New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Page 67

post #991 of 2388

since amp is not going to work for ie800..how about DAC only? does it work great with it?

post #992 of 2388
You can't drive a headphone, especially not an IEM, directly from a DAC. The amplifier section is always needed. The iPhone has a DAC and amp section for example. I would just use it from the iPhone and buy an iPod Nano, the latest version. It has a lower output impedance than the iPhone 5 meaning better control for bass and less frequency response variation.
Edited by vrln - 3/24/13 at 2:30am
post #993 of 2388
still wondering when the price will go down, but lately Sennheiser only increased its prices, it's just a shame to see wonderful headphones almost double in price in 2 years, pity

and to my question, will Sennheiser release a IE 900/90? i mean, a IE 80 succesor? with proper replaceable cable, universal tips maybe? i really loved the IE 8 and would like to see the new technology at work in a real successor, not a niche product

at this pace i'm getting jh 16 customs ordered all the way to Europe
post #994 of 2388
Quote:
Originally Posted by eroarex View Post

still wondering when the price will go down, but lately Sennheiser only increased its prices, it's just a shame to see wonderful headphones almost double in price in 2 years, pity

and to my question, will Sennheiser release a IE 900/90? i mean, a IE 80 succesor? with proper replaceable cable, universal tips maybe? i really loved the IE 8 and would like to see the new technology at work in a real successor, not a niche product

at this pace i'm getting jh 16 customs ordered all the way to Europe

Hey guys, I had IE800 for a few days. It is a wonderful headphone! The best in-ear I have ever heard until now:

 

Here are my full impressions on IE800, and here is a comparison to some other IEMS


Edited by dan.gheorghe - 3/24/13 at 5:51pm
post #995 of 2388
They're still cheaper than the k3003 if that helps. wink.gif
post #996 of 2388

Hi dan.gheorge,

 

Thanks for the nice review! wink_face.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe View Post

Hey guys, I had IE800 for a few days. It is a wonderful headphone! The best in-ear I have ever heard until now:

 

Here are my full impressions on IE800, and here is a comparison to some other IEMS

post #997 of 2388

I have been listening to a loaned pair for 15 mns now. First of all, love the design and build. Gorgeous ear jewels. Besides, great dynamics and bass kicks, just gets your feet tapping. And still keep good detail despite de strong bass. There are some imperfections, like in any iem, but enjoying them so far.

post #998 of 2388
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe View Post

Hey guys, I had IE800 for a few days. It is a wonderful headphone! The best in-ear I have ever heard until now:

 

Here are my full impressions on IE800, and here is a comparison to some other IEMS

Hi! Great Review! Can I ask you the serial number of the IE800 you used? Some are complaining about them beeing too bright and from your review they don't seem too hot in the treble... Maybe the problem was in the first batch...

I am really torn, because IE800 seems like what I am looking for but I can't stand harsh or bright headphones confused_face_2.gif


Edited by sdonati84 - 3/25/13 at 2:16am
post #999 of 2388

I´m very sensitive to bright treble. For example I find most Beyerdynamic cans completely unusable (the DT880 and T1 simply horrible, DT1350 I can manage) and sold my HD800 (tried 700, painful too) because of bright treble as well. I haven´t heard any brightness from my IE800 with a serial number ~250. The treble is not dark at all, it´s quite extended, but definitely not bright. The treble is very nice actually. My favorite dynamic full size headphone is the HD 650... The IE800 clearly goes higher, but it does so without getting bright.

 

There´s no harshness in the IE800, but the sound is very engaging, dynamic and powerful which might wear out some people used to a more relaxed sound signature. Absolutely the opposite of the typical audiophile easy listening tuning. I love both styles, but if I had to choose one it would be the IE800 style. We all hear differently, but in my experience the IE800 has zero problems with brightness.

 

PS: HD 650 vs. IE800, no contest at all. The IE800 is on a way different level.


Edited by vrln - 3/25/13 at 2:26am
post #1000 of 2388
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrln View Post

I´m very sensitive to bright treble. For example I find most Beyerdynamic cans completely unusable (the DT880 and T1 simply horrible, DT1350 I can manage) and sold my HD800 (tried 700, painful too) because of bright treble as well. I haven´t heard any brightness from my IE800 with a serial number ~250. The treble is not dark at all, it´s quite extended, but definitely not bright. The treble is very nice actually. My favorite dynamic full size headphone is the HD 650... The IE800 clearly goes higher, but it does so without getting bright.

 

There´s no harshness in the IE800, but the sound is very engaging, dynamic and powerful which might wear out some people used to a more relaxed sound signature. Absolutely the opposite of the typical audiophile easy listening tuning. I love both styles, but if I had to choose one it would be the IE800 style. We all hear differently, but in my experience the IE800 has zero problems with brightness.

 

PS: HD 650 vs. IE800, no contest at all. The IE800 is on a way different level.

Thank you, you've been really helpful ! smily_headphones1.gif

post #1001 of 2388
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdonati84 View Post

Hi! Great Review! Can I ask you the serial number of the IE800 you used? Some are complaining about them beeing too bright and from your review they don't seem too hot in the treble... Maybe the problem was in the first batch...

I am really torn, because IE800 seems like what I am looking for but I can't stand harsh or bright headphones confused_face_2.gif

Thank you. They have  s/n 02032 .

 

I did not find them bright at all and I am sensible to treble in general.

post #1002 of 2388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

I have been listening to a loaned pair for 15 mns now. First of all, love the design and build. Gorgeous ear jewels. Besides, great dynamics and bass kicks, just gets your feet tapping. And still keep good detail despite de strong bass. There are some imperfections, like in any iem, but enjoying them so far.

 

 

How do they compare to the 5.0's?

 

popcorn.gif

post #1003 of 2388
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe View Post

Hey guys, I had IE800 for a few days. It is a wonderful headphone! The best in-ear I have ever heard until now:

 

Here are my full impressions on IE800, and here is a comparison to some other IEMS

 

Thanks for the review ;)

post #1004 of 2388

Where Can I buy it from USA ?

post #1005 of 2388
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post


How do they compare to the 5.0's?

popcorn.gif
The 5.0 are more relaxed and have a more balanced sound. I prefer the 5.0 as an all rounder and it costs half the price....but the IE800 will get you bouncing and sometimes that s nice.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: