New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Page 133

post #1981 of 2339

Carlsan i value your opinion.How would you rate ie800 and  fa-4 e (which i have) and 1plus2 (which i wish i had) on a scale of 1 to 10?

post #1982 of 2339
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilW View Post
 


I think this is quoted at -10db

 


I did listen to them about 2 hours with a lot of Music I know very well and I have to say,I couldn´t hear that much difference with my IE80, I have the Impression they do everything a Little bit better, certainly the soundstage , but I doubt it is worth the Investment of 699 Euro, compared to the 299 of the IE80 which come a lot cheaper if you buy them from Amazon Germany, I hope Sennheiser will make a IE700 at a more reasonable Price,

post #1983 of 2339
The IE80 is that good?

If so then might have to get a pair to compliment the IE800!

IE8 sounds murky, congested and dull in comparison to their more expensive brother, so i now wonder if IE80 is more like the 8 or the 800....

You'd have to pull the IE800 out of my dying hands, that is how much I like them.
post #1984 of 2339

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan View Post

The IE80 is that good?

If so then might have to get a pair to compliment the IE800!

IE8 sounds murky, congested and dull in comparison to their more expensive brother, so i now wonder if IE80 is more like the 8 or the 800....

You'd have to pull the IE800 out of my dying hands, that is how much I like them.

 

The IE80 sound extremely similar to the IE8 and nothing like the IE800.

post #1985 of 2339
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post
 

Quote:

 

The IE80 sound extremely similar to the IE8 and nothing like the IE800.

 

Agree.IE800 is different.

post #1986 of 2339
Quote:
Originally Posted by high-fidelity View Post
 

 

Agree.IE800 is different.


We all hear different, I used the same Music, my iPhone 5s, and my Beyerdynamic A200p, to listen with both IE80 and 800, but yes my experience is personal and relative, but I stick to my opinion that the difference doesn´t reflect the Price who is more than the double 699 Euro in Europe , to make it clear for the US Music friends,this is 951 Dollar.

post #1987 of 2339
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvlyminck View Post
 


We all hear different, I used the same Music, my iPhone 5s, and my Beyerdynamic A200p, to listen with both IE80 and 800, but yes my experience is personal and relative, but I stick to my opinion that the difference doesn´t reflect the Price who is more than the double 699 Euro in Europe , to make it clear for the US Music friends,this is 951 Dollar.

 

I mean they have different signatures.And I suggest you if you want great performance from IE800,use better DAP.Like A&K or Calyx...

 

And I think it is normal price for IE800.

post #1988 of 2339
Quote:
Originally Posted by high-fidelity View Post

I mean they have different signatures.And I suggest you if you want great performance from IE800,use better DAP.Like A&K or Calyx...



And I think it is normal price for IE800.

They sound different yes, they also improve more with an improvement in source, meaning they will open up even more with high res player. The good thing with them is they sound good with a phone as well, I own the iE8, 80's and iE800 as well and the 800's are a much better improvement over all previous, I ran the 80's with the AK240 as well and they sound pretty good too but not as good as the 800's by any means....but I'll always say they should've kept the detachable cables.....big mistake in my opinion....
post #1989 of 2339
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvlyminck View Post
 

We all hear different, I used the same Music, my iPhone 5s, and my Beyerdynamic A200p, to listen with both IE80 and 800, but yes my experience is personal and relative, but I stick to my opinion that the difference doesn´t reflect the Price who is more than the double 699 Euro in Europe , to make it clear for the US Music friends,this is 951 Dollar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by high-fidelity View Post
 

I mean they have different signatures.

 

I too was referring to sound signatures. The IE8 and IE80 sound very much alike, while the IE800 sound significantly different.

 

I actually still like my IE8 a lot, simply EQ the midbass down and they're still a great phone.

post #1990 of 2339
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post
 

 

I too was referring to sound signatures. The IE8 and IE80 sound very much alike, while the IE800 sound significantly different.

 

I actually still like my IE8 a lot, simply EQ the midbass down and they're still a great phone.


I use my IE80 with the bass screw half open which a good grunt to to justice to the Music of Magma, Primus, classic Yes, Chrome Hoof, and the like.

I experienced the IE800 as more powerfull but not really better Sound, I know the latter is expensive because enginered and produced in Germany, They are so compact that you easily can refer to the art of watch making to get this Little jewel together,but for me Counts, what Progression do I have for the Money, and yes Sound signature might differ but the sheer Quality of Sound is not a big step up from the IE80,Somewhere there are Limits to what can be done, and what we understand as good Sound.Take for example sennheiser´s HD650 is still populair after it´s 10 year market appearance, which Shows that you can´t do nuch better than that, and new Technologies might better the best in minimal fractions, but the Price is than double or triple,so I want good Sound but I am also rational customer.

post #1991 of 2339
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsincere View Post


They sound different yes, they also improve more with an improvement in source, meaning they will open up even more with high res player. The good thing with them is they sound good with a phone as well, I own the iE8, 80's and iE800 as well and the 800's are a much better improvement over all previous, I ran the 80's with the AK240 as well and they sound pretty good too but not as good as the 800's by any means....but I'll always say they should've kept the detachable cables.....big mistake in my opinion....


Look if I Play an Audiophile cd on my Yamaha kitchen System, it also sounds good, or better than anyone would expect just due to the source.I listened to High Res recordings and normal, with a fairly cheap headphone (Teufel Aureol) and guess what, I also did hear the improvement here, we seem to Forget that Audio Equipment does not more than reproducing the source, and id the source is a bad recorded seventies cd, than even the very best Equipment won´t make it better,on the contrary, it does confront you with the mistakes.Using Wimp Streaming source gives a very satisfiying result on my iPhone 5s and a Little improvement with the use of the AK10 . I mainly listen to prog-avant rock and beyond,including the seventies classics which weren´t always good recorded, some remasters Sound exellent others not, but I am not going to listen to High Res and or Audiophile recordings just for the sake of it, because a lot of them may Sound perfect soundwise but include very boring and sterile Music.In the end I want improvement in Sound but not at any Price and I still like to listen to Music and not to sound(s) somethimes caused by accident that are just a part of the recording.

post #1992 of 2339
Quote:
Originally Posted by high-fidelity View Post
 

 

I mean they have different signatures.And I suggest you if you want great performance from IE800,use better DAP.Like A&K or Calyx...

 

And I think it is normal price for IE800.


The Beyerdynamic is the AK10 just released in the EU under the Beyerdynamic brand Name. it has the same DAC as the AK100 , so the lack of Performance is out of the question here,altrough I have to say, that since I did buy I am already on the third one, lucky enough, there is the warranty, so never a Problem to Exchange the damaged one.

Price is normal considering the fact that it is enginered and produced in Germany, and so much new Technology into a very compact in ear demands the accuracy of a watchmaker, but for me Counts the Price in relation to the progess of Sound, and compared to the IE80 ,it is not worth it for me, even if this are Little jewels.

post #1993 of 2339
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvlyminck View Post
 


I did listen to them about 2 hours with a lot of Music I know very well and I have to say,I couldn´t hear that much difference with my IE80, I have the Impression they do everything a Little bit better, certainly the soundstage , but I doubt it is worth the Investment of 699 Euro, compared to the 299 of the IE80 which come a lot cheaper if you buy them from Amazon Germany, I hope Sennheiser will make a IE700 at a more reasonable Price,

You must be joking. IE80 sounds like .... after IE 800. And this is really easily noticeable.

post #1994 of 2339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir_F1 View Post
 

You must be joking. IE80 sounds like .... after IE 800. And this is really easily noticeable.


Well I am 57 and after numerous rocjk concerts and motorcross Events it is possible my Hearing is not up with the best  anymore :-)

post #1995 of 2339

Hey fellow IE800 owners. Does the IE800 kick ass or what?

 

It's so damn impressive!

 

It's kinda jaw-dropping. I'm a long time owner of the SE530/535 and than the W4R and UE900, all three at the same time for a while. Also had the Triple-Fi 10 for years too.

 

I then moved to full-sized cans like the HD650/LCD-2/HE-500 and enjoyed these nice full-sized cans for two+ years.

 

And honestly... OMFG I had no idea IEM's could sound this awesome. They sound so open, dynamic, and the scale of sound, they sound like speakers sometimes. The resolution is pretty incredible too and talk about well balanced. I wouldn't call them dead-neutral like the Focal Spirit Pro, but they are well balanced without any offensive dips or peaks. They do have a small sub-bass bump/coloration, but I'm talking sub-bass, not that annoying midbass garbage a lot of IEMs have.

 

In short these are the bees knees and I'm in love. Well worth the $700 I paid for them. Brand new from an authorized dealer. My serial is like 8700s something.

 

Very happy owner and can't recommend them enough.:D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: