- 630 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: Manchester, uk
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser IE800tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 2/8/15 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Difficult To Only Have 1 IEM That (Does it all!) Last post on 1/25/15 at 3:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beware of Sennheiser IE 800 fakes/counterfeits, question for owners Last post on 1/19/15 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for the most comfortable, best sounding IEM without an amp Last post on 12/29/14 at 7:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats your go to sub $120 IEM? Last post on 1/17/15 at 2:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Also, I have to apologize for some of the...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Page 135
Gear mentioned in this thread:
First impression, where is the bass?!!!!!!!! Instantly knew the supplied tip was a poor fit, Even though it felt like it went in ok. I put the smallest round tip on and the fit felt much better and the seal felt great. Pressed play.................... Wow! These little bad boys are instantly awesome!!!! Straight from my I phone 5 with 240 Kbps acc they sound like mini hd800s with a touch more bass! My hd800 rig totals about £2500!!!!! I'm impressed. These are my instant 'new toy' impressions with an album I've only listened to a few times on my hd800s ( Ed sheerans X) time to go through my reference tracks and see what they sound like from the O2 /odac. I think I'm gonna love these !
I am sure you will, does anyone have experience with buying These on Ebay, and if so what with the warranty?
That's a refreshing view and validates the argument that i had in a previous thread with someone who implied that all of us who spent this money or more are fools and the sweet spot for iems is $200
I know the Feeling:-)
The ie800 are highly engineered iems despite being a single dynamic driver that in the not too distant past were $1000.It's not hard to believe that sennheiser's totl iem has 80-90% the sound of their totl headphone.I simply do not see a $200 iem coming close to that fantastic all around sound unless the company that makes them has some magicians that are working for free.I have or have heard some of the best midrange iems like w4r,pfe232,535,fischer amps fa-4 e,asg2 and even though the last 2 come close to clarity,detail and separation they are not as balanced(low,mid,high),open,rich and musical sounding.Now the Atrio MG7 that the guy posted obviously has to be incredible value for money based on reviews and impressions by the users but i cannot believe that the difference between these and ie800 is minimal.
Edited by Caruryn - 6/26/14 at 6:10am
I cannot really see a logical upgrade path to these, although I'm sure I'll see something at some point that will convince me otherwise... Until that point, still a very happy IE800 owner
I wonder if our perception is the same which we have when we are looking at a Mercedes Benz and or BMW car. They have to be automaticly superior ,not also but certainly due to their Price. I am sure there are many really good IEM´s at half the Price or even less,like for example the Fostex TE-05, but most of those are produced in China, and not like the IE800 exclusive in Germany. Second there are the sources, which recordings, on what devices, with or without DAC /Amp , that have an imortant influence on the Performance of an IEM.
Normally when having a luxury IEM as the 800, you would expect the search comes to an end, and you finally have the time to actually listening to Music instead of being busy all the time with the gear, but for some it seems than the latter is the Hobby more than the music it self....
Well for some there could be a problem with the fit as these are designed for shallow insertion and they could be falling off after a period or simply do not fit the shape of the ear.That can have an impact on sound.The fact that the tips are proprietary does not help although the comply tips are an alternative.
- Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 8 seconds ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 1 minute ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 2 minutes ago
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3