eaino, how is isolation? Do these seems to be vented or do the create a vacuum in the ear canal that has to be equalized?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser IE800tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- Question Sennheiser IE 800 and Sony NW-ZX2 Last post on 6/3/15 at 5:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 8/3/15 at 4:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Difficult To Only Have 1 IEM That (Does it all!) Last post on 1/25/15 at 3:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beware of Sennheiser IE 800 fakes/counterfeits, question for owners Last post on 8/21/15 at 2:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for the most comfortable, best sounding IEM without an amp Last post on 12/29/14 at 7:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
The KZ-ED9 is one of the best in-ear phones i ever heard. Tried a lot and spend a lot on very expensives ie earphones. This one is my favorite, very detailed sound! Use it with the Ibasso Dx90 and...
I don't really want to talk about the use of these for music. They were once the king under $100, and still are very good for the price -- but the best low-end headphones today would give all but...
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Page 31
Gear mentioned in this thread:
at long last someone has got them in their hot little hands/ears - outstanding is a good first impression - often my first impression is the right one
The stainless steel vents are a bit strange, you can see small holes at the bottom but covering them up with your finger doesn't seem to effect the sound at all.
As they are so small they go pretty deep in the ear canal and seem to isolate pretty well as in so far as I couldn't hear the TV playing over my music. I really need to test them outside with the London Underground being the ultimate test.
for now - your the man LOL
are you able to describe the soundstage or detail - what other high end iems have you experience with that you can compare to ?
Iain, thanks for the compliment, and more thanks for your first impressions. Though I have to say, apart from your confirmation of outstanding sound quality, they're actually making me second-guess my order. I have rather large ears and a large head, so proprietory tips and over-ear use are both a cause for concern. Looks like it would be more prudent to wait and try these at a local dealer rather than import them from Germany. Hmm...
beside you cant replace the cables...i think that IE80 + Bladur MKII cable will do better... correct me if i was wrong
I have the Twags v2 paired with my IE8, im pretty content with it, other than for it's isolation.
But it does help me in a sense when there's traffic or thing around me, i get better awareness than total isolation.
That said I need to listen to these ie800 to judge.
- Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 41 seconds ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 49 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? 4 minutes ago
- › Hottest Sonic Electronix deals and promotions. 5 minutes ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2