I haven't. I just assumed he wouldn't be able to help since he's in the US and I'm in Sweden.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HDVD800tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 12:44 am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Recommendations? Last post on 2/9/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Susceptible to Mobile Phone Interference ? Last post on 10/22/14 at 6:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 800 : Sennheiser HDVD800 or Woo Audio WA7 ? Last post on 10/24/14 at 6:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do you know what happened to the HDVA 600? Last post on 10/20/14 at 5:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
The urbanite xl wireless is seemingly targeting the younger audience with its stylish looks,bluetooth connectivity and a bass emphasis.But does this deliver like it is intended to?Let's run through...
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier - Page 106
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There is a firmware update (version 1.04) for the HDVD800 itself. The last I looked on Sennheiser's website, they only had the Mac OS version of the firmware installer, so you would need a Mac to install it on your HDVD800. According to the website at that time, a PC version is coming.
Now as far as "the drivers for windows", this is just a USB driver that support USB Audio class 2.0 and is not really unique to the HDVD800 other than the fact that Sennheiser provides it with the HDVD800. There is nothing on Sennheiser's website about any driver software that I have seen. Not sure why there would be as the driver software that comes with the HDVD800 seems to work ok. At least I've not heard any complaints about it.
If what you are really asking for is the firmware fix, see my older post at:
Edited by wisemanja - 9/25/13 at 9:47pm
To be honest, the only difference I hear between balanced and unbalanced is a decibel level increase. Other then that, they sound identical.
Edited by OICWUTUDIDTHAR - 9/29/13 at 4:01pm
Still no firmware update for Windows. The Mac version came out September 9th with the promise of a PC version "available soon". Doesn't feel like they're in any hurry to get it out since it's been almost a month.
It's the same firmware load, just with an installer for a different OS. If you have a friend with a Mac of some type, you could get them to do the download from Sennheiser's site and then just plug your HDVD800 into their Mac's USB and run the installer
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 4 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 6 minutes ago
- › The public beta firmware of Android 5.1 for FiiO X7 is coming! 6 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze Headphones 7 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...