eaino, how is isolation? Do these seems to be vented or do the create a vacuum in the ear canal that has to be equalized?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser IE800tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- Beware of Sennheiser IE 800 fakes/counterfeits, question for owners Last post on 1/19/15 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for the most comfortable, best sounding IEM without an amp Last post on 12/29/14 at 7:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats your go to sub $120 IEM? Last post on 1/17/15 at 2:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphone Burn - in or Break - in...?? Last post on 12/24/14 at 8:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HiFi Headphones UK dem - Dita, Final, Sennheiser, Shure Last post on 12/23/14 at 5:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Page 31
Gear mentioned in this thread:
at long last someone has got them in their hot little hands/ears - outstanding is a good first impression - often my first impression is the right one
The stainless steel vents are a bit strange, you can see small holes at the bottom but covering them up with your finger doesn't seem to effect the sound at all.
As they are so small they go pretty deep in the ear canal and seem to isolate pretty well as in so far as I couldn't hear the TV playing over my music. I really need to test them outside with the London Underground being the ultimate test.
for now - your the man LOL
are you able to describe the soundstage or detail - what other high end iems have you experience with that you can compare to ?
Iain, thanks for the compliment, and more thanks for your first impressions. Though I have to say, apart from your confirmation of outstanding sound quality, they're actually making me second-guess my order. I have rather large ears and a large head, so proprietory tips and over-ear use are both a cause for concern. Looks like it would be more prudent to wait and try these at a local dealer rather than import them from Germany. Hmm...
beside you cant replace the cables...i think that IE80 + Bladur MKII cable will do better... correct me if i was wrong
I have the Twags v2 paired with my IE8, im pretty content with it, other than for it's isolation.
But it does help me in a sense when there's traffic or thing around me, i get better awareness than total isolation.
That said I need to listen to these ie800 to judge.
- Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 8 seconds ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 13 seconds ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 15 seconds ago
- › How many types of DTS are there? 29 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Why is my PC's volume so low? 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › Metrum NOS Hex Flagship DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 3 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Appreciation & Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3