New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Page 61

post #901 of 1827
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post  I think he was just joking. Everything except a walrus fart has less bass than the FS Atrio. wink.gif

 

Perhaps FS employs walruses as consultants? tongue.gif

post #902 of 1827

They cost around $1200 in Australia.  

post #903 of 1827

To anyone staying in Singapore I definitely recommend Stereo. Those guys have virtually every UIEM and high-end headphone for demo. I could stay all night there if they allowed me too :)

 

Anyone can compare the IE800 and the Merlin in terms of presentation and musicality? They're pretty much the same price. 

post #904 of 1827

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio-Omega View Post

They cost around $1200 in Australia.  

 

Yup. It's shocking and I could and would never pay that price when their MSRP is 999 USD, which is about the same value as the Aussie dollar.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepGroove View Post

To anyone staying in Singapore I definitely recommend Stereo. Those guys have virtually every UIEM and high-end headphone for demo. I could stay all night there if they allowed me too :)

 

Anyone can compare the IE800 and the Merlin in terms of presentation and musicality? They're pretty much the same price. 

 

 

Never heard the Merlin, but I totally agree with you about Stereo in Singapore. I went to the Ion one (tried the IE800 there, heh) and they had pretty much everything to demo; it was quite simply amazing. The prices there are not especially cheap, but the range makes the trip worth it for me. I hear they have similar shops in Japan which take it to the next level...

post #905 of 1827
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepGroove View Post

To anyone staying in Singapore I definitely recommend Stereo. Those guys have virtually every UIEM and high-end headphone for demo. I could stay all night there if they allowed me too smily_headphones1.gif

Anyone can compare the IE800 and the Merlin in terms of presentation and musicality? They're pretty much the same price. 

They don't carry a lot of customs though, stereo that is.
post #906 of 1827
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepGroove View Post

To anyone staying in Singapore I definitely recommend Stereo. Those guys have virtually every UIEM and high-end headphone for demo. I could stay all night there if they allowed me too :)

 

As I understand, they also have the Pico Slim. That and the IE800 is a combination that deserves a serious listen. Unless you are worried about your wallet...

post #907 of 1827

The damage is done... I bought the IE800! Will post a full review next week after burning...

post #908 of 1827
Congrats to you though not your bank balance.
I have had mine about 1 month now and they still impress.
Main use is with my Astell & Kern AK100 solo or the AK100 and ibasso P2.
I do wish the ear buds were standard though.
Still not managed to locate spares actually in stock.
post #909 of 1827

I tried them to be okay and found them Ok i guess. I was informed they were unburned in and that they get better, so much so that the rep made a point of saying he will get me a pair over so i will be bringing more info very soon!

post #910 of 1827
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheznous View Post

Still not managed to locate spares actually in stock.

 

I ordered from a local dealer and it took almost a month until they got the spare tips.

post #911 of 1827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

I tried them to be okay and found them Ok i guess. I was informed they were unburned in and that they get better, so much so that the rep made a point of saying he will get me a pair over so i will be bringing more info very soon!

 

If these do not impress, then I would suggest there is an issue with the headphone, ie defective, or that there is a mismatch/suboptimal source/amp. I have had mine for several weeks now and these phones really are nothing short of phenomenal. When paired with an rwak they are excellent. When paired with my Tera Player...divine.

post #912 of 1827
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

 

I ordered from a local dealer and it took almost a month until they got the spare tips.

 

I may have to call Senn and see if I can order some direct. I have not found any on this side of the pond. Has anyone tried this yet?

post #913 of 1827
They were good earphones no doubt about that but with the price tag there is a lot consider. These were not defective and I tried with AK100 and MA9. Another head fier at the event trued and fell in love. Maybe with a bit of burn in and time I will feel the magic any how.
Edited by Swimsonny - 2/23/13 at 2:33pm
post #914 of 1827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

Maybe with a but of butt burn in and time I will feel the magic any how.

 

Fixed that for you. wink.gif

post #915 of 1827
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post

 

If these do not impress, then I would suggest there is an issue with the headphone, ie defective, or that there is a mismatch/suboptimal source/amp. I have had mine for several weeks now and these phones really are nothing short of phenomenal. When paired with an rwak they are excellent. When paired with my Tera Player...divine.

 

My Tera Player should be in early this week. 

 

Divine, I like this description!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: