eaino, how is isolation? Do these seems to be vented or do the create a vacuum in the ear canal that has to be equalized?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser IE800tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- Question Sennheiser IE 800 and Sony NW-ZX2 Last post on 5/20/15 at 12:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 3/26/15 at 8:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Difficult To Only Have 1 IEM That (Does it all!) Last post on 1/25/15 at 3:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beware of Sennheiser IE 800 fakes/counterfeits, question for owners Last post on 1/19/15 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for the most comfortable, best sounding IEM without an amp Last post on 12/29/14 at 7:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Page 31
Gear mentioned in this thread:
at long last someone has got them in their hot little hands/ears - outstanding is a good first impression - often my first impression is the right one
The stainless steel vents are a bit strange, you can see small holes at the bottom but covering them up with your finger doesn't seem to effect the sound at all.
As they are so small they go pretty deep in the ear canal and seem to isolate pretty well as in so far as I couldn't hear the TV playing over my music. I really need to test them outside with the London Underground being the ultimate test.
for now - your the man LOL
are you able to describe the soundstage or detail - what other high end iems have you experience with that you can compare to ?
Iain, thanks for the compliment, and more thanks for your first impressions. Though I have to say, apart from your confirmation of outstanding sound quality, they're actually making me second-guess my order. I have rather large ears and a large head, so proprietory tips and over-ear use are both a cause for concern. Looks like it would be more prudent to wait and try these at a local dealer rather than import them from Germany. Hmm...
beside you cant replace the cables...i think that IE80 + Bladur MKII cable will do better... correct me if i was wrong
I have the Twags v2 paired with my IE8, im pretty content with it, other than for it's isolation.
But it does help me in a sense when there's traffic or thing around me, i get better awareness than total isolation.
That said I need to listen to these ie800 to judge.
- Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 2 seconds ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! 17 seconds ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 31 seconds ago
- › Asus Xonar DG[x] question. 1 minute ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-XC 1 minute ago
- › RHA T10i vs Shure IEMS 1 minute ago
- › Definitive List of Well-Recorded Rock Albums 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2