- 670 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: Manchester, uk
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser IE800tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- Question Sennheiser IE 800 and Sony NW-ZX2 Last post on 5/20/15 at 12:18pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 3/26/15 at 8:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Difficult To Only Have 1 IEM That (Does it all!) Last post on 1/25/15 at 3:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beware of Sennheiser IE 800 fakes/counterfeits, question for owners Last post on 1/19/15 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for the most comfortable, best sounding IEM without an amp Last post on 12/29/14 at 7:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I actually have the ES900m, which doesn't have microphone and control buttons, but the rest is the same. For $6 it's impossible to buy a pair of earphones as good as them. I really believe...
This review will compare between the two semi-flagship headphones from two companies; The K712 headphones from AKG, and the HD700 from Sennheiser. "Expect and discover. The perfection." -box...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample of your Hammo S headphones. Still fresh in my mind how I almost missed an opportunity to review...
I have been using a E09K to power my DT990 600ohm cans for over two years now, long enough that I don't really remember exactly when I got it but for sure over two years. I use this thing every...
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Page 135
Gear mentioned in this thread:
First impression, where is the bass?!!!!!!!! Instantly knew the supplied tip was a poor fit, Even though it felt like it went in ok. I put the smallest round tip on and the fit felt much better and the seal felt great. Pressed play.................... Wow! These little bad boys are instantly awesome!!!! Straight from my I phone 5 with 240 Kbps acc they sound like mini hd800s with a touch more bass! My hd800 rig totals about £2500!!!!! I'm impressed. These are my instant 'new toy' impressions with an album I've only listened to a few times on my hd800s ( Ed sheerans X) time to go through my reference tracks and see what they sound like from the O2 /odac. I think I'm gonna love these !
I am sure you will, does anyone have experience with buying These on Ebay, and if so what with the warranty?
That's a refreshing view and validates the argument that i had in a previous thread with someone who implied that all of us who spent this money or more are fools and the sweet spot for iems is $200
I know the Feeling:-)
The ie800 are highly engineered iems despite being a single dynamic driver that in the not too distant past were $1000.It's not hard to believe that sennheiser's totl iem has 80-90% the sound of their totl headphone.I simply do not see a $200 iem coming close to that fantastic all around sound unless the company that makes them has some magicians that are working for free.I have or have heard some of the best midrange iems like w4r,pfe232,535,fischer amps fa-4 e,asg2 and even though the last 2 come close to clarity,detail and separation they are not as balanced(low,mid,high),open,rich and musical sounding.Now the Atrio MG7 that the guy posted obviously has to be incredible value for money based on reviews and impressions by the users but i cannot believe that the difference between these and ie800 is minimal.
Edited by Caruryn - 6/26/14 at 6:10am
I cannot really see a logical upgrade path to these, although I'm sure I'll see something at some point that will convince me otherwise... Until that point, still a very happy IE800 owner
I wonder if our perception is the same which we have when we are looking at a Mercedes Benz and or BMW car. They have to be automaticly superior ,not also but certainly due to their Price. I am sure there are many really good IEM´s at half the Price or even less,like for example the Fostex TE-05, but most of those are produced in China, and not like the IE800 exclusive in Germany. Second there are the sources, which recordings, on what devices, with or without DAC /Amp , that have an imortant influence on the Performance of an IEM.
Normally when having a luxury IEM as the 800, you would expect the search comes to an end, and you finally have the time to actually listening to Music instead of being busy all the time with the gear, but for some it seems than the latter is the Hobby more than the music it self....
Well for some there could be a problem with the fit as these are designed for shallow insertion and they could be falling off after a period or simply do not fit the shape of the ear.That can have an impact on sound.The fact that the tips are proprietary does not help although the comply tips are an alternative.
- Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 46 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 3 minutes ago
- › Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs 3.0. Free shipping in CON U.S. 5 minutes ago
- › WHO ARE THE BEST LOOKING PEOPLE ON EARTH? 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio "Pro" desktop line discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › CRYO UP-OCC 3.5"-3.5" Interconnect 6 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2