I messed around with the color options for the HDVD 800 on the Colorware website and I kinda like how some combinations look. Maybe I'll get mine painted! Maybe.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HDVD800tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 4:34 pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Recommendations? Last post on 2/9/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Susceptible to Mobile Phone Interference ? Last post on 10/22/14 at 6:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 800 : Sennheiser HDVD800 or Woo Audio WA7 ? Last post on 10/24/14 at 6:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do you know what happened to the HDVA 600? Last post on 10/20/14 at 5:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Introduction: The Effect Audio is a Singapore brand that is known by some famous aftermarket cables. They offer Ares and Thor series headphone/IEM cables as well as Piccolino Ultimate and Eros...
Here is my review for the Brainwavz BLU-200 Bluetooth earphones. I must say that I really like and respect the Brainwavz brand and that they deserve attention with their high quality/budget...
Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier - Page 104
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Its a great opportunity to customize the HDVD800 sound too!
Short wavelength colors like Violet and Blue will have a colder more detailed sound character while longer wavelength colors like Orange and Red will sound lusher and warmer...
So has anyone tried comparing the sound quality of the HDVD800 before and after installing the firmware patch (eliminating the hiss from ultrasonic noise issue)?
It would obviously have to be a "from memory" type of comparison since the patch is not really reversible (unless of course you own two HDVD800 that you can compare--one with the patch and one without).
Well the V800 is a lot better so keep using it. ;)
*Gets banned for making Sennheiser lose sales.*
planning to do that. Should have gotten the HDA600 but couldn't wait. But hey, atleast the HDVD800/V800 combo sounds better to my ears than the V800/V200 combo, especially with the use of a balanced cable.
From all the discussions that I've seem, the HDVD800 appears to be one of the best solid state amps for the HD800 (and perhaps the T1 as well). It also appears that going to better DACs further exposes just how good the amp section really is. I was starting to think maybe the HDVA600 might have been a better deal but then I realized I was forgetting one of the goals I had in buying the HDVD800 in the first place, and that was portability.
I noticed that there was only one review on the HDVD 800 product page, so I decided to add my own. It's the first review I've written on head-fi, so I hope it doesn't suck.
Pretty nice and really suckless. I was thinking about adding a review since there was only one but the one you did probably beats anything I would have come up with.
What pushed me into writing the review was when I looked at the reviews available online and not seeing one that I felt properly reflected my experience of using it. I've posted what I think in this thread, but I don't think that's nearly as helpful as putting everything into a single review. I'm glad it turned out alright.
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 5 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 54 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › Sound Signature JVC HP-DX1000! TH610, TH900, TH-X00, Denon AH-Dx000? 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA-8 6 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S7 - Best next audiophile phone? 7 minutes ago
- › Sony releases $160 64 GB SD cards marketed for 'Premium Sound' 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO Factory Tour 2016 10 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 13 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 14 minutes ago
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...