- 81 Posts. Joined 10/2007
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HDVD800tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Divine Moments in Music Last post on Today at 7:16 am in Music
- Burson Conductor vs Sennheiser HDVD800: Amp/DAC for HD800 Last post on 5/30/14 at 5:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HELP! Suggestions for Sennheiser HD800 - HDVD800 or WA22? Last post on 4/15/14 at 8:21pm in High-end Audio Forum
- New Beyerdynamic amp A2 Last post on 7/24/14 at 9:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + HDVD800 Last post on 5/6/14 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was contacted by Brainwavz to review their new S5 in ear monitor. The set I received was a full retail package, but was provided to me by the manufacturer free of charge for review purposes. I...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
After being a creative fanboy for ever since,decided to try the asus STX II after reading some good reviews about the first one,from users over the net. compared to my previous creative ZXR which...
Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier - Page 89
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks and yes I returned it. I wanted to keep it, but it was just to expensive for what i got. What I heard for me was worth 1000Euro not 2100E (for HD/HDVD800), every person that listened to it (at my home) also thought it was not worth the money (I paid 900E less because it was a demo model, so it would have been 3000E). So I'm gonna stay on this thread and read about any changes and updates.
If I get the opportunity to listen to a better combo for the HD800 I will probably buy that. And I think that could be a HDVD600 with good dac combo.
So I will try to find as much info about that as I can.
Btw there are more people not happy with the dac of the HDVD800. So its taste or maybe not all HDVD800 sound the same.
Also what I heard was almost similar to my HD598 + Fiio E17 combo wich only costs 300E. Compared to what I already have I know what I want better, wich is a combo of what I heard in the store and what I heard at my home.
So basically my search continues :)
Great! I'm glad you still were in your "window" to return. That's a lot of money to shell out if you aren't happy with it.
Good luck as your quest for a match continues!
So you use both DACs to the same amps right?
Do you try Both DACs for the others amps? I am just trying to find out how the DAC acts in the system.
Well, I think even the DAC1 I have is a better DAC than the HDVD800 on board one in its own way. However, its makes my HDVD800 sounds more like an Rudistor RPX35 which is way too flat as a music phone~~~~ It does provide a lot of space and air, but in the same time also gets rid of some fun added by the HDVD800 too.
Thank you and your very welcome
thanks and appreciate your comments
Hi Frank, I thought you said you were going to compare the HDVD800 to the V200, WA7, and Taboo III? You also told us a while ago that you were going to stand your ground and wait until the hissing issue was resolved. What happened?
Also, what happened to all the specs you said you were going to publish in your review? You've been telling us for 3 months that you were waiting for the specs for your review...
You did post some specs here, but they aren't in the review. And we're still missing info about the opamps, capacitors used, etc. How about the USB processor, S/PDIF receiver, etc? What about the kind of circuit, ie: capacitor coupled, negative feedback, etc? I'm assuming it's negative feedback since in an early post you mentioned seeing 4 opamps in the window. This implies a negative feedback design, but then the output impedance wouldn't be so high...what gives? It sure would be nice to know that...
It was a nice review though - very descriptive and enjoyable to read. I do wish you had said more than, "it sounds really good with my headphones and music," but I suppose that's exactly what Sennheiser wanted, ay?
Edited by palmfish - 7/25/13 at 1:02pm
The specs were put on this site when Axel sent them to me.. I stated it was the best solid state amp I have heard so far and that means I thought it was better than the V200. This was a honest review with no regard to sennheiser having any input except to check my facts and nothing was edited. The only Spec that Axell Grell sent me were published here in this thread and everyone seen exactly all the information I was sent. Guess you missed that post. I stated in the review it was op -amp based. i have no idea what capacitors were used because sennheiser did not share any of that information. Whatever was given to me is posted. The op-amp design is in the review as well as the maximum power output. Those are also on this site. I have no idea what circuit it was because they never shared that information or anything else about negative feedback in their design. I wrote the review based on what I heard because in the end thats what its all about anyway. It sounds good except for the dac issues which were mentioned in the review. It also usually take me at least 60-90 days before I get the reviews written.
Edited by Frank I - 7/25/13 at 1:41pm
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 17 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamics DT880-250 ohms vs Sennheiser 598 (or something else) 28 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 36 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Semi-noob needing some advice for moving into speaker territory... 1 minute ago
- › Nuforce Primo 8 - an Audiophile Phase Coherent Quad Balanced... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 3 minutes ago
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jasonb
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)