin
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by HiFiChris
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by cleg
- › Meze 11 Neo by mgunin
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear