New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Page 58

post #856 of 2486
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post

 

Yes, I think that the IE800 does have more bass. Next time I go to Hong Kong, I can make a direct comparison. (Edit: Just saw Jame`s post above. That looks right to me.)

 

I no longer find the IE800 to have too much bass. In particular, I have not used my -1db EQ setting since the Pico Slim arrived. I received a PM from a Head-fier who had also tried the Pico Slim + IE800 combination in Singapore and liked it. He said

 

 

The point about reining in the bass is interesting. The Pico Slim certainly does not reduce bass quantity; I have confirmed this on direct comparisons. (It does make the bass impact tighter.) However the slight rebalancing of the IE800 sound using the Pico Slim makes the bass fit in better. So I agree with the quotation above.


That's probably what he means by reign-in. It makes the bass noticeably tighter (more controlled) which I generally see a a big plus. I don't mind having a  lot of quantity but I want it to be well controlled and not fart-like ;).... As James says the IE800 has quite a bit more bass quantity in the sub bass region in comparison to the Fit Ear 334. That doesn't sound so bad IMO. I generally don't have a problem with deep sub bass as long as it doesn't overshadow the mids and treble.


Edited by lee730 - 1/30/13 at 12:13am
post #857 of 2486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini0510 View Post

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of owning K3003? The bass filter "decreases" the sound quality, make it veiled, etc. That's according to almost everyone who owned the AKGs

WIth bass filter, that would sound similar to my FX700 or PFE 232 with black filter. lol blink.gif

I was answering to your idea of equing the bass on the 3003s. I do it all the time as described. You misread "lifted" with "filter".


Edited by tumburu - 1/30/13 at 5:05am
post #858 of 2486
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleblanc343 View Post


Wow, the AKG k3003's we got in store last week was very punchy and had a lot of bass quantity! Are you sure you're not a basshead?

I'll give them another try thursday... But to me they've got more bass than neutral

 

I am. Well, I've been spoiled by Monster Turbines line up and JVC FX700.

Also it's due to the genre of music I listen to, which is mainly punk/pop rock, some hip pop and some pop.

No classic or orchestral music at all

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by tumburu View Post

I was answering to your idea of equing the bass on the 3003s. I do it all the time as described. You misread "lifted" with "filter".

 

Oh, well K3003 has around the same amount of bass as PFE 232 with gray filter. I tried to eq that and it was almost good enough.

But then I switched to the same eq settingt using the black filter this time. Then I was satisfied.

And I don't hardware eq, I use a random software/application on my iPod Touch. Feel free to look at the screenshots

 

 

***Disregarding the numbers, I don't think this EQ app is very strong.

 

FX700

 

 

PFE 232 Black filter

 

 

As you can see, I have hate towards 500 Hz.tongue.gif

I don't think K3003 or IE800 sound close. FX700 is ok without eq for me. But I just eq it anyways to make more suitable for my taste.


Edited by Mini0510 - 1/30/13 at 9:12am
post #859 of 2486

Quick first impressions after a few hours of listening straight out of an iphone 5. Wow!! I absolutely love the bass. Tight, deep, and detailed. Mids are awesome. Highs are great. These compare (by memory) favorably with my now sold JH's. Quite non-fatiguing, even at medium to high volume. Very realistic sound and (for iem's) wide stage. Detail retrieval is so good I have twice looked over my shoulder b/c I thought sounds were coming from behind me.

 

Now for the negative. Having a hard time getting a decent fit. The monitors keep slipping out of my ears. Maybe I have funny-shaped ears? I am in the process of trying all the tips, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

post #860 of 2486
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post

Quick first impressions after a few hours of listening straight out of an iphone 5. Wow!! I absolutely love the bass. Tight, deep, and detailed. Mids are awesome. Highs are great. These compare (by memory) favorably with my now sold JH's. Quite non-fatiguing, even at medium to high volume. Very realistic sound and (for iem's) wide stage. Detail retrieval is so good I have twice looked over my shoulder b/c I thought sounds were coming from behind me.

 

Now for the negative. Having a hard time getting a decent fit. The monitors keep slipping out of my ears. Maybe I have funny-shaped ears? I am in the process of trying all the tips, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

 

Try over the ears and behind the head. It gives a deep secure fit with the added advantage of no microphonics. It is the only way of wearing the IE800 that works for me.

post #861 of 2486

I think, in all honesty the IE800 were never designed to be worn over the ears. They fit so delicately in the opening between the tragus and anitragus.

 

Plus the tips are slightly angled a la pads on the HD800. Which would be the same worn over the ears but just harder getting the intended angle. By all means, one can fit over the ears but the IE800 just looks and feels awkward wearing it that way. 

 

Just my observations on my pair............

post #862 of 2486

Agreed that they were not designed to be / intended to be worn as James and I both wear them. Speaking for myself, I do it because it fits best that way. (YMMV)


Edited by cooperpwc - 1/30/13 at 7:30pm
post #863 of 2486

Well I am sure it varies from person to person, and no right or wrong ways to wearing the IE800. As you said "the best fit" is what counts.

 

I just find them worn this way so comfortable and easy to pop in and out. They feel so secure lodge in :) I use the largest tips, a shallow insertion and am able to get a great seal.  

 

 

Apologies for these absolutely terrible pictures but it illustrates how securely and comfy my pair of IE800 are:)


Edited by spkrs01 - 1/30/13 at 7:57pm
post #864 of 2486
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post

Agreed that they were not designed to be / intended to be worn as James and I both wear them. Speaking for myself, I do it because it fits best that way. (YMMV)

 

Yep, that's the point. They were not designed to be worn over the ears, but neither were they designed to be worn downwards while moving about. Maybe they were designed as funerary goods. wink.gif

post #865 of 2486
Thanks all for the comparison, I now have no doubt that this is the sound signature I crave for. I am making a trip to Singapore next 2 weeks and try it at stereo singapore. I heard they are awfully overprice there but if it sound as all has describe, I don't mind paying extra to get fast.
post #866 of 2486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post

Thanks all for the comparison, I now have no doubt that this is the sound signature I crave for. I am making a trip to Singapore next 2 weeks and try it at stereo singapore. I heard they are awfully overprice there but if it sound as all has describe, I don't mind paying extra to get fast.

 

 

My pair is giving me audiowood. basshead.gif

 

Haven't been able to take them out of my ears all evening. And if they hadn't fallen out several times they never would have come out. rolleyes.gif

post #867 of 2486

I have tried several times, but will keep at it. Maybe I'm just too used to my old customs and Klipsch x5's, all of which insert pretty deeply. These certainly do not.

 

Btw, I honestly don't think I have heard Led Zeppelin II sound this good before.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post

 

Try over the ears and behind the head. It gives a deep secure fit with the added advantage of no microphonics. It is the only way of wearing the IE800 that works for me.

post #868 of 2486
guys, if you really want the ie800 to sing, pair it with colorfly c4! You'll get really wide sound stage (doesn't sound like ie800 right?) also thicker vocal, no bloated bass. This is the best combo I've heard, better than imod+ any amp or dx100 or hifiman 801.
post #869 of 2486

If anyone in the Montreal area has the IE800's, feel free to PM me. I'd like to compare them to the k3003. You can also play around with my HD800/HE6/LCD3! beerchug.gif

post #870 of 2486
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post

Well I am sure it varies from person to person, and no right or wrong ways to wearing the IE800. As you said "the best fit" is what counts.

 

I just find them worn this way so comfortable and easy to pop in and out. They feel so secure lodge in :) I use the largest tips, a shallow insertion and am able to get a great seal.  

 

 

Apologies for these absolutely terrible pictures but it illustrates how securely and comfy my pair of IE800 are:)


lmao Spkrs the first picture looks like you got a nose in your ear (nostrils ;) lol.


Edited by lee730 - 1/30/13 at 10:11pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: