- 70 Posts. Joined 10/2007
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HDVD800tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HDVD-800 mint Last post on 11/18/13 at 12:06am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- HD800 + Headamp GS-X MK2 + ? DAC / HD800 + HDVD800 Last post on 11/5/13 at 3:28am in High-end Audio Forum
- CanJam at RMAF 2013 Preview (And Exclusive Early Reveals!) - Head-Fi TV Last post on Yesterday at 2:50 am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Dual Purpose Portable Amp. Last post on 9/13/13 at 12:38pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Summer 2013 Head-Fi Buying Guide - Head-Fi TV Last post on 10/8/13 at 9:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
I've auditioned the first Aurvana a couple of times, and I've always liked it, but never purchased it. Anyway, this new Aurvana is so good! I believe the drivers are the same as the first...
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier - Page 89
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks and yes I returned it. I wanted to keep it, but it was just to expensive for what i got. What I heard for me was worth 1000Euro not 2100E (for HD/HDVD800), every person that listened to it (at my home) also thought it was not worth the money (I paid 900E less because it was a demo model, so it would have been 3000E). So I'm gonna stay on this thread and read about any changes and updates.
If I get the opportunity to listen to a better combo for the HD800 I will probably buy that. And I think that could be a HDVD600 with good dac combo.
So I will try to find as much info about that as I can.
Btw there are more people not happy with the dac of the HDVD800. So its taste or maybe not all HDVD800 sound the same.
Also what I heard was almost similar to my HD598 + Fiio E17 combo wich only costs 300E. Compared to what I already have I know what I want better, wich is a combo of what I heard in the store and what I heard at my home.
So basically my search continues :)
Great! I'm glad you still were in your "window" to return. That's a lot of money to shell out if you aren't happy with it.
Good luck as your quest for a match continues!
So you use both DACs to the same amps right?
Do you try Both DACs for the others amps? I am just trying to find out how the DAC acts in the system.
Well, I think even the DAC1 I have is a better DAC than the HDVD800 on board one in its own way. However, its makes my HDVD800 sounds more like an Rudistor RPX35 which is way too flat as a music phone~~~~ It does provide a lot of space and air, but in the same time also gets rid of some fun added by the HDVD800 too.
Thank you and your very welcome
Hi Frank, I thought you said you were going to compare the HDVD800 to the V200, WA7, and Taboo III? You also told us a while ago that you were going to stand your ground and wait until the hissing issue was resolved. What happened?
Also, what happened to all the specs you said you were going to publish in your review? You've been telling us for 3 months that you were waiting for the specs for your review...
You did post some specs here, but they aren't in the review. And we're still missing info about the opamps, capacitors used, etc. How about the USB processor, S/PDIF receiver, etc? What about the kind of circuit, ie: capacitor coupled, negative feedback, etc? I'm assuming it's negative feedback since in an early post you mentioned seeing 4 opamps in the window. This implies a negative feedback design, but then the output impedance wouldn't be so high...what gives? It sure would be nice to know that...
It was a nice review though - very descriptive and enjoyable to read. I do wish you had said more than, "it sounds really good with my headphones and music," but I suppose that's exactly what Sennheiser wanted, ay?
Edited by palmfish - 7/25/13 at 1:02pm
The specs were put on this site when Axel sent them to me.. I stated it was the best solid state amp I have heard so far and that means I thought it was better than the V200. This was a honest review with no regard to sennheiser having any input except to check my facts and nothing was edited. The only Spec that Axell Grell sent me were published here in this thread and everyone seen exactly all the information I was sent. Guess you missed that post. I stated in the review it was op -amp based. i have no idea what capacitors were used because sennheiser did not share any of that information. Whatever was given to me is posted. The op-amp design is in the review as well as the maximum power output. Those are also on this site. I have no idea what circuit it was because they never shared that information or anything else about negative feedback in their design. I wrote the review based on what I heard because in the end thats what its all about anyway. It sounds good except for the dac issues which were mentioned in the review. It also usually take me at least 60-90 days before I get the reviews written.
Edited by Frank I - 7/25/13 at 1:41pm
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 30 seconds ago
- › Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800... 1 minute ago
- › M50s overrated? 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 2 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 304 IEMs compared (Clear Tune Monitors WLS-5... 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Sicher
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe