New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Page 16

post #226 of 2163

Well, I'm a Samsung Galaxy SIII owner, but won't be needing the remote control cable at all. On the other hand, the modular cable is very, very welcome. Imo, the future of portable audio is wireless.

 

Glad to see Sennheiser trying to cover all basis.

post #227 of 2163

You'd hope so at their initial asking price ;).
 

post #228 of 2163
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

You'd hope so at their initial asking price ;).

 

Funny, eh? I just don't think it's so expensive. I guess I spend too much time around the Final Audio thread, AKG K3003 etc. To me, the IE 800 is looking like a less expensive quality alternative to certain other choice IEMs.


Edited by cooperpwc - 8/31/12 at 7:48am
post #229 of 2163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaffeemann View Post

"The high-end earphones were developed and designed at Sennheiser's headquarters in Germany and will be produced here too."

 

http://www.sennheiser.co.uk/uk/home_en.nsf/root/press_releases_ie_800
 

 

Explains the high price tag.

 

 

Omg. this gets me so excited! Ahhhh

 

makes me reconsider buying an IE80 now...

post #230 of 2163
post #231 of 2163

About as amateur as it gets but it was nice to see the included ear tips. Also the cable looks nice and soft. 

post #232 of 2163

hmm I like my dynamic drivers but I am worried these will have elevated bass.  Guess I will have to wait and see.


Edited by drez - 9/1/12 at 1:38am
post #233 of 2163

God, that video of the guy shoving fuzzy IEMs in my face made me want to punch something.  L2 focal length!

post #234 of 2163

 Those tips didn't look very "oval" shaped to me. 

post #235 of 2163
Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post

hmm I like my dynamic drivers but I am worried these will have elevated bass.  Guess I will have to wait and see.

 

The rear ports are designed to prevent bass bloat so I am guessing that elevated bass is not the targeted sound signature. We will see.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post

God, that video of the guy shoving fuzzy IEMs in my face made me want to punch something.  L2 focal length!

 

And he has the gall to offer it in 1050HD. More technology than skill.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

 Those tips didn't look very "oval" shaped to me. 

 

I think that the two sets of tips on the left are the S/M and M/L oval tips. It also has three sets of standard tips (including the ones installed on the IEM). It seems that Sennheiser's meaning for oval is elongated towards the rear rather than curving back in. I think that the tips have potential.

post #236 of 2163

I sure hope so especially in this price range. Their last gen of IEMs-tips left a whole lot to be desired.... rolleyes.gif

 

I'm curious though if the sound staging will be on par with the IE80 or even bigger?
 

post #237 of 2163

Here I think that the tips on the very left anyway are the ovals.

 

 

 

Nice camera work, dude.

post #238 of 2163

They look the same just smaller, generic, nothing like genuine oval tips from Klipsch. I was hoping for the Klipsch oval shape with a bigger bore opening, oh well. 

post #239 of 2163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

They look the same just smaller, generic, nothing like genuine oval tips from Klipsch. I was hoping for the Klipsch oval shape with a bigger bore opening, oh well. 

 

I think Klipsch patented their oval tips.

post #240 of 2163
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

I sure hope so especially in this price range. Their last gen of IEMs-tips left a whole lot to be desired.... rolleyes.gif

 

I'm curious though if the sound staging will be on par with the IE80 or even bigger?
 

I speculate them to have bigger soundstage given the two ventilation.

 

But at the same time perhaps also less isolation.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: