May I order online?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser IE800tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- Question Sennheiser IE 800 and Sony NW-ZX2 Last post on 5/20/15 at 12:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 3/26/15 at 8:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Difficult To Only Have 1 IEM That (Does it all!) Last post on 1/25/15 at 3:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beware of Sennheiser IE 800 fakes/counterfeits, question for owners Last post on 1/19/15 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for the most comfortable, best sounding IEM without an amp Last post on 12/29/14 at 7:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Dont let these tiny guys disappoint you by looks. Plug them in and you wont believe your ears. These are that good, It sounds like large over ear headphones. I have owned many earbuds like...
Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Page 56
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yeah, usually pretty high volume. So far I´ve mostly listened to genres that like to be played loud. The rumbling punchy bass goes over all environmental sounds. The IE800 really shine outside. Oh and I don´t hear that much wind noise either, perhaps I tend to wear them so that the vents don´t face the wind that much or something.
Edited by vrln - 1/26/13 at 9:19am
Pico Slim has been in the house for a full week. At last I have a portable rig to match the diminutive IE800 case.
I have been listening constantly on the road and at home over the last eight days. The Pico Slim has done exactly what I hoped with the IE800. As much as I love the IE800 sound signature - my favourite portable IEM to date - I do find that the soundstage can be a bit blanketing and claustrophobic, particularly in quiet environments. The mids are glorious but I find myself wishing that the sun would peak through just a bit. The Pico Slim has opened up the sound of the IE800, providing more space between the instruments and expanding the perceived size of the soundstage. In my view, it is perfect synergy, the missing spice in the mix.
A quality of the Pico Slim is that while it enhances the sense of space and separation, mids sound just a little less thick. This is why I did not like it with the ES5. To my taste it threw off the delicate balance between the mids and treble. (At least one other person on here had the same perception and at least one other person here likes the combination so it is a matter of taste.) I ended up trading away the Pico Slim and sticking with the Stepdance which is utterly neutral. Then when the IE800 came into my life, I found myself wanting the Pico Slim again. I thought that the extra dynamics of the Pico Slim would solve the IE800 blanket effect. I bought it again. And I was right.
In my view the IE800 has rebalanced the sound of the IE800 in the right direction. The greatest compliment I can pay to the Pico Slim + IE800 combination is that on Thursday I spent three hours on the couch in my flat listening to all sorts of music and absolutely in heaven. I had felt that the IE800 was a bit deficient as a home headphone, its bold sound signature too claustrophobic for the peace and quiet. No more. The IE800 is still soaring on subways, fast trains and city streets. And right now, in the quiet of my hotel room, it is hitting all the marks. The changes are subtle; the IE800 is still very much the IE800. The mids still stun. The bass is unchanged in quantity but tighter on the entry and exit. Overall the IE800 is just a bit brighter with a cleaner and more open ambience.
YMMV depending on your tastes but to me this is looking like an end game portable rig.
(Hah! When have you heard that on here before. )
Edited by cooperpwc - 1/28/13 at 3:16pm
Anyone know where I can get one in US from authorize dealer..
Audiowood, I hope that you find it soon. It still seems to be quite rare.
I am clocking some serious hours on the IE800 with my new rig. The business travel is part of it but I am also finding it to be just plain addictive.
However I am blessed to travel to Hong Kong regularly where I can hear a wide variety of IEMs including universal versions of customs.
Just go for custom made IEM. For me, its worth the money.
I am no longer interested in sealed BA IEMS - too hard on my ears. But in terms of just sound quality, the portable IEMs that I like the most (in no particular order) are the ES5, Private 335 and IE800.
The IEM that I haven't heard but most want to is the K3003.
The IE800 is fine unamped although the sound is a bit thick. It's very nice for running around town.
Edited by cooperpwc - 1/28/13 at 6:36pm
- Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 seconds ago
- › Popup ads 28 seconds ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 43 seconds ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 58 seconds ago
- › Best Closed Cans for Classical Music, $200 max. 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for over ear headphones with emphasis on vocals, but good... 2 minutes ago
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2