- 81 Posts. Joined 10/2007
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HDVD800tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- HELP! Suggestions for Sennheiser HD800 - HDVD800 or WA22? Last post on Today at 7:09 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HD800 + HDVD800 Last post on 3/19/14 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jitter we all have it. How does it sound when we make it better ? Last post on 3/12/14 at 7:54pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Naim DAC-V1 & Sennheiser HDVD800 Last post on 2/24/14 at 5:21pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Would the HD700s be a good addition to existing HDVD800, HD800 and HD650 setup? Last post on 1/10/14 at 12:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
For several years now, Astrotec has been a name familiar to enthusiasts as a manufacturer of value-conscious, yet quality-engineered, balanced armature IEMs. This past year, they began shifting...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier - Page 89
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks and yes I returned it. I wanted to keep it, but it was just to expensive for what i got. What I heard for me was worth 1000Euro not 2100E (for HD/HDVD800), every person that listened to it (at my home) also thought it was not worth the money (I paid 900E less because it was a demo model, so it would have been 3000E). So I'm gonna stay on this thread and read about any changes and updates.
If I get the opportunity to listen to a better combo for the HD800 I will probably buy that. And I think that could be a HDVD600 with good dac combo.
So I will try to find as much info about that as I can.
Btw there are more people not happy with the dac of the HDVD800. So its taste or maybe not all HDVD800 sound the same.
Also what I heard was almost similar to my HD598 + Fiio E17 combo wich only costs 300E. Compared to what I already have I know what I want better, wich is a combo of what I heard in the store and what I heard at my home.
So basically my search continues :)
Great! I'm glad you still were in your "window" to return. That's a lot of money to shell out if you aren't happy with it.
Good luck as your quest for a match continues!
So you use both DACs to the same amps right?
Do you try Both DACs for the others amps? I am just trying to find out how the DAC acts in the system.
Well, I think even the DAC1 I have is a better DAC than the HDVD800 on board one in its own way. However, its makes my HDVD800 sounds more like an Rudistor RPX35 which is way too flat as a music phone~~~~ It does provide a lot of space and air, but in the same time also gets rid of some fun added by the HDVD800 too.
Thank you and your very welcome
Hi Frank, I thought you said you were going to compare the HDVD800 to the V200, WA7, and Taboo III? You also told us a while ago that you were going to stand your ground and wait until the hissing issue was resolved. What happened?
Also, what happened to all the specs you said you were going to publish in your review? You've been telling us for 3 months that you were waiting for the specs for your review...
You did post some specs here, but they aren't in the review. And we're still missing info about the opamps, capacitors used, etc. How about the USB processor, S/PDIF receiver, etc? What about the kind of circuit, ie: capacitor coupled, negative feedback, etc? I'm assuming it's negative feedback since in an early post you mentioned seeing 4 opamps in the window. This implies a negative feedback design, but then the output impedance wouldn't be so high...what gives? It sure would be nice to know that...
It was a nice review though - very descriptive and enjoyable to read. I do wish you had said more than, "it sounds really good with my headphones and music," but I suppose that's exactly what Sennheiser wanted, ay?
Edited by palmfish - 7/25/13 at 1:02pm
The specs were put on this site when Axel sent them to me.. I stated it was the best solid state amp I have heard so far and that means I thought it was better than the V200. This was a honest review with no regard to sennheiser having any input except to check my facts and nothing was edited. The only Spec that Axell Grell sent me were published here in this thread and everyone seen exactly all the information I was sent. Guess you missed that post. I stated in the review it was op -amp based. i have no idea what capacitors were used because sennheiser did not share any of that information. Whatever was given to me is posted. The op-amp design is in the review as well as the maximum power output. Those are also on this site. I have no idea what circuit it was because they never shared that information or anything else about negative feedback in their design. I wrote the review based on what I heard because in the end thats what its all about anyway. It sounds good except for the dac issues which were mentioned in the review. It also usually take me at least 60-90 days before I get the reviews written.
Edited by Frank I - 7/25/13 at 1:41pm
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 10 seconds ago
- › Vancouver meet anyone? 52 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @... 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 2 minutes ago
- › DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 3 minutes ago
- › A discussion of digital rangefinder style Cameras (ex. Leica M9,... 4 minutes ago
- › Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? 4 minutes ago
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob