New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Page 145

post #2161 of 2339

Your lucky bastards:beyersmile:, in the EU  936.35 dollar, but I wait till the price drops.When the IE80 came on the market in 2011,they were priced 299 Euro (400.50 dollar) ,today they sell at 185 Euro (247.90 dollar) .

I wonder how they can sell at this relative low price,as they are enginered and produced in Germany, so the high price is partly explained due to the high salaries of specialized people,not to mention the research cost, because we are talking about new technology here. That makes me wonder how imported IEM´s ,which also cost money by the way in Canada can be this low,at 447 Euro and "our" price is 699 Euro, or in dollar see above?

post #2162 of 2339

You could just buy them from the Canadian site :)

They offer international shipping at $34 and even accounting for the import duties they would still be a bargain by the time they got (back) to the EU.

post #2163 of 2339
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rangutan View Post

You could just buy them from the Canadian site smily_headphones1.gif
They offer international shipping at $34 and even accounting for the import duties they would still be a bargain by the time they got (back) to the EU.
Shush!

You're not supposed to be putting those thoughts in my mind!

From my system I work with...

CAD599 CONVERTED THROUGH COMMON CURRENCY GBP
RATE BSR 1GBP - 1.8307 CAD
GBP 327.19 TRUNCATED
GBP 327.00 ROUNDED TO NEAREST 1 - FARES
GBP 327.20 ROUNDED TO NEAREST 0.1 - TAXES
GBP327.00 CONVERTED THROUGH COMMON CURRENCY GBP
RATE BSR 1GBP - 1.2637 EUR
EUR 413.229 TRUNCATED
EUR 414.00 ROUNDED UP TO NEXT 1 - FARES
EUR 413.23 ROUNDED UP TO NEXT 0.01 - TAXES

...That is nearly half price biggrin.gif
post #2164 of 2339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post

Great bargain at that price smily_headphones1.gif

Wish the UK would have a similar sale, would pick up a spare pair for sure!!


Hi Duncan

 

Got mine from Doug Brady's at Warrington, authorised dealer.  £30 off  + free pp, although not as cheap as USA.

 

http://www.dougbradyhifi.com/p-2571-sennheiser-ie800-in-ear-headphones.aspx

post #2165 of 2339
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsincere View Post


Yes this is what I have noticed as well as I have two sets as I sent one back on warranty to be replaced I never knew the cables were this supple my first were really stiff out of the box....as far as microphonics go yes it could be better but I don't find it a major distraction and I also rest fitted and Sennheiser clip which I have extras and it works very well too....The sound on these are just great as owning the Shure SE846 as well I find I just prefer the sound of these a little more so than the Shure even though they're great too

Has anyone had better luck with their IE800 after having them replaced by Sennheiser for stiffening/hardening upper cables. I've had mine for one month and their going for warranty replacement today. This is totally unacceptable for an IEM with a MSRP of a thousand dollars. I've read here that the magic serial number range is post 20000, my current serial is 17xxx. I hope it's a permanent fix and not an extended temporary patch. Any replies would be appreciated and would give me renewed faith in Sennheiser.

post #2166 of 2339
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbike999 View Post


Hi Duncan

Got mine from Doug Brady's at Warrington, authorised dealer.  £30 off  + free pp, although not as cheap as USA.

http://www.dougbradyhifi.com/p-2571-sennheiser-ie800-in-ear-headphones.aspx

Do they have an actual store in Warrington or are they online based? I really want to go and demo some stax.
post #2167 of 2339

Hi James.  Yes, they have a store in Warrington.   They originally started off in Liverpool many years ago and then moved to Warrington when the Liverpool area was being re-developed. 

I bought a Linn/Naim system from them in the '80s.

 

The store address is on the web site.

post #2168 of 2339
Quote:
Originally Posted by chawya22 View Post
 

Has anyone had better luck with their IE800 after having them replaced by Sennheiser for stiffening/hardening upper cables. I've had mine for one month and their going for warranty replacement today. This is totally unacceptable for an IEM with a MSRP of a thousand dollars. I've read here that the magic serial number range is post 20000, my current serial is 17xxx. I hope it's a permanent fix and not an extended temporary patch. Any replies would be appreciated and would give me renewed faith in Sennheiser.


Hi Chawya22.  I bought mine on 1st July 2014, with a serial of 21***  No problems with the cable so far.

post #2169 of 2339
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbike999 View Post
 


Hi Chawya22.  I bought mine on 1st July 2014, with a serial of 21***  No problems with the cable so far.

The same date I bought mine. Going by the serial number, mine seems to have been from a much older batch. I just put mine in the mail and Sennheiser paid for the shipping, which is a good thing. Hopefully with serial # 20000 and beyond, Senn has sorted out the problem. I still have 30 more days on my trial from the retailer. I love the sound and would hate to permanently return them. Thank you for getting back to me.

post #2170 of 2339
Quote:
Originally Posted by chawya22 View Post

The same date I bought mine. Going by the serial number, mine seems to have been from a much older batch. I just put mine in the mail and Sennheiser paid for the shipping, which is a good thing. Hopefully with serial # 20000 and beyond, Senn has sorted out the problem. I still have 30 more days on my trial from the retailer. I love the sound and would hate to permanently return them. Thank you for getting back to me.
Yeah I'm thinking the same with the serial numbers, I think maybe the upper cables are of a different composition now much more supple I hope this will solve the problem, as I don't know why Sennheiser hasn't said anything about this or made it known but I guess they're just making improvements through the product cycle...and since there's a pretty good warranty with these they just figure of people have the older product as I did they will simply return for and upgrade....but this also brings with it bad word of mouth on the product "first serial number with mine were 041** " I think the reseller here just sent them to the supplier and they just gave me a new upper half because I got back the original case and all, that was a first as I've always gotten just a totally new package...but everything is right so I didn't even complain as the wait had been too long 😠 so long in fact that I brought a second pair from another retailer, and by the time I got these back the ones I had just brought had the cable stiffening problem but weirdly only on the left cable as when I compared the new set I just got back with the one recently purchased, the right cable was very similar to the replaced set where as the left cable was more so like the first pair I sent back" very strange indeed.." But the guys here at this retailer have a good rep...and my wife dropped them by they took them back so I'll see how long it'll take to get them back being how they were only 1 month old....well I told my wifey she can have the new set when it comes back because she likes them a lot too 😋 so that's a plus as well...a lot of people love the size because they aren't so big and yet the sound is....
post #2171 of 2339
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbike999 View Post


Hi Chawya22.  I bought mine on 1st July 2014, with a serial of 21***  No problems with the cable so far.
Takes a lot longer than that for the cable to start going stiff...

...I believe it took mine about three months to start going like that (with lots of weather / element exposure)...

Wouldn't guarantee it yet, but - would like your opinion in a couple of months on the suppleness of the cable then, as - I might well still want to get mine swapped out smily_headphones1.gif
post #2172 of 2339
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsincere View Post


Yeah I'm thinking the same with the serial numbers, I think maybe the upper cables are of a different composition now much more supple I hope this will solve the problem, as I don't know why Sennheiser hasn't said anything about this or made it known but I guess they're just making improvements through the product cycle...and since there's a pretty good warranty with these they just figure of people have the older product as I did they will simply return for and upgrade....but this also brings with it bad word of mouth on the product "first serial number with mine were 041** " I think the reseller here just sent them to the supplier and they just gave me a new upper half because I got back the original case and all, that was a first as I've always gotten just a totally new package...but everything is right so I didn't even complain as the wait had been too long 😠 so long in fact that I brought a second pair from another retailer, and by the time I got these back the ones I had just brought had the cable stiffening problem but weirdly only on the left cable as when I compared the new set I just got back with the one recently purchased, the right cable was very similar to the replaced set where as the left cable was more so like the first pair I sent back" very strange indeed.." But the guys here at this retailer have a good rep...and my wife dropped them by they took them back so I'll see how long it'll take to get them back being how they were only 1 month old....well I told my wifey she can have the new set when it comes back because she likes them a lot too 😋 so that's a plus as well...a lot of people love the size because they aren't so big and yet the sound is....

Thats funny that only your left cable because, that's the one that started to hardened on mine. The disturbing thing that I read on Sennheiser's warranty page is, the warranty on the replacement is good for 90 days or the normal warranty period from the original purchase date, whichever is longest. To me that says, after 2 years you're on your own, regardless if they ever figure out what the cause is. I just have a problem with a $1000 IEM being a throw away, worst case scenario, or pay some ridiculous replacement cost because of a known defect. I'm hoping they've gotten it sorted out now. BTW, when I called Sennheiser (I wanted to know what I was suppose to return, as it turned out, everything), no one had heard of this problem, not even the product specialist. Go figure! 


Edited by chawya22 - 8/5/14 at 11:17am
post #2173 of 2339
Quote:
Originally Posted by chawya22 View Post

Thats funny that only your left cable, because that's the one that started to hardened on mine. The disturbing thing that I read on Sennheiser's warranty page is, the warranty on the replacement is good for 90 days or the normal warranty period from the original purchase date, whichever is longest. To me that says, after 2 years you're on your own, regardless if they ever figure out what the cause is. I just have a problem with a $1000 IEM being a throw away, worst case scenario, or pay some ridiculous replacement cost because of a known defect. I'm hoping they've gotten it sorted out now. BTW, when I called Sennheiser (I wanted to know what I was suppose to return, as it turned out, everything), no one had heard of this problem, not even the product specialist. Go figure! 

I'm pretty sure they've heard of it by now, it's ok as long as they're actively pursuing a fix for the problem things happen sometimes and I understand this...I just wish maybe they would've made it known that it was a known issue and they were fixing it because sound wise these are damn good IEMs...and the innovation is astounding. I love the air or free flow and that you don't get that stuffy head IEM feeling after listing for long periods of time "yes we get used to it so it's not a major issue with others but when you wear these and sometimes I notice it like wow it's really nice". Sometimes it can be a good thing for things like this to happen as long as it's taken care of being in that Sennheiser will most likely learn and get some valuable input from what has happened. "We must always continue to learn because with valuable lessons come great products"😉....I'll wait and see how these cables do over time...I am interested more so now to see what their next flagship IEM will incorporate and extend beyond the current one we have...
post #2174 of 2339
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsincere View Post


I'm pretty sure they've heard of it by now, it's ok as long as they're actively pursuing a fix for the problem things happen sometimes and I understand this...I just wish maybe they would've made it known that it was a known issue and they were fixing it because sound wise these are damn good IEMs...and the innovation is astounding. I love the air or free flow and that you don't get that stuffy head IEM feeling after listing for long periods of time "yes we get used to it so it's not a major issue with others but when you wear these and sometimes I notice it like wow it's really nice". Sometimes it can be a good thing for things like this to happen as long as it's taken care of being in that Sennheiser will most likely learn and get some valuable input from what has happened. "We must always continue to learn because with valuable lessons come great products"😉....I'll wait and see how these cables do over time...I am interested more so now to see what their next flagship IEM will incorporate and extend beyond the current one we have...

Yes, they are fantastic IEMs. I was initially concerned whether I'd have the fit issues I had read about but for me it was set and forget, put them in your ears and enjoy the music. Out of all the Sennheiser HP I own, these are my go to favorites.

post #2175 of 2339
Quote:
Originally Posted by chawya22 View Post

Yes, they are fantastic IEMs. I was initially concerned whether I'd have the fit issues I had read about but for me it was set and forget, put them in your ears and enjoy the music. Out of all the Sennheiser HP I own, these are my go to favorites.

Agreed I feel the same out of all the top tier Sennheiser IEMs I have even my Shure SE846....I love these the most
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: