I messed around with the color options for the HDVD 800 on the Colorware website and I kinda like how some combinations look. Maybe I'll get mine painted! Maybe.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HDVD800tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on 8/17/14 at 10:20am in Music
- Burson Conductor vs Sennheiser HDVD800: Amp/DAC for HD800 Last post on 5/30/14 at 5:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HELP! Suggestions for Sennheiser HD800 - HDVD800 or WA22? Last post on 4/15/14 at 8:21pm in High-end Audio Forum
- New Beyerdynamic amp A2 Last post on 8/19/14 at 10:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + HDVD800 Last post on 5/6/14 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier - Page 104
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Its a great opportunity to customize the HDVD800 sound too!
Short wavelength colors like Violet and Blue will have a colder more detailed sound character while longer wavelength colors like Orange and Red will sound lusher and warmer...
So has anyone tried comparing the sound quality of the HDVD800 before and after installing the firmware patch (eliminating the hiss from ultrasonic noise issue)?
It would obviously have to be a "from memory" type of comparison since the patch is not really reversible (unless of course you own two HDVD800 that you can compare--one with the patch and one without).
Well the V800 is a lot better so keep using it. ;)
*Gets banned for making Sennheiser lose sales.*
planning to do that. Should have gotten the HDA600 but couldn't wait. But hey, atleast the HDVD800/V800 combo sounds better to my ears than the V800/V200 combo, especially with the use of a balanced cable.
From all the discussions that I've seem, the HDVD800 appears to be one of the best solid state amps for the HD800 (and perhaps the T1 as well). It also appears that going to better DACs further exposes just how good the amp section really is. I was starting to think maybe the HDVA600 might have been a better deal but then I realized I was forgetting one of the goals I had in buying the HDVD800 in the first place, and that was portability.
I noticed that there was only one review on the HDVD 800 product page, so I decided to add my own. It's the first review I've written on head-fi, so I hope it doesn't suck.
Pretty nice and really suckless. I was thinking about adding a review since there was only one but the one you did probably beats anything I would have come up with.
What pushed me into writing the review was when I looked at the reviews available online and not seeing one that I felt properly reflected my experience of using it. I've posted what I think in this thread, but I don't think that's nearly as helpful as putting everything into a single review. I'm glad it turned out alright.
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 14 seconds ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 1 minute ago
- › ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod 1 minute ago
- › Reasonably priced portable on-ears for kids 2 minutes ago
- › Buying my first audiophile grade headphones need some help please :) 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 3 minutes ago
- › will dac eliminate the buzzing sound? 3 minutes ago
- › Like new HE-400 +pleathers/velours with invoice + 1.5 years... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Losing virginity late in life 5 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)