I messed around with the color options for the HDVD 800 on the Colorware website and I kinda like how some combinations look. Maybe I'll get mine painted! Maybe.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HDVD800tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 9:37 am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Recommendations? Last post on 2/9/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Susceptible to Mobile Phone Interference ? Last post on 10/22/14 at 6:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 800 : Sennheiser HDVD800 or Woo Audio WA7 ? Last post on 10/24/14 at 6:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do you know what happened to the HDVA 600? Last post on 10/20/14 at 5:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Great quality to be expected of a Fiio product, the cable works as intended and feels nice in the hand. There`s no strain relief on the 30pin connector, perhaps it`s to increase pliability?...
Feliks Audio Espressivo A Foot Tappin', Head Shakin' Tube Amp | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION A Diamond In The Rough Feliks Audio is a family company...
Intro I've been searching for a pair of headphones to use on commutes for years. I started with the Skullcandy Hesh in middle school which broke after several months. After that i came across...
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier - Page 104
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Its a great opportunity to customize the HDVD800 sound too!
Short wavelength colors like Violet and Blue will have a colder more detailed sound character while longer wavelength colors like Orange and Red will sound lusher and warmer...
So has anyone tried comparing the sound quality of the HDVD800 before and after installing the firmware patch (eliminating the hiss from ultrasonic noise issue)?
It would obviously have to be a "from memory" type of comparison since the patch is not really reversible (unless of course you own two HDVD800 that you can compare--one with the patch and one without).
Well the V800 is a lot better so keep using it. ;)
*Gets banned for making Sennheiser lose sales.*
planning to do that. Should have gotten the HDA600 but couldn't wait. But hey, atleast the HDVD800/V800 combo sounds better to my ears than the V800/V200 combo, especially with the use of a balanced cable.
From all the discussions that I've seem, the HDVD800 appears to be one of the best solid state amps for the HD800 (and perhaps the T1 as well). It also appears that going to better DACs further exposes just how good the amp section really is. I was starting to think maybe the HDVA600 might have been a better deal but then I realized I was forgetting one of the goals I had in buying the HDVD800 in the first place, and that was portability.
I noticed that there was only one review on the HDVD 800 product page, so I decided to add my own. It's the first review I've written on head-fi, so I hope it doesn't suck.
Pretty nice and really suckless. I was thinking about adding a review since there was only one but the one you did probably beats anything I would have come up with.
What pushed me into writing the review was when I looked at the reviews available online and not seeing one that I felt properly reflected my experience of using it. I've posted what I think in this thread, but I don't think that's nearly as helpful as putting everything into a single review. I'm glad it turned out alright.
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
- › Band Name Game II just now
- › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by... 12 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 57 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 59 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 2 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...