I messed around with the color options for the HDVD 800 on the Colorware website and I kinda like how some combinations look. Maybe I'll get mine painted! Maybe.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HDVD800tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread Last post on 8/29/16 at 7:50pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Recommendations? Last post on 2/9/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Susceptible to Mobile Phone Interference ? Last post on 10/22/14 at 6:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 800 : Sennheiser HDVD800 or Woo Audio WA7 ? Last post on 10/24/14 at 6:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do you know what happened to the HDVA 600? Last post on 10/20/14 at 5:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Aune M2 Pro Review Intro : Since the past few years I had kept myself away from trying out any new DAPs or audio gear since I was pretty satisfied with my Fiio X5 (1st gen) and Sansa Clip...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier - Page 104
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Its a great opportunity to customize the HDVD800 sound too!
Short wavelength colors like Violet and Blue will have a colder more detailed sound character while longer wavelength colors like Orange and Red will sound lusher and warmer...
So has anyone tried comparing the sound quality of the HDVD800 before and after installing the firmware patch (eliminating the hiss from ultrasonic noise issue)?
It would obviously have to be a "from memory" type of comparison since the patch is not really reversible (unless of course you own two HDVD800 that you can compare--one with the patch and one without).
Well the V800 is a lot better so keep using it. ;)
*Gets banned for making Sennheiser lose sales.*
planning to do that. Should have gotten the HDA600 but couldn't wait. But hey, atleast the HDVD800/V800 combo sounds better to my ears than the V800/V200 combo, especially with the use of a balanced cable.
From all the discussions that I've seem, the HDVD800 appears to be one of the best solid state amps for the HD800 (and perhaps the T1 as well). It also appears that going to better DACs further exposes just how good the amp section really is. I was starting to think maybe the HDVA600 might have been a better deal but then I realized I was forgetting one of the goals I had in buying the HDVD800 in the first place, and that was portability.
I noticed that there was only one review on the HDVD 800 product page, so I decided to add my own. It's the first review I've written on head-fi, so I hope it doesn't suck.
Pretty nice and really suckless. I was thinking about adding a review since there was only one but the one you did probably beats anything I would have come up with.
What pushed me into writing the review was when I looked at the reviews available online and not seeing one that I felt properly reflected my experience of using it. I've posted what I think in this thread, but I don't think that's nearly as helpful as putting everything into a single review. I'm glad it turned out alright.
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 24 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 34 seconds ago
- › LISST "Tubes" Pair 42 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 53 seconds ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-A3 - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-WM1 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Is Audio Technica's ATH-IM70 a professional IEM? 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 2 minutes ago
- › Aune M2 32BIT DSD portable music player by Faheem
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...