New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Page 59

post #871 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by czqdtc View Post

guys, if you really want the ie800 to sing, pair it with colorfly c4! You'll get really wide sound stage (doesn't sound like ie800 right?) also thicker vocal, no bloated bass. This is the best combo I've heard, better than imod+ any amp or dx100 or hifiman 801.

 

I haven't heard the Colorfly C4, but it seems to have some bass roll-off with low impedance phones, just like the Tera PlayerSo, yeah, should be a good complement to the IE800.

post #872 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

 

I haven't heard the Colorfly C4, but it seems to have some bass roll-off with low impedance phones, just like the Tera PlayerSo, yeah, should be a good complement to the IE800.


What about the Tera players treble? I was under the impressios there may be some slight roll off there as well? At least I thought so due to its non-fatiguing nature allowing for hours upon hours of listening...

post #873 of 2136
I prefer the Studio V 3rd Ani with the IE800, over the Colorfly C4pro which I prefer with the ToGo! 334.
post #874 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

What about the Tera players treble? I was under the impressios there may be some slight roll off there as well? At least I thought so due to its non-fatiguing nature allowing for hours upon hours of listening...

 

Maybe. But if anything, it's not as pronounced as in the low end. I don't think I could discern a slight 1-2db roll-off just by A/Bing. The bass roll-off, however, is clearly noticeable in comparison with a flatter source.

post #875 of 2136

-


Edited by cooperpwc - 1/31/13 at 8:04am
post #876 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post

I prefer the Studio V 3rd Ani with the IE800, over the Colorfly C4pro which I prefer with the ToGo! 334.


That might be possible as I haven't heard the Studio V 3rd Ani and C4 should pair with 334 very well.

I'm so excited to get my 2nd pair of 334, this time with 000 cable btw!

woot! my wallet just screamed basshead.gif

post #877 of 2136

I am listening to Underworld now and the IE800 handles this kind of moody electronic music very well.

 

This morning I was listening to Classical on the train, Mahler and Rachmaninov. Overall I was pleased with the performance of the IE800. The presentation was a bit bold by Classical standards but an enjoyable listen. This is one genre where I think that ES5 really does do a better job in the sense that the extra texture and layering suits a large orchestra (and the less bold presentation also suits the genre in my view).

 

The isolation was better with Classical music than I had expected. I continue to be impressed by this aspect of the IE800. I am however using deep insertion.


Edited by cooperpwc - 2/1/13 at 5:16am
post #878 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

 

I haven't heard the Colorfly C4, but it seems to have some bass roll-off with low impedance phones, just like the Tera PlayerSo, yeah, should be a good complement to the IE800.

 

 

so my incoming Miracle would also have that roll off ... gosh.. good thing I have a dx100

 

I would also try the 1plus2 on the tera

post #879 of 2136

Good pics, spkrs01. This is how I insert the IE800. 

 

 

 

post #880 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post

Good pics, spkrs01. This is how I insert the IE800. 

 

 

 

 

Yours illustrate wearing the IE800 over the ear very well.beerchug.gif

 

I tried a few times wearing it this way with a smaller tip, but it was too much of a PITA for me especially since I use the phone a lot during the day. 

post #881 of 2136

Had my first  semisuccessful over the ear experience. Note the complication of deep insertion. It's hard to see, but the tip remained in my canal when I pulled the monitors out. Had to have a friend remove it with a small set of pliers I had on hand. basshead.gif  Thanks for the pics everyone, I think I have now finally learned how to insert them properly. I'm now an over the ear fan. In love with the sound.

 

post #882 of 2136

woodcans, this happened to me twice (but in my case it was attempts at deep insertion wearing them in front and down). Tweezers are good. :-)

post #883 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post

woodcans, this happened to me twice (but in my case it was attempts at deep insertion wearing them in front and down). Tweezers are good. :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post

woodcans, this happened to me twice (but in my case it was attempts at deep insertion wearing them in front and down). Tweezers are good. :-)
post #884 of 2136

I am mainly posting to get us past the nonsensical thread-killing post above.  blink.gif

 

I was really struck on the train today by how the IE800 is an extreme detail monster. I was listening to The Mamas and The Papas Greatest Hits and little vocal elements that I never paid much attention to before were intruding into my consciousness. Pico Slim is enhancing this effect no doubt. Power And The Glory by Gentle Giant is rocking the IE800 now. Too much bass? I don't think so.   biggrin.gif

post #885 of 2136
I have been noticing the same thing. I'm hearing all kinds of intricacies with familiar music that I've never heard before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post

I am mainly posting to get us past the nonsensical thread-killing post above.  blink.gif


I was really struck on the train today by how the IE800 is an extreme detail monster. I was listening to The Mamas and The Papas Greatest Hits and little vocal elements that I never paid much attention to before were intruding into my consciousness. Pico Slim is enhancing this effect no doubt. Power And The Glory by Gentle Giant is rocking the IE800 now. Too much bass? I don't think so.   biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: