or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Page 134

post #1996 of 5926

Glad you're liking them M-13.Since you have both daps which combo is the most enjoyable,with dx90 or x5?

post #1997 of 5926
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post
 

Hey fellow IE800 owners. Does the IE800 kick ass or what?

 

It's so damn impressive!

 

It's kinda jaw-dropping. I'm a long time owner of the SE530/535 and than the W4R and UE900, all three at the same time for a while. Also had the Triple-Fi 10 for years too.

 

I then moved to full-sized cans like the HD650/LCD-2/HE-500 and enjoyed these nice full-sized cans for two+ years.

 

And honestly... OMFG I had no idea IEM's could sound this awesome. They sound so open, dynamic, and the scale of sound, they sound like speakers sometimes. The resolution is pretty incredible too and talk about well balanced. I wouldn't call them dead-neutral like the Focal Spirit Pro, but they are well balanced without any offensive dips or peaks. They do have a small sub-bass bump/coloration, but I'm talking sub-bass, not that annoying midbass garbage a lot of IEMs have.

 

In short these are the bees knees and I'm in love. Well worth the $700 I paid for them. Brand new from an authorized dealer. My serial is like 8700s something.

 

Very happy owner and can't recommend them enough.:D


Strange that you pay less for a German made product than we do in Germany, here the Price is 951 dollar

post #1998 of 5926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caruryn View Post
 

Glad you're liking them M-13.Since you have both daps which combo is the most enjoyable,with dx90 or x5?

I'm leaning toward the DX90 lately, but It's not conclusive yet. The X5 does have things to offer too. I'll let you guys know after I get more time A/B'ing

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvlyminck View Post
 


Strange that you pay less for a German made product than we do in Germany, here the Price is 951 dollar

Yeah I'm in South Korea right now for business and the price has fallen $215 in 5 weeks that I've been here. I bought it for $699 and now the price is $684. It's crazy, and it's an OEM/Authorized Sennheiser dealer. My ID/Halogram sticker checks out as authentic on the Sennheiser website, and of course the sound is authentic, OMG if fakes sounded like this then everyone would go out of business.

post #1999 of 5926

Are there really fake ie800?I would think it hard to replicate the construction and kevlar cable of ie800 but i have heard of fake ie80 so one can never be too careful...

post #2000 of 5926

I'm so tempted by this in ear. But still, how can I justify 700€ for an universal fit in ear?

I will have to hide them and lie, if someone asks me how much they are :D (especially the girlfriend)

post #2001 of 5926
Quote:
Originally Posted by frix View Post
 

I'm so tempted by this in ear. But still, how can I justify 700€ for an universal fit in ear?

I will have to hide them and lie, if someone asks me how much they are :D (especially the girlfriend)

I bought them 475 euro incl shipping from an australian store from ebay.Kind of a steal actually considering the 846 are going online between 730 and 900 euro and are of the same tier.

post #2002 of 5926
Well from private ebay sellers one can get the ie800 for a good price 400-500€. But I also want the two years warranty.
post #2003 of 5926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caruryn View Post

Are there really fake ie800?I would think it hard to replicate the construction and kevlar cable of ie800 but i have heard of fake ie80 so one can never be too careful...

Well, there is ton of fake ie800 on aliexpress, all from 70 to 200$. But never see any comparison pictures, so not able to judge quality.
post #2004 of 5926
i think it would be too difficult to imitate the ceramic housing. maybe they can imitate the aesthetics of the cable but the housing indint think so.
post #2005 of 5926

I'm pretty sure the fakes use plastic housing. A real IE800 owner will be able to easily tell the difference. Not to mention the sound will be utter garbage compared to the real deal.

 

Fakes are for posers.

post #2006 of 5926
I've just ordered these. I've been lurking here for a while and doing my research. Ive finished with my home rig and I decided I needed to upgrade my se535s. After listening to hd800 and hd600 balanced from a hdvd800 in home the shures just don't cut it when I'm out and about anymore. I never thought I would spend more than I did on the 535s on iems and this is certainly my most extreme/ possibly stupid purchase in audio equipment . I do think it's a hell of a lot for iems! I really hope they are worth the money and if they sound remotely close in terms or quality of sound( I know the sig is different) to the hd600 and by some miracle the hd800 I will be extremely happy and it will be worth it.
I will post impressions when they arrive. Have I made I good decision?!
post #2007 of 5926
Quote:
Originally Posted by James-uk View Post

I've just ordered these. I've been lurking here for a while and doing my research. Ive finished with my home rig and I decided I needed to upgrade my se535s. After listening to hd800 and hd600 balanced from a hdvd800 in home the shures just don't cut it when I'm out and about anymore. I never thought I would spend more than I did on the 535s on iems and this is certainly my most extreme/ possibly stupid purchase in audio equipment . I do think it's a hell of a lot for iems! I really hope they are worth the money and if they sound remotely close in terms or quality of sound( I know the sig is different) to the hd600 and by some miracle the hd800 I will be extremely happy and it will be worth it.
I will post impressions when they arrive. Have I made I good decision?!

The best.I have them both and it's no comparison.The only thing that remotely compares is the lush engaging mids of 535 and even then it loses in clarity and tonal balance to ie800.Everything else is no contest.Soundstage,imaging,instrument separation bass,treble.The 535 sound small and congested with no room to breathe once you hear the senn.The only thing you need is a good source.I recommend ibasso dx90,very good synergy especially the treble,clarity and bass.

post #2008 of 5926

My ie800 just arrived this morning! Listened to them non stop for about 4 hours and the best thing about these are the huge soundstage, instrument separation and clarity. 
I'm really happy that Avril Lavign's recordings sound especially special like she is just standing in front of you and the instruments are around her. It gives quite a nice 3d image.

Very happy with them so far ... also not many iems I've had that make taylor swift sound this good.


Edited by joey99 - 6/25/14 at 3:55pm
post #2009 of 5926
Quote:
Originally Posted by frix View Post

Well from private ebay sellers one can get the ie800 for a good price 400-500€. But I also want the two years warranty.
post #2010 of 5926
That is right, but it scares me to buy from Ebay, the prices are great but what with warranty ? I wrote to Sennheiser today but no answer yet
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: