New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Page 15

post #211 of 1836

Has the release date and price been finalised ?

post #212 of 1836

Sennheiser had been suggesting a MSRP of 599 Euros. That currency is a moving target so who knows if the price is final. Sennheiser also said "summer" release. That is all we know so far.

 

There really hasn't been much news since April but it has been on display at conventions in Germany and some people have actually heard it.

post #213 of 1836

Where are they made in ?

post #214 of 1836

"The high-end earphones were developed and designed at Sennheiser's headquarters in Germany and will be produced here too."

 

http://www.sennheiser.co.uk/uk/home_en.nsf/root/press_releases_ie_800
 

 

Explains the high price tag.

post #215 of 1836

After the release of HD800, a dealer was told by a Sennheiser representative that they were developing other high end products.  I hope IE800 won't get delayed like HD700 and HD800.  biggrin.gif

post #216 of 1836

Summer time frame for what country? This wait is killing me i cant wait to here what some of the experts on head-fi think of them .. i'll easily throw 700 at a pair if there perfect but i have a feeling with the micro driver they will end up sounding more like fxt90 but with a better soundstage.


Edited by deadguy99 - 7/20/12 at 5:02pm
post #217 of 1836

It's summer in the northern hemisphere but I suspect we will have to wait a little longer.  In the meantime, there is AKG K3003.  biggrin.gif

post #218 of 1836

I'm so glad to see no mention at all of bass enhancin/tuning features on this new model, but I do worry about their spield about the dual vents stopping the bass from making midrange details - at least that is how I am understanding what they have written.  Does this mean they will still be a fun sounding IEM with recessed mids rather than a neutral one?  I think I will have to try this one before I buy...

post #219 of 1836
Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post

I'm so glad to see no mention at all of bass enhancin/tuning features on this new model, but I do worry about their spield about the dual vents stopping the bass from making midrange details - at least that is how I am understanding what they have written.  Does this mean they will still be a fun sounding IEM with recessed mids rather than a neutral one?  I think I will have to try this one before I buy...


The IE8s mids were recessed due to the excessive mid bass. The IE80s mids are not recessed (they are mid-centric IMO) and the bass emphasis has shifted towards sub bass opposed to mid bass.

post #220 of 1836
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


The IE8s mids were recessed due to the excessive mid bass. The IE80s mids are not recessed (they are mid-centric IMO) and the bass emphasis has shifted towards sub bass opposed to mid bass.

 

Interesting to know hear - I haven't hear the IE80.  


Edited by drez - 8/12/12 at 6:53am
post #221 of 1836
Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post

 

Interesting to know - I haven't hear the IE80.  


I kinda figured since the IE8 has such a bad rep with the mids :P.

 

Not to mention the potential these IEMs have with the proper pairing is uncanny. The Hisound Studio V and Rocoo BA pair amazingly well with the IE8/IE80 and (IMO) make them into very capable and detailed IEMs.

post #222 of 1836
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


I kinda figured since the IE8 has such a bad rep with the mids :P.

 

Not to mention the potential these IEMs have with the proper pairing is uncanny. The Hisound Studio V and Rocoo BA pair amazingly well with the IE8/IE80 and (IMO) make them into very capable and detailed IEMs.

 

The technology to reduce the 7-8 Khz peak sounds promising too, here's hoping this IEM will be easy to demo.


Edited by drez - 8/12/12 at 7:11am
post #223 of 1836
Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post

 

hmm I guess additional bass is OK as long as it doesn't sound like a really prominent subwoofer.  The technology to reduce the 7-8 Khz peak sounds promising too, here's hoping this IEM will be easy to demo.


Yeah I don't mind bass as long as it is well controlled and not bloated, distorted and bleeding over into the mids/treble. It's possible to avoid all of the above and have slamming bass :).


Edited by lee730 - 8/30/12 at 4:45pm
post #224 of 1836

More details:

 

Senn info:

http://en-de.sennheiser.com/ie-800

 

Pocket-lint Info from IFA 2012

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/46992/sennheiser-ie-800-momentum-cx-890i-u-320-headphones

 

Full size press photo

http://www.hifi.pl/graf/s/sennheiser-ie800-wtyki.jpg

 

FInally a *good* quality IEM set with built-in Samsung (Android) support. At least somebody finally understood that here are about 100 million "other" smart phones sold that are not iPhones :)

 

Now waiting for proper auditions, although I'm sure I'll be happy with the IEM audio quality myself. Just need to find a good introductory deal on the price :)

post #225 of 1836
Quote:
There's good news for Samsung Galaxy S III users, as the IE 800 headphones come with cables for both Apple and Samsung Galaxy devices, offering in-line controls for either.

 

 

Interesting. It is is difficult to know where Flint gets its information but these are probably optional accessories, not included.

 

I also wonder about this CX890i for the iPhone that they mention.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: