New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Page 29

post #421 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

I do think it's an issue, but not nearly as much as you make it out to be. 


That is because you don't hear it as I do & the spikes aren't painful for you to listen to. So of course our opinions will greatly differ. I'm in no way exaggerating either, it was literally painful for me to listen to these IEMs. Felt like being stabbed in my ear drums. Not sure if you know that feeling.


Edited by lee730 - 11/12/12 at 12:04pm
post #422 of 2136

At higher volumes yes, specially with bright recordings. Any further can be taken to the EX1000 thread.

 

I think I've seen a IE800 graph and it does have a 5.5k spike as well though seems smaller, maybe at 7550 levels. 


Edited by Inks - 11/12/12 at 12:06pm
post #423 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

At higher volumes yes, specially with bright recordings. Any further can be taken to the EX1000 thread. I think I've seen a IE800 graph and it doesn't have a midhigh spike. 


For me it was across the board and only on a few select tracks bearable. At the volumes I would have to listen to to not pick up Treble spikes would mean no dynamics to this IEM (no enjoyment at all). Kinda the same thing I ran into with the FX700 but the fact is the imaging is superb on the FX700 even at low volumes. But still a compromise no matter how you look at it. I'll leave it at that.


Edited by lee730 - 11/12/12 at 12:08pm
post #424 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

That is because you don't hear it as I do & the spikes aren't painful for you to listen to. So of course our opinions will greatly differ. I'm in no way exaggerating either, it was literally painful for me to listen to these IEMs. Felt like being stabbed in my ear drums. Not sure if you know that feeling.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

I think I've seen a IE800 graph and it does have a 5.5k spike as well ...

 

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll keep this in mind for my loan tour. Would be a pity if someone got hurt.

post #425 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

 

 

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll keep this in mind for my loan tour. Would be a pity if someone got hurt.

 

 

DRgOY.gif

post #426 of 2136
I always insert IEMs with spikes facing outward.
post #427 of 2136
Lol guys.

Well the 7550 has the spike too, but its toned down compared to the EX1K and many don't complain about it. I think the IE800 would be like the 7550 in this aspect.
post #428 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


I don't have the AKG3003. I had them for a bit over 2 weeks time. IMO they were clearly an upgrade over the EX1000. Even with the treble filter they weren't nearly as harsh lol. I would have bought them if not for my Tralucent 1Plus2s. But I can say if you really love treble the AKGs are hard to beat. A very neutral sound, wide sound stage. Keep in mind the newer revised 1Plus2s are a completely different beast. Take a look at the Tralucent Audio thread and maybe even keep it in mind. If indeed this IEM is more detailed than HD800 then you can bet your dollar the treble will be killer on it. The review units won't be going out til sometime this week or the beginning of next week. :)

I have the K3003 and listen to my brother's EX1000 these days.

 

I'll specify from the start that I'm very sensitive to high frequencies. I think the AKGs are on another level in terms of detail and they also isolate better, but are more fatiguing. However, the Sonys have a bit more bass, not sure if the level of detail in the lows is better, but they have a bit more bass quantity, and I definitely like that (I'm not a bass head, I have the IE80s and I don't listen to them). They also have a bigger soundstage.

 

Going from the AKGs to the Sonys is a relaxing experience to these ears. If some find them too bright I suppose it's because of listening to high levels. I personally listen to low levels, I have very sensitive ears, and there's no harshness on EX1000 when listening at reasonable levels. They are very serious IEMs. On the other hand I rarely listen to K3003 without eq-ing the 5.5kHz peak.


Edited by tumburu - 11/12/12 at 5:40pm
post #429 of 2136

I can let the music blow my ears thru the EX1000 for 24/7 without feeling any fatigue. I am only concerned about the cable durability. Where can I get a pair of replacement cable when the stock one breaks?

post #430 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumburu View Post

I have the K3003 and listen to my brother's EX1000 these days.

 

I'll specify from the start that I'm very sensitive to high frequencies. I think the AKGs are on another level in terms of detail and they also isolate better, but are more fatiguing. However, the Sonys have a bit more bass, not sure if the level of detail in the lows is better, but they have a bit more bass quantity, and I definitely like that (I'm not a bass head, I have the IE80s and I don't listen to them). They also have a bigger soundstage.

 

Going from the AKGs to the Sonys is a relaxing experience to these ears. If some find them too bright I suppose it's because of listening to high levels. I personally listen to low levels, I have very sensitive ears, and there's no harshness on EX1000 when listening at reasonable levels. They are very serious IEMs. On the other hand I rarely listen to K3003 without eq-ing the 5.5kHz peak.


Not sure if this may give you an idea about my volume listening levels but on my iphone4 I'd normally listen at half volume, maybe slightly less. With the EX1000 I'd have to be less than a quarter volume to not be in pain or fatigued. Generally speaking I don't listen at very loud volumes but I like to have a decent volume regardless. Being limited to extremely low volumes is no fun. I tend to pump it up when I first start listening then after a few songs turn it down even more. The more I listen the lower I put the volume actually.


Edited by lee730 - 11/12/12 at 6:13pm
post #431 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

 

 

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll keep this in mind for my loan tour. Would be a pity if someone got hurt.


Yeah those spike are a killer! devil_face.gif

post #432 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias Gu View Post

Any other recommendation for replacing EX1000?

I am thinking about it.


replace the ex600 cable with the ex1000 cable. trust me =)

 

if you are already using the ex1000 cable and still has problems, then time to sell the ex1000 xD

 

 

 

back to topic, i will get to listen to the ie800 next week. i hope it doesnt sound like an hd700 haha

post #433 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyaems View Post


replace the ex600 cable with the ex1000 cable. trust me =)

 

if you are already using the ex1000 cable and still has problems, then time to sell the ex1000 xD

 

 

 

back to topic, i will get to listen to the ie800 next week. i hope it doesnt sound like an hd700 haha

 

Looking forward to your comparisons.

post #434 of 2136

Interesting enough, I never find the EX1000's treble harsh. In fact I loved the sparkle a lot. It's airy and beautiful, not like some of the BA highs that can be painfully bright and harsh. (BTW, I love the treble of AKG K701 too.)

I find EX1000 has the most beautiful highs I have ever heard in any IEMs.

For BAs, it's whole another story. I hate sparkles in BA IEMs and much prefer the highs on Westone 4 (gentle roll-off with good extension). I even found the JH13 and 334 a bit too harsh sometimes...

post #435 of 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumburu View Post

I have the K3003 and listen to my brother's EX1000 these days.

 

I'll specify from the start that I'm very sensitive to high frequencies. I think the AKGs are on another level in terms of detail and they also isolate better, but are more fatiguing. However, the Sonys have a bit more bass, not sure if the level of detail in the lows is better, but they have a bit more bass quantity, and I definitely like that (I'm not a bass head, I have the IE80s and I don't listen to them). They also have a bigger soundstage.

 

Going from the AKGs to the Sonys is a relaxing experience to these ears. If some find them too bright I suppose it's because of listening to high levels. I personally listen to low levels, I have very sensitive ears, and there's no harshness on EX1000 when listening at reasonable levels. They are very serious IEMs. On the other hand I rarely listen to K3003 without eq-ing the 5.5kHz peak.

Exactly same experience here. I never found EX1000 to be too bright or harsh. These ears only hear harshness in BA drivers.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: