eaino, how is isolation? Do these seems to be vented or do the create a vacuum in the ear canal that has to be equalized?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser IE800tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 3/26/15 at 8:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Difficult To Only Have 1 IEM That (Does it all!) Last post on 1/25/15 at 3:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beware of Sennheiser IE 800 fakes/counterfeits, question for owners Last post on 1/19/15 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for the most comfortable, best sounding IEM without an amp Last post on 12/29/14 at 7:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats your go to sub $120 IEM? Last post on 1/17/15 at 2:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Disclaimer This unit was in my possession for a few days as part of the Australasian tour. I'd like to thank @FiiO and @Joe Bloggs for making this tour possible, and @Brooko for organizing...
One day before a long trip I found out that my earbuds was blown out, so I went to one near store to find some quick replacement, then I choose these because there was none of my...
I bought these headphones love / hate with the taste of the challenge. I learned that in Germany have discovered a reversible change to free the low and I started the monkey. I got them used to not...
sorry my English is Google translate The sound of these hifiman immediately like it or hate it. They have a strong character, perfect bass, brilliant highs, medium tone mind incorrect. A few years...
sorry my English is Google translate I bought this machine to see if such facilities exist hifi quality level beyond which the feeling of fidelity sound becomes real. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I...
Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Page 31
Gear mentioned in this thread:
at long last someone has got them in their hot little hands/ears - outstanding is a good first impression - often my first impression is the right one
The stainless steel vents are a bit strange, you can see small holes at the bottom but covering them up with your finger doesn't seem to effect the sound at all.
As they are so small they go pretty deep in the ear canal and seem to isolate pretty well as in so far as I couldn't hear the TV playing over my music. I really need to test them outside with the London Underground being the ultimate test.
for now - your the man LOL
are you able to describe the soundstage or detail - what other high end iems have you experience with that you can compare to ?
Iain, thanks for the compliment, and more thanks for your first impressions. Though I have to say, apart from your confirmation of outstanding sound quality, they're actually making me second-guess my order. I have rather large ears and a large head, so proprietory tips and over-ear use are both a cause for concern. Looks like it would be more prudent to wait and try these at a local dealer rather than import them from Germany. Hmm...
beside you cant replace the cables...i think that IE80 + Bladur MKII cable will do better... correct me if i was wrong
I have the Twags v2 paired with my IE8, im pretty content with it, other than for it's isolation.
But it does help me in a sense when there's traffic or thing around me, i get better awareness than total isolation.
That said I need to listen to these ie800 to judge.
- Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 52 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 3 minutes ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › WTB - Schiit Modi OR Schiit Modi 2 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FXT90 Appreciation Thread [User-Info/Buying Guide/Reviews on... 5 minutes ago
- › Help with headphone amplifier for computer 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fnkcow
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by 1Infinity
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by 1Infinity
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 by 1Infinity
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Currawong
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by svyr
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by earfonia
- › Topping NX1 Earphone Headphone Portable Stereo MP3 Amplifier by DJScope
- › Minerva Mi-Performer Pro Silicone Custom IEM by CantScareMe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2