New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Page 34

post #496 of 2327

Thanks for all the early reviews / impressions guys. I'm itching to get my hands on a pair...!

post #497 of 2327

im keeping an open mind still - even though first reviews may be highlighting a few issues it takes a quite a few experienced ears  to get an overall impression of where they sit in the pecking order. Just have to look at HD800's, their regarded as a classic already but some of the early reviews were not flattering. (Not disputing James comments - it may be that his turns out to be favourable compared to others)

 

I must admit though being a Sennheiser fan I was hoping they would get rave first impressions 

post #498 of 2327

Hi guys,

 

Here's a release on the IE 800:

 

Sennheiser named as CES Innovations 2013 Design and Engineering Award Honoree for Its IE 800 High-End Headphones

 

Audio specialist Sennheiser today announced that it has been named an International CES Innovations 2013 Design and Engineering Awards Honoree for its IE 800 ear-canal phones. Products entered in this prestigious program are judged by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, engineers and members of the media to honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting-edge consumer electronics products across several different product categories.


The IE 800 high-end headphones, which feature a sleek design and scratch-resistant ceramic housing, are manufactured in Germany to meet the most discriminating demands of audiophile listeners. The dynamic, audiophile-grade, ear-canal phones offer brilliant trebles, a precise bass response and a detailed, lifelike sound with a frequency response of 5 to 46,500 Hz.

 

Outstanding ear-canal sound system
The interior of the IE 800 conceals many innovations, the centerpiece of which is Sennheiser’s specially developed Extra Wide Band (XWB) driver. With a diameter of just 7 mm, it is the smallest wide-band sound transducer currently available in dynamic headphones. Its operating principle ensures distortion-free sound. The miniature XWB driver developed by Sennheiser is able to perfectly reproduce the entire audible frequency spectrum and beyond. The advantage: music is played back with crystal-clear clarity and with absolute time precision.

 

The IE 800 also features a vented magnet system. The idea is actually quite simple and was used for the first time on Sennheiser’s HD 700 high-end headphones. “The oscillating motion of the diaphragm produces an air flow in the magnet system housing that causes the diaphragm to wobble slightly,” explained Axel Grell, Product Manager High-End at Sennheiser. “By positioning two precisely defined vents in the housing directly under the magnets, we can cause the air to flow in a specific direction. This minimizes the wobbling motion of the diaphragm and reduces total harmonic distortion to less than 0.06 percent.”

 

Highest wearing comfort

The optimum sound properties of the IE 800 are further enhanced by excellent wearing comfort. The housing is made of skin-friendly ceramic, while the ear sleeves are made of silicone. This rules out any risk of allergies or skin irritation. To guarantee a perfect fit, Sennheiser has developed new ear adapters with an oval shape based on extensive international studies in ergonomics. The IE 800 includes a selection of oval (S/M) and round (S/M/L) ear adapters for a custom-like fit.

 

About the CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards
The prestigious Innovations Design and Engineering Awards are sponsored by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®, the producer of the International CES and have been recognizing achievements in product design and engineering since 1976. The Best of Innovations honor is awarded to the products with the highest judges’ scores and will be featured in the Innovations Design and Engineering Showcase at the 2013 International CES.

 

The Innovations entries are judged based on the following criteria: Engineering qualities, based on technical specs and materials used; aesthetic and design qualities; the product’s intended use/function and user value; unique/novel features that consumers would find attractive; how the design and innovation of the product compares to other products in the marketplace.

Products chosen as an Innovations honoree reflect innovative design and engineering of the entries. Examples may include the first time various technologies are combined in a single product or dramatic enhancements to previous product designs. Innovations 2013 Design and Engineering honoree products are featured on www.CESweb.org/Innovations, which lists product categories, as well as each product name, manufacturer information, designer, description, photo and URL.

 

Here's the link to the full press release.

 

 

 
post #499 of 2327
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

 

I just mentioned the EX1000, because some have issues with their treble. To me, the IE800's highs sound sharper and potentially more offensive than the Sony's, but it may well be that different ears have different sensitivities.

Thank you James444.

Then i won't think about IE800 anymore. First, i really am annoyed with EX1000's treble spikes, although it seems better after burning for hundreds of hours. If IE800's high gets sharper and more offensive, i really can't accept that. Second, IE800 is pricey and, to me, is expensive, but i still wanna know how IE800 will compete with K3003. That will be a funny duel.

post #500 of 2327

the thing that's really bothering me is the cable length to the Y split!

post #501 of 2327
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post

the thing that's really bothering me is the cable length to the Y split!

X2. It seems like a strange mistake to make. I will have to find out for myself. Having a large head, it doesn't sound promising.
post #502 of 2327
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post


X2. It seems like a strange mistake to make. I will have to find out for myself. Having a large head, it doesn't sound promising.


lol same here :P

 

post #503 of 2327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini0510 View Post

so in which area is the IE 800 better than the FX700?

 

Better as in "objectively better"? That would be isolation. The rest is open to interpretation and personal preference.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaino View Post

As for the tips I think that the proprietary design maybe because Sennheiser needed another guard mesh on the tip as well as the bud to prevent any particles getting into the driver.  

 

I still fail to see the advantage in their new tip design over what everybody else does, at least for the consumer. Their marketing department may see things differently, but if they're planning to introduce printer cartridge marketing strategy to IEMs, they'd better discount the main product. wink.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedphonz View Post

im keeping an open mind still - even though first reviews may be highlighting a few issues it takes a quite a few experienced ears  to get an overall impression of where they sit in the pecking order. Just have to look at HD800's, their regarded as a classic already but some of the early reviews were not flattering. (Not disputing James comments - it may be that his turns out to be favourable compared to others)

 

Completely agree with you, please don't jump to premature conclusions based on my short audition. I'll give them a more in-depth examination when I get my own pair, and more impressions from other members are soon to follow as the IE800 hit the market.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias Gu View Post

Thank you James444.

Then i won't think about IE800 anymore. First, i really am annoyed with EX1000's treble spikes, although it seems better after burning for hundreds of hours. If IE800's high gets sharper and more offensive, i really can't accept that. Second, IE800 is pricey and, to me, is expensive, but i still wanna know how IE800 will compete with K3003. That will be a funny duel.

 

My K3003 are on loan, but I'll be able to do a direct comparison when I get them back in December. From memory, I'd give a clear nod to the K3003, but as we all know, audio memory can be deceptive.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post

the thing that's really bothering me is the cable length to the Y split!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post

X2. It seems like a strange mistake to make. I will have to find out for myself. Having a large head, it doesn't sound promising.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

lol same here :P

 

Actually, it's pretty easy to test it yourself with any pair of IEMs you have at hand. Just bind their cables together with a piece of duct tape at 25cm distance from the earpieces. Then try to put them over your ears. Welcome to the IE800 over-ear fitting simulator! wink.gif

post #504 of 2327

Sound like an upgraded IE80, but the only thing that went wrong is the pricing.

post #505 of 2327
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

 

Better as in "objectively better"? That would be isolation. The rest is open to interpretation and personal preference.

How about the sound quality in general? I know this is very opinion heavy, but it can still be objective in ways.

For examples, the deepness in bass, timbre on all the instruments especially.

 

From what I read so far, I think I will like the sound signature. But I won't dish out $1k unless the sound quality is "better", meaning that it's not necessary to compare FX700 and IE 800 side by side, just from memories, a person would say, " yes, it's better."

And at this, you only auditioned the IE 800 for a short period of time, so I'm just wondering, from your memories, how does the sound quality of FX700 compared to IE 800?

Well, I'm not sure if you still have the FX700 or used it recently.

Thanks

post #506 of 2327
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscular View Post

Sound like an upgraded IE80, but the only thing that went wrong is the pricing.

The price is more like about the new technology they applied from HD 700 but i think what actually went wrong is the result of sound quality.

post #507 of 2327
This was the hands on review from T3...


Delivering a huge amount of bass when required, the Sennhesier IE 800s are all about sonic detail even when passed a tricky dose of Skrillex. We tried some Apple Lossless John Lee Hooker followed by The Race by Yello on iPad: all trumpet parps and fast beats.

The tracking of the pace and sound staging was excellent and the vocal detail is clearly defined against loud percussion. In short, you’ll struggle to find sound quality like this is any in-ear headphones - or many on-ear headphones, in fact.

Sennhesier IE 800: Verdict

As the most expensive in-ears we’ve played with, the Sennhesier IE 800s manage to beat all comers and the closest rivals are pro audio Shure headphones with custom ear-moulds, the kind of headphones you see live musicians use during concerts. The IE 800s are more attractive and consumer friendly.

They scream luxury and deliver the goods from first listen. At twice the price of a very good pair of giant, over ear headphones, you’ll need to be convinced that in-ear headphones are your favoured option for commuting though...
post #508 of 2327
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSARider View Post

This was the hands on review from T3...

Delivering a huge amount of bass when required, the Sennhesier IE 800s are all about sonic detail even when passed a tricky dose of Skrillex. We tried some Apple Lossless John Lee Hooker followed by The Race by Yello on iPad: all trumpet parps and fast beats.
The tracking of the pace and sound staging was excellent and the vocal detail is clearly defined against loud percussion. In short, you’ll struggle to find sound quality like this is any in-ear headphones - or many on-ear headphones, in fact.
Sennhesier IE 800: Verdict
As the most expensive in-ears we’ve played with, the Sennhesier IE 800s manage to beat all comers and the closest rivals are pro audio Shure headphones with custom ear-moulds, the kind of headphones you see live musicians use during concerts. The IE 800s are more attractive and consumer friendly.
They scream luxury and deliver the goods from first listen. At twice the price of a very good pair of giant, over ear headphones, you’ll need to be convinced that in-ear headphones are your favoured option for commuting though...

 

the Shure SE535LTD-J + Baldur MKII cable got clearness + mids + trible and all of these with this combination beat all the other IEMs with less than 700$ and for the sound staging the after market cable does really super  so why would the people go for IE800?

 

post #509 of 2327
Because people like different sound signatures and of course choice.smily_headphones1.gif
post #510 of 2327
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSARider View Post

Because people like different sound signatures and of course choice.smily_headphones1.gif


yet what will does better you think? :P

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: