- 598 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: Manchester, uk
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser IE800tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- Difficult To Only Have 1 IEM That (Does it all!) Last post on 1/25/15 at 3:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beware of Sennheiser IE 800 fakes/counterfeits, question for owners Last post on 1/19/15 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for the most comfortable, best sounding IEM without an amp Last post on 12/29/14 at 7:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats your go to sub $120 IEM? Last post on 1/17/15 at 2:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphone Burn - in or Break - in...?? Last post on 12/24/14 at 8:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Page 135
Gear mentioned in this thread:
First impression, where is the bass?!!!!!!!! Instantly knew the supplied tip was a poor fit, Even though it felt like it went in ok. I put the smallest round tip on and the fit felt much better and the seal felt great. Pressed play.................... Wow! These little bad boys are instantly awesome!!!! Straight from my I phone 5 with 240 Kbps acc they sound like mini hd800s with a touch more bass! My hd800 rig totals about £2500!!!!! I'm impressed. These are my instant 'new toy' impressions with an album I've only listened to a few times on my hd800s ( Ed sheerans X) time to go through my reference tracks and see what they sound like from the O2 /odac. I think I'm gonna love these !
I am sure you will, does anyone have experience with buying These on Ebay, and if so what with the warranty?
That's a refreshing view and validates the argument that i had in a previous thread with someone who implied that all of us who spent this money or more are fools and the sweet spot for iems is $200
I know the Feeling:-)
The ie800 are highly engineered iems despite being a single dynamic driver that in the not too distant past were $1000.It's not hard to believe that sennheiser's totl iem has 80-90% the sound of their totl headphone.I simply do not see a $200 iem coming close to that fantastic all around sound unless the company that makes them has some magicians that are working for free.I have or have heard some of the best midrange iems like w4r,pfe232,535,fischer amps fa-4 e,asg2 and even though the last 2 come close to clarity,detail and separation they are not as balanced(low,mid,high),open,rich and musical sounding.Now the Atrio MG7 that the guy posted obviously has to be incredible value for money based on reviews and impressions by the users but i cannot believe that the difference between these and ie800 is minimal.
Edited by Caruryn - 6/26/14 at 6:10am
I cannot really see a logical upgrade path to these, although I'm sure I'll see something at some point that will convince me otherwise... Until that point, still a very happy IE800 owner
I wonder if our perception is the same which we have when we are looking at a Mercedes Benz and or BMW car. They have to be automaticly superior ,not also but certainly due to their Price. I am sure there are many really good IEM´s at half the Price or even less,like for example the Fostex TE-05, but most of those are produced in China, and not like the IE800 exclusive in Germany. Second there are the sources, which recordings, on what devices, with or without DAC /Amp , that have an imortant influence on the Performance of an IEM.
Normally when having a luxury IEM as the 800, you would expect the search comes to an end, and you finally have the time to actually listening to Music instead of being busy all the time with the gear, but for some it seems than the latter is the Hobby more than the music it self....
Well for some there could be a problem with the fit as these are designed for shallow insertion and they could be falling off after a period or simply do not fit the shape of the ear.That can have an impact on sound.The fact that the tips are proprietary does not help although the comply tips are an alternative.
- Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 3 seconds ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 12 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH-600 or Alpha Dog 58 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Clear, balanced open-back headphones for under $300 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 vs. the HD 598 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 4 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3