- 666 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: Manchester, uk
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser IE800tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 3/26/15 at 8:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Difficult To Only Have 1 IEM That (Does it all!) Last post on 1/25/15 at 3:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beware of Sennheiser IE 800 fakes/counterfeits, question for owners Last post on 1/19/15 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for the most comfortable, best sounding IEM without an amp Last post on 12/29/14 at 7:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats your go to sub $120 IEM? Last post on 1/17/15 at 2:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
These were actually my first pair of mixing headphones. I can definitely say they worked for me at the time, but this is also the time I did not acknowledge the importance of EQ & compression. I...
In my search for a good pair of earbuds, these where my next try. Better than the previous maxell I bought, but definitely the search must keep going. My ratings are; Bass 2/5,...
Grado SR80i Intro Thingy: I was wondering if I should even review the SR80i because Grado's e series cans came out not too long ago and I was thinking noone would heed my review 'cause the...
Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Page 135
Gear mentioned in this thread:
First impression, where is the bass?!!!!!!!! Instantly knew the supplied tip was a poor fit, Even though it felt like it went in ok. I put the smallest round tip on and the fit felt much better and the seal felt great. Pressed play.................... Wow! These little bad boys are instantly awesome!!!! Straight from my I phone 5 with 240 Kbps acc they sound like mini hd800s with a touch more bass! My hd800 rig totals about £2500!!!!! I'm impressed. These are my instant 'new toy' impressions with an album I've only listened to a few times on my hd800s ( Ed sheerans X) time to go through my reference tracks and see what they sound like from the O2 /odac. I think I'm gonna love these !
I am sure you will, does anyone have experience with buying These on Ebay, and if so what with the warranty?
That's a refreshing view and validates the argument that i had in a previous thread with someone who implied that all of us who spent this money or more are fools and the sweet spot for iems is $200
I know the Feeling:-)
The ie800 are highly engineered iems despite being a single dynamic driver that in the not too distant past were $1000.It's not hard to believe that sennheiser's totl iem has 80-90% the sound of their totl headphone.I simply do not see a $200 iem coming close to that fantastic all around sound unless the company that makes them has some magicians that are working for free.I have or have heard some of the best midrange iems like w4r,pfe232,535,fischer amps fa-4 e,asg2 and even though the last 2 come close to clarity,detail and separation they are not as balanced(low,mid,high),open,rich and musical sounding.Now the Atrio MG7 that the guy posted obviously has to be incredible value for money based on reviews and impressions by the users but i cannot believe that the difference between these and ie800 is minimal.
Edited by Caruryn - 6/26/14 at 6:10am
I cannot really see a logical upgrade path to these, although I'm sure I'll see something at some point that will convince me otherwise... Until that point, still a very happy IE800 owner
I wonder if our perception is the same which we have when we are looking at a Mercedes Benz and or BMW car. They have to be automaticly superior ,not also but certainly due to their Price. I am sure there are many really good IEM´s at half the Price or even less,like for example the Fostex TE-05, but most of those are produced in China, and not like the IE800 exclusive in Germany. Second there are the sources, which recordings, on what devices, with or without DAC /Amp , that have an imortant influence on the Performance of an IEM.
Normally when having a luxury IEM as the 800, you would expect the search comes to an end, and you finally have the time to actually listening to Music instead of being busy all the time with the gear, but for some it seems than the latter is the Hobby more than the music it self....
Well for some there could be a problem with the fit as these are designed for shallow insertion and they could be falling off after a period or simply do not fit the shape of the ear.That can have an impact on sound.The fact that the tips are proprietary does not help although the comply tips are an alternative.
- Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 7 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 34 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 36 seconds ago
- › [WTS] JH13 Freqphase Custom IEM 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado PS1000 Owner's List 4 minutes ago
- › Vsonic VSD2 / VSD2S and AN16 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by 1Infinity
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2